April 27, 2024, 04:23:58 pm

Author Topic: Regarding ping  (Read 545 times)

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Regarding ping
« on: June 13, 2017, 12:41:00 pm »
So I've got to hear that Blitz vs Signal match was postponed after set 1, 3-1 because of Signal's ping, my question is, can't we just declare the winner and forfeit the opponent if this happen because anyone who's losing might just start downloading and make his ping high and excuse the match  :(
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding ping
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 01:23:37 pm »
We must believe in the honesty of the people :D But you're right, it's problematic.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 01:31:26 pm »
I agree but I think the situation needs a more creative solution than direct forfeit.. ping spikes can happen to all people :D

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 03:52:34 pm »
We must believe in the honesty of the people :D But you're right, it's problematic.
Honesty in ass,think with cheater POV, not honest ppl point of view, you never know their next move :D

I agree but I think the situation needs a more creative solution than direct forfeit.. ping spikes can happen to all people :D
Spike is different thing, and there's rule for ping spike, just couple of minutes ago, Danish lost to sevrin and all points were given to Sevrin, because he was kicked 3 times in a row.

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 05:10:23 pm »
I think this forfeit feature is essential to prevent using poor nets as an excuse whenever it comes in handy. At the same time I really dislike to declare forfeit, it ruins the fun of having to fight to win a match, thus I can only invite all the players with problematic nets to try to find the best moment to play a match, instead of trying casually and then start timing out constantly.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

karan

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 08:36:22 pm »
I think this forfeit feature is essential to prevent using poor nets as an excuse whenever it comes in handy. At the same time I really dislike to declare forfeit, it ruins the fun of having to fight to win a match, thus I can only invite all the players with problematic nets to try to find the best moment to play a match, instead of trying casually and then start timing out constantly.
They all are eagerly to complete their matches lol, I don't understand, what's the need of doing more than 10-15 matches in just one day, it's okay if you got ping or any other issues, you can sit back till it get fixed but nope, they'll agree to do it in miserable condition too..
Agree Agree x 1 (list)