login
May 02, 2024, 05:23:49 pm

Author Topic: More cheating  (Read 39943 times)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
Re: More cheating
« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2016, 07:33:16 am »
What I meant was that nobody will be honest about what kind of crap they are using.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2016, 07:38:51 am »
What I meant was that nobody will be honest about what kind of crap they are using.
Yep, agreed, which is why I said we wouldn't have any feasible way to do it.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 25, 2016, 07:45:09 am »
Player A would say: "I just downloaded mod B that uses a .dll  but it does not contain cheats, I promise!". Then it would be up to admins to go investigate said mod and said .dll. That is, assuming the player is even speaking the truth.
Since you started to play NSA by reading private messages from their BNC why not to force all players of your server(s) to install remote control software at their PCs. Then admins will *investigate* all mods of players xD

You making total bullshit from a typical gaming mouse feature because it, oh, using "game's memory". What the fucking your business about how players fixing their axis sensitivity in their own PC, buying $100 mouse or just using free software. 
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 25, 2016, 07:55:10 am »
Player A would say: "I just downloaded mod B that uses a .dll  but it does not contain cheats, I promise!". Then it would be up to admins to go investigate said mod and said .dll. That is, assuming the player is even speaking the truth.
Since you started to play NSA by reading private messages from their BNC why not to force all players of your server(s) to install remote control software at their PCs. Then admins will *investigate* all mods of players xD
Hilarious.
You making total bullshit from a typical gaming mouse feature because it, oh, using "game's memory". What the fucking your business about how players fixing their axis sensitivity in their own PC, buying $100 mouse or just using free software. 
The only reason those "typical mice" are even allowed in professional competitive play is exactly because they don't touch the game's memory....
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 25, 2016, 07:59:11 am »
The only reason those "typical mice" are even allowed in professional competitive play is exactly because they don't touch the game's memory....
There is no differences in result. And there is alot of ways to cheat w/o any .dll.
You're making bullshit from nothing.
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 25, 2016, 08:07:12 am »
There is no differences in result. And there is alot of ways to cheat w/o any .dll.
You're making bullshit from nothing.
So if we allow people injecting .dll into their game (which vcmp devs don't), where do you draw the line? Which .dll are allowed and which aren't? And how do you identify them and what each do? As I said above, we have no feasible way to do this.

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 25, 2016, 08:13:29 am »
So if we allow people injecting .dll into their game (which vcmp devs don't), where you do you draw the line? Which .dll are allowed and which aren't? And how do you identify them and what each do? As I said above, we have no feasible way to do this.
Allow/disallow anything you want. I only judge by the result - by gameplay. If it's impossible to detect, then is nothing to talk about. You are server's creator but still thinks (wants?) you can control client, it's a critical mistake of ANY network software development.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:15:24 am by vito »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 25, 2016, 08:31:55 am »
You are server's creator but still thinks (wants?) you can control client, it's critical mistake of ANY network software development.
I don't know who told you that, but I have been coding for a living and from all the products I've been involved in so far, that has definitely not been the case. You usually prepare/develop a product (in this case a vcmp server) for a client according to what you know the client can do. In this case you don't know what the client can do because you allow him to load any .dll he wants to. It's unexpected behaviour. Therefore you need to validate the clients' actions and impose some ground rules.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 25, 2016, 08:48:13 am »
I don't know who told
Basic security rule. You able to control only input of your server.

In this case you don't know what the client can do
Player can use mods of collisions/animations w/o .dll, in this case you don't know what the client can do. I can say more - you don't know what the client can do in any case.

Therefore you need to validate the clients' actions and impose some ground rules.
You can't *validate* local client actions. Being server owner you can validate input of your server only.

Try to look on you from side. What are you trying to proof? .dll is bad? OK. How about IMGTool.exe? txd Workshop.exe? GTAAnimManager.exe? Omg hacking software. Ban! You wants to control player's PC but you even unable to control your mind.

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 25, 2016, 09:16:51 am »
I don't know who told
Basic security rule. You able to control only input of your server.
But that's the thing, you can't control the input of something you are not expecting, like unknown behaviour caused by loading player .dll files.
In this case you don't know what the client can do
Player can use mods of collisions/animations w/o .dll, in this case you don't know what the client can do. I can say more - you don't know what the client can do in any case.
Exactly, and you think that allowing players to load additional .dll is going to help with that? It's just going to make it worse.

Therefore you need to validate the clients' actions and impose some ground rules.
You can't *validate* local client actions. Being server owner you can validate input of your server only.
Of course, what I meant by clients' actions was: Clients' actions on the server, which means input.
Try to look on you from side. What are you trying to proof? .dll is bad? OK. How about IMGTool.exe? txd Workshop.exe? GTAAnimManager.exe? Omg hacking software. Ban! You wants to control player's PC but you even unable to control your mind.
Trying to prove that letting players load unauthorized .dll in a multiplayer game is bad. Why is it unauthorized? Because vcmp devs have also removed the option to load .asi files which are pretty much the same.

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 25, 2016, 09:30:23 am »
This topic is made for revealing old hackers and cheaters, waiting for more surprises..

Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

vito

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 25, 2016, 09:31:59 am »
But that's the thing, you can't control the input of something you are not expecting, like unknown behaviour caused by loading player .dll files.
Yes, you can't control, like collisions/animations mods too.
Exactly, and you think that allowing players to load additional .dll is going to help with that? It's just going to make it worse.
Nope, I think to judge by gameplay (and some serverside and clientside scripts). But not by fact of *.dll using.
Of course, what I meant by clients' actions was: Clients' actions on the server, which means input.
input - bytes client sent to your server. Player's PC/game's memory is not under your control.
Trying to prove that letting players load unauthorized .dll in a multiplayer game is bad. Why is it unauthorized? Because vcmp devs have also removed the option to load .asi files which are pretty much the same.
So editing of game's files is authorized? Devs not protected it. Try to think yourself to draw the border of *cheating* instead bringing authority of vc-mp devs and their actions of .asi or anything else.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:35:25 am by vito »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

QarZ

• Crazy Man
  • you won't be able to think about anyone other than
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 25, 2016, 09:38:33 am »

Funny Funny x 5 (list)

aWaIx

• Crazy Man
  • Don't hate me, hate your weakness.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 25, 2016, 10:52:39 am »

Congratulations! ^^
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 4 (list)

koray

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 25, 2016, 11:18:49 am »
Yes it is possible if you give fuckload of money to a gaming mouse.The point you insist on resisting is,it is also possible as seen in chatlogs.Dont tell me "I dont use it" " I dont need it" bullshit.There is potential we're talking about.

What I dont get is,why does such config files lay on client side editable?Cant you guys figure a way out of this?I mean,aimbot wasnt a thing back at 0.3,but now it is.Just think about it.
Winner Winner x 1 (list)