May 08, 2024, 11:19:38 pm

Author Topic: Brexit (UK leaving the EU)  (Read 1946 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Brexit (UK leaving the EU)
« on: June 30, 2016, 07:08:43 pm »
I'm interested to know what the coverage is in other countries of the UK leaving the EU. Is it a popular story? What are people/newspapers saying?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

MaDKilleR

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • MaDKiLLeR's Site
Re: Brexit (UK leaving the EU)
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2016, 07:19:50 pm »
That title perfectly explains everything.

Funny Funny x 2 Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

- [VU]MaDKiLLeR

Kelvin

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Miami Killers
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2016, 08:21:56 pm »
It is a very popular story specially here in Turkey because of Cameron's words. But i care more about football side. Players like payet will not be able to play when UK  officialy leaves EU.

Also the hurmor "UK left EU twice in a week." was all around my Facebook main page.

What did you vote for?

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 12:40:55 am »
Consider it popular in all ex-colonial countries of the UK that still have some ties to the queen as the Head of State. For example in Jamaica, it is viewed basically as like a father that went out to gamble his family's money and lost everything, so now the father's broke which means he can't help his offspring ----> UK's strength declines, less money to help our country

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 05:04:01 am »
Legit nobody gave a fuck around here.

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 06:11:00 am »
There's a difference between giving a fuck and covering it :P
It was very heavily covered here, front pages were full of it. I don't hear a single thing about it now, though.

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 07:36:18 am »
There's a difference between giving a fuck and covering it :P
It was very heavily covered here, front pages were full of it. I don't hear a single thing about it now, though.
Maybe in your area but there was no news about it here what so ever, nobody talked about it. Hell I didn't even knew UK departed until I saw this topic lol.

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 08:33:03 am »
good

--
here in Poland the medias kept saying how 'every Polish immigrant will be kicked out after leaving' and that you'll never be able to visit UK again before the vote
pro-remain propaganda
after the leave vote they pretty much said the same and kept saying that some petition for remain reached x votes
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 08:34:46 am by krystianoo »

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 12:50:23 pm »
It's just like some random rumor here. I don't think many people give a shit.

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 02:43:10 pm »
US media outlets pretty much had all-day coverage and people worrying about the economic effects for a solid day before dropping it.

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2016, 03:08:19 pm »
Was all over the news here.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2016, 02:51:48 pm »
It's all over the news and quite a few people seem concerned by it. Don't comment on it much with my peeps, but I hear a hell of a lot of people arguing about it in the restaurant I work in.

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

TheKing

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • THE KKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2016, 10:18:08 pm »
Over here, it was covered for a day. Idk in a way how can it affect in a direct way my country, but it was covered mainly to keep people informed that the UK was getting buttfucked for a shit decision. Most topic were about economy. I reasd that the stock market had a huge downfall that they've seen in years happen in a day.

ITS THE BIG DOG!

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 09:20:57 pm »
Hmm, interesting. I voted to remain a part of the EU of course.

Idk in a way how can it affect in a direct way my country

As you mentioned it directly affected stock markets across the world, wiping $2 trillion off the world economy in a matter of hours. It represents a big risk to the EU as an institution - there are fears that other countries will also think about leaving now, and it greatly reduces its economic and political power. At present the EU is the strongest political and economic union in the world, but once the UK leaves, that will no longer be the case. The knock-on effects will be felt globally as EU countries are one significant loci of trade in tertiary-level goods and services.

As an example directly related to Honduras, King: Germany is the third highest importer of Honduran exports. As the German economy is linked to the EU in ways more significant than perhaps any other country within the bloc, if it suffers as a result of Brexit (very likely) then there is a chance that demand for Honduran imports will decrease.
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

TheKing

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • THE KKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2016, 09:11:26 pm »
Hmm, interesting. I voted to remain a part of the EU of course.

Idk in a way how can it affect in a direct way my country

As you mentioned it directly affected stock markets across the world, wiping $2 trillion off the world economy in a matter of hours. It represents a big risk to the EU as an institution - there are fears that other countries will also think about leaving now, and it greatly reduces its economic and political power. At present the EU is the strongest political and economic union in the world, but once the UK leaves, that will no longer be the case. The knock-on effects will be felt globally as EU countries are one significant loci of trade in tertiary-level goods and services.

As an example directly related to Honduras, King: Germany is the third highest importer of Honduran exports. As the German economy is linked to the EU in ways more significant than perhaps any other country within the bloc, if it suffers as a result of Brexit (very likely) then there is a chance that demand for Honduran imports will decrease.

Thats true. This is going to be very discussed. And I thought the Honduran nation had corrupt and bad intentional leaders. Its sad!

ITS THE BIG DOG!