May 01, 2024, 01:11:19 am

Author Topic: I realize a rain of -1 is coming for posting this but..  (Read 1851 times)

Sephiroth

I realize a rain of -1 is coming for posting this but..
« on: February 12, 2012, 06:09:20 pm »
what the fuck is up with the users of this forum and randomly -1'ing people?

You're not cute, funny, or a successful troll.

Please have  a real fucking reason before deciding to ruin someone's karma. (No I'm not just talking about MY karma either..)
Please think twice before the next time you -1 someone.

The karma system is not supposed to be a tool for attacking others. It is a way to mention a slight disagreement with a post without completely disrupting a thread (much in the way +1ing is a way to cut down the clutter of "I agree!" posts), and to overall rank the member for their helpfulness - or lack thereof if they give out false information.

If no one can follow this simple request then you guys should implement a moderation system for the reputation system (since it seems ARS is never coming) and have someone check the recent karma submissions every once in awhile or look into it for a member (to see if you can find patterns like someone +1/-1ing someone every hour or every time they login)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:33:35 pm by Sephiroth »
Cannot rate own posts

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
Re: I realize a rain of -1 is coming for posting this but..
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 06:32:49 pm »
I agree completely. My reputation went from +15/-3 to +15/-14 because of some random person -1'ing me every day for a week.

Not only that, but we have post ratings for a reason -- reputation is an overall reflection on a person's standing, while post ratings are for agreements/disagreements over posts. -1'ing a person's reputation just because they posted a song you don't like is just idiocy on various levels.

<Sephiroth> Some people who come to the forums and see these terrible reps next to people's names lose a lot of initial faith and respect on others and that's unfair as hell.

You have my +1.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:35:04 pm by stormeus »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 06:37:44 pm »
agree with this to
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Metalord

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:45:36 pm »
Agree,

* Metalord waits for LaS3r

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 07:11:27 pm »
Yeah, I'm looking forward to when Thijn gets around to implementing that new post rating system.

Writer of excessively long posts

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 07:30:41 pm »
Yeah, it actually sucked. I have never been paying attention to this for a long time.

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 07:35:02 pm »
I agree, that sucks when someone is 1- you all the time for nothing, just making you get angry.

And stop Karma Padding  :D like:   Player A:Hello Player B can you set for me 1+ every hour and i'll do that for you.

Player B : ok bro, that will be fun.

meh  :D

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 07:54:59 pm »
Lets unleash reputation fuck fest because my reputation is still cool  8)
* aXXo clicks negative on the whole topic.

Lets unleash reputation fuck fest because a new system will be implemented and the current reputations are obsolete.
* aXXo clicks negative again.

:P

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:57 pm »
It's mostly Las3r that does all the - voting. He's piss angry. I would be too, if I had a reputation ratio as high as his.

Sephiroth

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 08:50:17 pm »
It's mostly Las3r that does all the - voting. He's piss angry. I would be too, if I had a reputation ratio as low as his.

since the left value is + and right karma is - it makes it a low ratio
Cannot rate own posts

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 09:24:40 am »
I still get that 1- -.-
Anyways i don't care, this system must not be implemented...

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2012, 02:07:20 pm »
I was being sarcastic there...

Sephiroth

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2012, 02:40:05 pm »
oh i get it
sorry
Cannot rate own posts

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2012, 02:56:31 pm »
I agree completely. My reputation went from +15/-3 to +15/-14 because of some random person -1'ing me every day for a week.
::)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

kyber7

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 09:08:27 pm »
It's mostly Las3r that does all the - voting. He's piss angry. I would be too, if I had a reputation ratio as high as his.

Hey wtf, don't state smth ever again at smo you aren't sure about, capiche? Yes, I do hate the -100 ratings that I've been given so far, that's why I hate it. I haven't rated anything much since this system was actually implemented. I suggest no ratings should be installed, not even post ratings. Expresing your opinion in a post with your own words is the best rating, if you ask me.
All of these "Dumb" ratings, "(+)'s, (-)'s" are such unballanced shits.
Wanna know smth else unballanced? This rating system is in the VU forum, where the population is 90% VUs. And you are all like.... if someone from VU says smth, everyone else agrees only with his opinion and not the outsider's opinion (example: in my previous VU apps). That way someone's personality can't be measured precisely.
If this was in, let say a server's forum where the population is more equal (VUs, DZs, ULKs, etc.) then a person's personality will probably be more accurate.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 09:21:18 pm by LaS3r »

"i meat Charley and he teaches me to be a strong fighter and thats no joke"

~ Summer, 2010
   "The Beginning"