login
May 04, 2024, 06:35:45 am

Author Topic: Application - LaS3r  (Read 13470 times)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Application - LaS3r
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2011, 07:41:31 am »
Well, soldiers sometimes get stripped from their rank, but once the court marshall's find out he's innocent, he gets reinstated back to his old rank. If the army can do it, so can we.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Veteran

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2011, 06:11:08 pm »
No, I'm not talking about the "armour thing", honestly I don't care about it. I'm talking about his personality I dislike. I see him as an annoying, cheap, and stupidly childish player that will most likely cause problems.
We just kicked out ShakeJunt for leaking posts from the Trainee/Rookie board. So would I trust Las3r and freely express my thoughts there? Definitely not. And that's just one of the things that would happen if Las3r gets accepted.

I agree with Charley, that people would move forward more productively if they closed their eyes for past, but like I said, I'm talking about the way I see him now.
Just reminding that I never thought it was a good idea to even give him that second chance. (So I don't feel like owing him anything.)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

My mother-in-law said to me at dinner last week that I overreact too much to criticism.
So I shot her.

Foxtrot

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2011, 10:43:13 pm »
Here's the way I see it.

Las3r joined VC:MP and acted like a dick. He got kicked from VU and as a result was ridiculed by the whole community on a daily basis. Some may say this was fair, some would say it was childish. Either way, that's what happened. Afterwards, he spent a lot of time building up rapport with the community (VU's in particular), trying to mend old wounds. He went from being a completely hated douchebag to being accepted back into the clan (albeit on loose strings).

He then got caught in XE with armour, which I'm now 90% sure he didn't give himself. People turned on him again, going back to how they were before and completely negating all the efforts that he had put in previously. This made him mad and he sought retribution; he started acting like a dick again, flaming everyone, trying to piss people off etc. etc.

Laser acting like a dick towards staff members in XE (and a few other members of the community) is a retaliation to them acting like a dick to him. They feel that he initiated it, which in their eyes justifies their acting like a dick to him. He believes that they unfairly wronged him, that they shouldn't have reacted to him being a dick in the first place and that they are now unfairly holding a grudge. His view is that they conspired against him in the whole armour episode and so he feels victimised, leading to him becoming defensive. What has occurred is a total break down in respect between the two parties.

If we were to truly wipe the slate clean, Laser forgiving everyone else for their shenanigans and everyone else forgiving Laser for his, then I feel we would have no problem in moving forward in a productive way. However, this is not practical as humans often struggle to look at things objectively and can't help but hold judgements from the past against things/people in the present.

So this puts us in a certain dilemma. The challenge I am having is judging the extent to which Laser wants to change, or fit in, and (of equal importance) how far the community is willing to let him change, or fit in.

I think I'd like to give Laser a chance as I feel guilty for the last chance he was given was stolen from him and I do think he's an intelligent guy. That doesn't mean I think he's flawless; indeed I certainly think at the moment he's too arrogant and reacts somewhat immaturely when challenged. However I think these traits are portrayed in an extended defensive nature. He has pride and therefore doesn't want to be made a fool of by others. This self-regard is commendable to an extent, but only if balanced by an appropriate measure of humility - something that I'm yet to see.

The other aspect undeniably worth considering is the effect his application would have on the clan, should it be accepted. Regardless of whether I think it's the right thing to do, if others don't then it could split us in certain ways; something that I want to avoid. This goes back to what I was saying about the problem of judging how far the community is willing to let him change/fit in. I am really stuck on this one, hence why it's taken me so long to reply. I need to think a bit more about it and I'd like to invite anyone who has anything to say about what I've mentioned above to comment.

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2011, 02:51:19 am »
The way I see it, its like a battlefield b/w two sides of VU on their acceptance / denial of their opinions on LaS3r.

In my opinion , the more this thread is left open to discuss, the more difficult it becomes to even decide anymore, because from both ways, whether he gets accepted or not, the effect will change.

I will admit and from what I've seen, LaS3r has changed positively throughout the last month or four weeks and has been on his best behavior not to jibe minds in different directions.

As of right now as this remains at stand-by, I would probably conclude a

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2011, 09:30:13 am »
The way I see it, its like a battlefield b/w two sides of VU on their acceptance / denial of their opinions on LaS3r.
Its not a battlefield...

Few questions for Las3r...
Why do you want to join VU, you sure this is the right clan for you?
As you clearly know that you are not appreciated here at all. Even if you proves yourself good enough for the clan and get accepted, how do you plan to make up with the differences you have with the members?

kyber7

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2011, 04:34:01 pm »
Why do you want to join VU, you sure this is the right clan for you?

I want to join VU because this is where my VC-MP life has started. Even if I was a douche, this clan changed the experience I had before. I want to be in VU because some of the old members here were my closest friends back in the old days. If it wasn't for VU I wouldn't be in VC-MP playing or posting in here or in other forums.
The other thing is that this clan attracks me most. Idk why, it just attracks me. I don't have this feeling againts other, more popular clans like ULK (no offends ULK dudes, lol).
Another thing is that the ppl in VU taught me a lot of things. For example - a lot of you taught me how to fight. Because of you ppl, now I'm one of the most skilled players around VC-MP. The other, very important thing that didn't just affected my VC-MP life, it affected my real life too, is that a member of your clan (Knucis) taught me how to speak English propertly. I'm not saying I'm 100% good at English, but I'm pretty good at it thanks to him. Thanks to him I have good marks in my highschool too.

As you clearly know that you are not appreciated here at all. Even if you proves yourself good enough for the clan and get accepted, how do you plan to make up with the differences you have with the members?

Well, to be honest, once I get accepted (I'm not begging to) into the clan, some of the members that hate me most actually become friendlly at me. The other thing is that since my first kick from VU, the time that has passed by, I learnt my lesson. The time I wasn't in VU after my first kick, a lot of changing had begin. For example - after I met Amenine, we planned on forming a new clan. After we created 7W, that event forced me to change possitivelly. After my second (unfair) kick, the time when I wasn't in XE (because of the unfair ban) I changed even more.
This explains how I'll behave in the future too. I will do my best in VU, climbing the ladder till I reach the full VU rank, which will be a great achievement for a guy who used to be an asshole in the past (me).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2011, 04:38:00 pm by LaS3r »

"i meat Charley and he teaches me to be a strong fighter and thats no joke"

~ Summer, 2010
  "The Beginning"

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2011, 06:37:23 pm »
attracks

lol attracts* :D

Good story though LaS3r.

Metalord

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2011, 08:04:25 pm »

now I'm one of the most skilled players around VC-MP

Sephiroth

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2011, 08:14:50 pm »

Cannot rate own posts

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2011, 08:25:37 pm »

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

stormeus

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2011, 08:41:56 pm »

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2011, 08:54:14 pm »
LOL Garry's Mod is the funniest game ever.

LaS3r, you probably won't be considered as ''the most skilled'' player playing VC:MP, but your skill and technique has improved enormously since the past months. :)

But that's probably not that important in this case.

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2011, 12:48:56 am »
Just remember to accept a mistake in something you've done once in a while. That's quite crucial; I've personally learnt my lesson.

kyber7

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2011, 03:12:48 pm »
I said ONE of the most skilled player, not the best. But lol at you ppl's pics  ;D

"i meat Charley and he teaches me to be a strong fighter and thats no joke"

~ Summer, 2010
  "The Beginning"

Lazee

• Vice Underdog Rookie (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
  • Mess with the Best, die like the Rest.
    • View Profile
    • "(^_^)"
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2011, 03:37:24 am »
(Knucis) taught me how to speak English propertly.