login
April 30, 2024, 11:39:51 pm

Author Topic: New Vice City Multiplayer splash (loading) screen  (Read 699 times)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
New Vice City Multiplayer splash (loading) screen
« on: March 29, 2020, 04:48:21 pm »
Greetings all!

Each day, I have been getting exponentially frustrated with the visuals used to welcome us to the multiplayer modification that we all love and cherish so much, so I decided to spice it up a bit with something new and refreshing I quickly put together.

It is my opinion, and I am sure the opinion of many others that the completely out-of-place Barney pedobear and the horribly modded Ferrari from the last splash screen must leave!

So for whoever cares about detail as much as I do, I present to you old and new!

- Old -

- New -

Notes:

• this is by no means an official replacement for the splash screen, but rather a 'from the players for the players' kind of thing
  • this is my first attempt at doing something like this
  • you will have to update the splash screen with every new release of VC-MP as per the instructions further down below
  • all native Vice City resolutions are included in the pack
  • the original splash screen was made on a widescreen (16:9, 1920x1080) resolution so at present time it will look much better for said widescreen solutions
  • the above is also the same reason the resolutions for the splash screen are limited to 1920x1080, as that is my current maximum resolution. if anyone has a larger resolution, let me know and I'll cook something up

How do I apply this splash screen?

• You access your local appdata folder, which is usually C:\(your username)\AppData\local\
  • You find the "Vice City Multiplayer" folder in there
  • You find the folder with the current VC-MP release in there (being 04rel006 at present time)
  • You find the "images" folder in there
  • You rename whatever splash screen picture you downloaded (as per your resolution) to "splash.png" and replace it with the existing "splash.png"

Splash screen pack (with resolutions for each written below the corresponding image):

https://imgur.com/a/3LJMakU

« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:54:30 pm by morphine »
Winner Winner x 5 Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sk

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • #VU
    • View Profile
Re: New Vice City Multiplayer splash (loading) screen
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 09:08:01 pm »
nice bro
I wish bart art was here to give us more good art
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

le pro
http://i.imgur.com/j6yise0.png

Krediit Kokcex

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 09:14:51 pm »
Nice work

Shafin

• A kid with computer skills.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 05:20:44 pm »
Wow nice splash screen but what about those who download vcmp new?? Will they get this splash screen too??

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 09:21:23 pm »
Wow nice splash screen but what about those who download vcmp new?? Will they get this splash screen too??

not yet

I am yet to contact the developers about it, as they are nowhere to be found

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 02:09:56 am »

not yet

Sad life of VC-MP. Developers always on the run.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 02:17:10 am »

not yet

Sad life of VC-MP. Developers always on the run.
Lack of interest bro.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Drakola

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Crazy Man
  • Do good have good.
    • View Profile

Credit: [VU]RoyStang

VU Rookie | VC:MP Player Since 2016