April 28, 2024, 04:56:07 pm

Author Topic: Questions  (Read 1937 times)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Questions
« on: March 27, 2020, 12:48:06 pm »
-If you have any questions regarding the upcoming event, please ask in this topic.
You may post in foreign languages.

Spanish
- Si tienes alguna pregunta, realizala aqui.

Urdu/Hindi
-Agar apko koi b pareshaani ya koi sawal hai iss event kay baray mai, ap idar post kar saktay hai.
Ap sawal Urdu mei b pooch sakte hai.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:22:18 pm by lederhos »
Funny Funny x 4 Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
Re: Questions
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 05:13:41 pm »
1. Have you removed the annoying jitter script that kicks players with a perfectly fine connection?

2. Will you disallow spawnkilling this time?
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 4 Informative Informative x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 06:03:08 pm »
1. Have you removed the annoying jitter script that kicks players with a perfectly fine connection?
The jitter script has been re-written. The method used in last VCDC season is being used.
During testing, my jitter ranged from 8 to 10. Jitter limit is 25.
If it still becomes an inconvenience during beta phases, it will be changed.

2. Will you disallow spawnkilling this time?
No. It is allowed.
The objective of the game mode is to kill the boss. If a boss retreats/camps in his spawn area, that forces the opposite team to invade the area. Such a situation will likely lead to spawn killing/camping.

However, there are some counter measures:
  • 20 random spawn points scattered across the spawn areas. You are unlikely to spawn at the same position again and it is not easy to predict a spawn.
  • If you are killed within your spawn area, your next spawn location will be outside the spawn area(towards the centre of the map). So, if a team is getting spawn camped, they will start spawning closer to the capturable bases, behind the aggressors
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Sezar

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 07:09:07 am »
Q.1 Will you guys gonna make sure that there will be balanced side unlike previously where blues got outnumbered by a noticeable amount?

Q.2 Is there any withdrawal penalty incase any player wants to withdraw all of a sudden?

Q.3 Will there be any benchmarking test about checking jitter, fps and ping? (not gonna lie, it helped players getting a fair gameplay)

I think, these questions might effect/affect many players registration  :-X

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 08:47:46 am »
Q.1 Will you guys gonna make sure that there will be balanced side unlike previously where blues got outnumbered by a noticeable amount?
No, we will never force a player to register for a certain team. We can request unofficially, but the final decision rests with the player/clan.
You have to understand that it is futile to try and micro-manage individual alliances, friendships, hatred within the community. With just 2 teams, it is impossible to evaluate so many inter-relationships.

However, there are some perks of being outnumbered:
  • Killing a boss gives 10 x NumberOfEnemyPlayers. So, the bigger team loses more points if their boss gets killed.
  • The cash distribution from bases is divided equally. So, players in the smaller team get a bigger share if they control bases.

Q.2 Is there any withdrawal penalty incase any player wants to withdraw all of a sudden?
Yes. The player misses out on VW9.

Q.3 Will there be any benchmarking test about checking jitter, fps and ping? (not gonna lie, it helped players getting a fair gameplay)
No. I think it is duplicate effort to have both the benchmark script and the auto-kick script. Had to choose between one of them. So, we chose the auto-kick script since it is absolutely necessary. On the bright side, the registration process is a lot easier now.
Late Late x 1 (list)

AzemMcgregor

• Kill Them With Success, And Bury Them With A Smile
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2020, 02:41:31 pm »
Q1. Will there be a frame testing server and resolution locks like the last VW8?
Q2. Will I be kicked randomly for having really good ping? (It happened alot in VW8)

Have a good day :)
Sincerely/ Azem

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 03:20:48 pm »
Q1. Will there be a frame testing server and resolution locks like the last VW8?

No.

Q2. Will I be kicked randomly for having really good ping? (It happened alot in VW8)

No. We are moving away from kicks for high ping, low FPS and high jitter and going for alternative approaches like freezing the player in place until he is capable of playing again.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 3 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Sezar

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 06:07:33 pm »
How can we change our respective individual / clan's diplomacy?

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2020, 04:48:57 pm »
How can we change our respective individual / clan's diplomacy?
There is no formal procedure. You just need to let the staff know through any channel and if feasible, you'll get a response.

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2020, 02:41:08 am »
Any limit on how many players can use decoy mode?

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2020, 06:03:14 am »
Any limit on how many players can use decoy mode?
No, but it's cost keeps increasing.
Cost = 1000 + (500 x Number of team-mates on decoy).

Same with /stealth

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2020, 12:17:23 am »
I currently play by Wi-Fi connection, and there's a huge packet lost and high jitter. In my house, there's another PC with Ethernet that I can use during the morning to avoid facing these problems, but for afternoon and night, I will have to use my own. Will there be any problem with using 2 PCs during the event? 

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2020, 04:55:38 am »
I currently play by Wi-Fi connection, and there's a huge packet lost and high jitter. In my house, there's another PC with Ethernet that I can use during the morning to avoid facing these problems, but for afternoon and night, I will have to use my own. Will there be any problem with using 2 PCs during the event? 
It is not recommended to use 2 PCs.
However, you should be fine in this particular scenario. I can't post the details in public, since this is a security thing.
Useful Useful x 1 (list)

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2020, 10:10:45 am »
event will be started on 9th May at 0 GMT?

Credits : KocKex

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2020, 10:45:30 am »
event will be started on 9th May at 0 GMT?
Yes