login
May 01, 2024, 02:17:09 pm

Author Topic: IT IS HAPPENING - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. edition  (Read 283 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
IT IS HAPPENING - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. edition
« on: December 17, 2020, 12:39:53 pm »
There probably isn't a lot of you here that are fans of the STALKER series

I fucking love that series. Besides VC:MP, it's pretty much my most-played game. There was a new mod called Call of the Zone released earlier this year which is definitely worth playing - it's almost like an entire sequel, combining the best elements of all three games in the series.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: IT IS HAPPENING - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. edition
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2020, 01:08:58 pm »

I fucking love that series. Besides VC:MP, it's pretty much my most-played game. There was a new mod called Call of the Zone released earlier this year which is definitely worth playing - it's almost like an entire sequel, combining the best elements of all three games in the series.

I'm a big fan as well, I own physical copies of all the official games, and am currently passing time on the Anomaly mod, but I've also played Call of Chernobyl. There's been talk of STALKER 2 allowing 2 player co-op, if you grab it when it comes out we can play together :D

About the game itself, I don't think there's a single title out there that can give you such a feeling of immersion, the level of both feeling pathetic at some points, and the level of empowerement that the game gives you when you navigate its many obstacles. And the AI is just a story of its own. The game basically makes it clear to you that life in the Zone would carry out as well without you, with every npc on the entire map getting his own tasks, doing his own thing and going his own way. What they did with the A-life system is as much ground breaking today as it was when the first game released in 2007

Lost to the zone.

edit: For anyone interested in this game, you can now pick up both Call of Chernobyl and Anomaly for free on moddb, they are now standalone titles  https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-anomaly
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 01:18:08 pm by ferrari32 »
Agree Agree x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2021, 05:41:56 pm »

BRO
BRO
BRO

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 08:28:40 am »

BRO
BRO
BRO

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

Fuck yeah!

1) Can't believe how much ammo he used at the beginning of that clip
2) I love how they've kept the guitar and PDA sound, and seemingly stuck to the format instead of trying to reinvent it
3) I'm gonna have to wait like 5 years before I have a PC good enough to play this

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 04:21:11 pm »
I hated STALKER series with my entire soul until I figured out why there was a fucking radiation killing me every time I spawned.

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 01:01:15 am »
Split from the Half Life topic.

I hated STALKER series with my entire soul until I figured out why there was a fucking radiation killing me every time I spawned.

Haha yeah, these games can be super frustrating, but that's also what makes them so satisfying when you figure out what's happening. They're like terrifying puzzles with barely any clues given to you. So good.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)