login
April 18, 2024, 11:23:00 pm

Author Topic: About VW7 and You  (Read 2342 times)

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: About VW7 and You
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2018, 04:38:44 am »
Why not make a list of legit asi files that server could actually 'somehow' detect and won't ban for it?
 I like the idea of being pain is ass for these little shits but this is becomming a little bit unhandy even for those who play clean.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

RajPut

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • خطائیں عمرِ رفتہ کی، سزائیں عمرِ حاضر کو
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2018, 04:43:15 am »
What about the hud??

Do I really need to play with GTA VC stock crosshair??
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Pakistan!
Zindabad!

Wanna share your opinion about me? https://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?topic=8850

Luckshya

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2018, 04:57:24 am »
What about the hud??

Do I really need to play with GTA VC stock crosshair??
That's an edit in generic.txd or hud.txd ( I don't remember ), so it should not affect anything unless you're using an asi mod for it or something.

Why not make a list of legit asi files that server could actually 'somehow' detect and won't ban for it?
 I like the idea of being pain is ass for these little shits but this is becomming a little bit unhandy even for those who play clean.
Asi files are already disabled to be loaded into VCMP and you probably use an ASI Loader to load them illegally.
So, what legal ASI files do you use and why they are to be used?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 05:04:18 am by Luckshya »

Credits to Pumak47

Trex

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • You will not win, cause I will not lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2018, 05:06:22 am »
He is talking about something like VCVE, it contains graphics fixes and improvement for the game.
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2018, 05:46:15 am »

To add to Luckshya's point and to answer more directly, legitimacy cannot be tested. The safer bet is to flag them all and ban them all. Yet another imposing system necessitated due to hackers

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2018, 07:33:22 pm »
Yes i was talking mostly about visual enhancements. Mostly but i'm not sure what else could it be.

So, what legal ASI files do you use and why they are to be used?
    Just aimlock I use none actually. But i tell you after playing the game for more than 10 years i think i could give it a try.
Not going to mention here all the people that use these mods and how many of them won't mind to switch back to vanilla.

The safer bet is to flag them all and ban them all. Yet another imposing system necessitated due to hackers
It's just the easiest way isn't it?

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2018, 08:01:07 pm »
What about 2dfx then?

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2018, 11:05:55 pm »
The safer bet is to flag them all and ban them all. Yet another imposing system necessitated due to hackers
It's just the easiest way isn't it?

It is the easiest way but it's not so much about that, more so the nature of the detection. Think of it as a riddle, the answer is often so simple yet so far from our thoughts. The detection method is of a similar nature.

In secrecy and public ignorance, the white listing would've been fine but if the public can "solve the riddle", it is absolutely nothing to get pass, and that is a huge problem, hence the safest method is to ban every single one of them.

What about 2dfx then?

If no ASI, then you should be fine but if ASI and you choose to decline removal (as the case with Brian) then consider yourself banned from the event.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2018, 11:08:54 pm by GangstaRas »