login
April 27, 2024, 05:52:32 am

Author Topic: What is your first memory of GTA:VC / VC:MP?  (Read 2046 times)

koray

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: What is your first memory of GTA:VC / VC:MP?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2021, 09:09:51 pm »
Nice topic  ;)

I have mentioned about this before in MK forums in my history post . Here I revised it a little bit.

My name is Koray and Im 24 years old. I started playing VC-MP at 2008. My interest towards this game was adding up and GTA VC was actually the only game that I could play on my PC in our electricity shop  around those days and I found out that there is a multiplayer mod. So thats how I started. The first server that I joined was Littlewhiteys and I picked Sharks skin as far as I remember  :'(

My first mentor was ULK.Sudarshan. He taught me some basics of the game and server rules in general. After he thought that I was somewhat ready, he referred me to join VK clan via his friend =VK=vssr. And vssr really spent so much time teaching me advanced tricks of the game like sliding and fast switching etc.

It was after a few months later(around 2010), I started being involved in dramas. VK was really growing to be the best clan in XE server. Then ULK dropped their hammers on us to ruin us all by everything they could. They accused most of us with "FPS Adjusting" while it was not true. I couldnt speak english back then like I do now and we couldnt explain ourselves. Even though vssr did his best to explain, they didnt remove our bans but shortened the time of bans. Thats how VK was ended and how I was labeled as "FPS Adjuster".

So I kept moving on. I was literally learning too fast. At 2011, I joined DZ clan with my friend Spider. Again, some people were doing their best tarnishing my rep and I was once again and lastly banned in XE by UJIbu4 falsely accusing of HP hacks. But it was sorted and I got unbanned.

For the reasons that I dont remember, almost everybody in DZ joined to MK clan in 2012.

Again, with controversies and such things, I have been the champion of VCDC(Vice City Duel Championship) in 2012. Proving everybody on that final match I was just better than them and nobody could really accuse me publicly since then. But also as I planned, I left VCMP and didnt play the game actively. Still, sometimes I joined some clan wars and be active on the forums. And to this day since 2013, I rarely play VCMP.

I trained some players like Kelvin(ma brodda), Honor(my friend) and my other friend Zeus to make an addition to the game and clan with all of my knowledge.

What I do currently? I have completed the University with Bachelor's Degree.I was studying Computer & Web Programming. Now Im working in a technology consultancy company specialized in SAP(Basis) and ORACLE(DBA) technologies. My task is System Administration and Helpdesk. I'm more interested in stunting in VC rather than DM nowadays.
Disagree Disagree x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 1 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2021, 04:35:21 am »
Koray, remember when you got banned because people thought you were tlk honor?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

koray

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2021, 06:09:12 pm »
Koray, remember when you got banned because people thought you were tlk honor?

Yes, I remember. It was really bad.  There are a lot of these memories but this is a nice topic and I didnt want to ruin it by mentioning about them. I dont even hold any grudges. It's almost a decade now  :o

Inferno69

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • 👀
    • View Profile
    • VFS
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2021, 08:26:45 pm »
Getting banned in 3 servers ( Argonath RPG : Ammo hacks , XE European Server : Map Mods, LittleWhiteys : Speed Hacks ) on my first day in VC:MP in 2012. Then posting ban appeals and those getting denied due to my un-understandable english. After unbans, playing with old friends of PRO clan and using XE forums for shitposting  :-X
2012 trainer was lit ngl
Funny Funny x 3 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

MD619

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VU4LiFe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2021, 10:36:02 pm »
First memory of vice city is shooting on streets ♥️
First memory of vcmp is getting banned for using mini-gun hack in r2 VCCnR DM server.
My cousin told me it’s okay to use 2012 trainer in multiplayer just like it’s totally fine to use in single player mode and I trusted him and used and then REST IS HISTORY.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 07:15:19 pm by MD619 »
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Roystang's art

SpitFire

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2021, 03:42:52 pm »
GTA VC:
My friends showed me GTA series and i was impressed. So i bought an antology - a disk with cracked GTAs(was a popular method of getting games backthen) and first launched it. I liked GTA VC over GTA 3 and GTA Sa for some reason, maybe due to atmosphere, so me and my friends were playing it together, mostly we were fighting against cops.

VCMP:
I found a multiplayer for my favourite game in 2012 on some Russian GTA website, installed it and launched, i was so excited to play with other players. After sometime i decided to modify my GTA VC for more "comfortable" gameplay. I already had some Moo Mapper(GTA Map Editor) skills, so i created some stairs to the rooftops, downloaded collision fixes, and "Run & Fire" animations mod to be able to shoot while running, and didn't realized that all that stuff is actually a bad thing, i.e. i didn't even knew meanings of words "cheater" and "ban"/"banned". But the fun thing, i had a dynamic IP, so i've been ban evading easily and ofcs i didn't releazed it as well.
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Ülker

• Vice Underdog Trainee
  • Fanatic
  • Viva la VU! ❤️
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2021, 07:49:27 pm »
I've gone into an excessive amount of detail here, pretty much explaining the full story of my beginnings in both Vice City and VC:MP. I'm sure that this wall of text is far too large of a read for most people, so I don't mind if y'all just completely ignore it and continue scrolling lmao.

Vice City:
I first came across the game when I was 6 years old, which would've been in 2005. My family had just moved from Turkey to Britain and since I couldn't speak a word of English just yet, they decided to buy me my first console so that I had something to pass my free time with. While my Dad was paying for the PS2, my Mum told me to pick out my first few games, of which were FIFA 2003, Simpsons Hit 'n' Run, and of course, Vice City.

My earliest recollections of the game are a bit faint due to how long ago it was, but I remember the banging tunes on Wave 103, Flash FM, V Rock and Emotion 98.3 which are all still my favourite radio stations to this day, loving my Cubano hermanos and hating those pesky Haitians, how difficult the Demolition Man mission was, (but looking back at it now, I have no idea how anyone struggles with this lmao,) and having my jaw on the floor after unlocking the Film Studio and watching it's first cutscene. :laugh:

VC:MP:
I first discovered the multiplayer mod in 2018. Me and a friend had just tried out SA:MP, but after loathing it, I had the lightbulb moment in my head to find the substitute for my beloved childhood game.

My earliest memories of the multiplayer mod are far more vivid since I'm still a relatively new member of this community. The first server I joined was LW, but would regularly RQ shortly after getting rekt from not knowing how to DM, but also because of the 30 FPS cancer lmao.

In the search for an alternative gamemode on the launcher, I came across VCCnR, from where I first met [DK]Vatan. He helped me learn the fundamentals of the server, introduced me to RTV, (which has always been special to me because it's the server that initially got me interested in DM, especially due to it's objective based gamemode as opposed to what I like to call, "braindead DMing",) and invited me in what is technically my first clan, Donkey Kong Dark Killers. Due to not understanding at the time how clans function, I "joined" by simply changing my nickname to "[DK]Ulker" without making any stat transfer requests nor going through an application process beforehand. Not only did I forgot to mention this in my application to VU, but moreover I honestly didn't even recall being a member of this clan until [F2]Nassim reminded me earlier this year.

Shortly afterwards, I would become more involved in VCCnR and hence less active in RTV, with my Turkish friend doing the opposite. During this period was when my VCCnR "beginners leniency" began. I got banned multiple times for death evades, (mostly caused by =SpitFire='s Godly arresting speeds,) scammed SqmmySqm out of a shitty Sanchez, (foolishly thinking that it was worth jepordising our friendship,) and worst of all, genuinely feared and thought of Jokah as this scary Admin. I would eventually grow out of this phase after meeting iNs.Deadshot and iNs.Duke, ([DU]Ronnie,) both of whom greatly helped me learn the sensible behaviour and mature attitude that is required of any member of a respectable clan, and eventually welcomed me to what I still consider as my first clan, iNsomniacs. This is where I would also come to meet Nyon and Traxy for the first time, who's advancing in their DM skills and moving on to VU would become my main motivation to do the same in the future. Then rest is history. ^-^

It's funny thinking back at it now, if I had come across Argonath RPG instead of VCCnR on the randomly assorting masterlist all that time ago, I would've entered the world of VC:MP through a completely alternate path. To this day, I genuinely believe that I would've ended up initially befriending [EAF]Klaus and [EAF]Silent, (due to our common nationality, just like how I did with [DK]Vatan) and probably began my VC:MP journey as a member of our oldest rivals instead, EAF.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 10:54:17 am by Ülker »
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 3 Informative Informative x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Vice Underdog | VCCnR Manager (Former) | VCAD Moderator (Former) | RTV Administrator | KotH Administrator
(Designed by [VU]Punkie)

FuckTinG

• Banned
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2021, 09:09:53 pm »
I RAPED XE PLAYERS SO HARD WITH 2012 TRAINER THAT THEY WENT TO LEGEND LOC AND CRIED IN CHAT

I USED TO HIDE HUNTER IN XE AND USE IT TO KILL PLAYERS....
I WAS SO BITCH LOL
Funny Funny x 2 (list)

Nassim^

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2021, 01:00:03 am »
I've gone into an excessive amount of detail here, pretty much explaining the full story of my beginnings in both Vice City and VC:MP. I'm sure that this wall of text is far too large of a read for most people, so I don't mind if y'all just completely ignore it and continue scrolling lmao.

Vice City:
I first came across the game when I was 6 years old, which would've been in 2005. My family had just moved from Turkey to Britain and since I couldn't speak a word of English just yet, they decided to buy me my first console so that I had something to pass my free time with. While my Dad was paying for the PS2, my Mum told me to pick out my first few games, of which were FIFA 2003, Simpsons Hit 'n' Run, and of course, Vice City.

My earliest recollections of the game are a bit faint due to how long ago it was, but I remember the banging tunes on Wave 103, Flash FM, V Rock and Emotion 98.3 which are all still my favourite radio stations to this day, loving my Cubano hermanos and hating those pesky Haitians, how difficult the Demolition Man mission was, (but looking back at it now, I have no idea how anyone struggles with this lmao,) and having my jaw on the floor after unlocking the Film Studio and watching it's first cutscene. :laugh:

VC:MP:
I first discovered the multiplayer mod in 2018. Me and a friend had just tried out SA:MP, but after loathing it, I had the lightbulb moment in my head to find the substitute for my beloved childhood game.

My earliest memories of the multiplayer mod are far more vivid since I'm still a relatively new member of this community. The first server I joined was LW, but would regularly RQ shortly after getting rekt from not knowing how to DM, but also because of the 30 FPS cancer lmao.

In the search for an alternative gamemode on the launcher, I came across VCCnR, from where I first met [DK]Vatan. He helped me learn the fundamentals of the server, introduced me to RTV, (which has always been special to me because it's the server that initially got me interested in DM, especially due to it's objective based gamemode as opposed to what I like to call, "braindead DMing",) and invited me in what is technically my first clan, Donkey Kong Dark Killers. Due to not understanding at the time how clans function, I "joined" by simply changing my nickname to "[DK]Ulker" without making any stat transfer requests nor going through an application process beforehand. Not only did I forgot to mention this in my application to VU, but moreover I honestly didn't even recall being a member of this clan until [F2]Nassim reminded me earlier this year.

Shortly afterwards, I would become more involved in VCCnR and hence less active in RTV, with my Turkish friend doing the opposite. During this period was when my VCCnR "beginners leniency" began. I got banned multiple times for death evades, (mostly caused by =SpitFire='s Godly arresting speeds,) scammed SqmmySqm out of a shitty Sanchez, (foolishly thinking that it was worth jepordising our friendship,) and worst of all, genuinely feared and thought of Jokah as this scary Admin. I would eventually grow out of this phase after meeting iNs.Deadshot and iNs.Duke, ([DU]Ronnie,) both of whom greatly helped me learn the sensible behaviour and mature attitude that is required of any member of a respectable clan, and eventually welcomed me to what I still consider as my first clan, iNsomniacs. This is where I would also come to meet Nyon and Traxy for the first time, who's advancing in their DM skills and moving on to VU would become my main motivation to do the same in the future. Then rest is history. ^-^

It's funny thinking back at it now, if I had come across Argonath RPG instead of VCCnR on the randomly assorting masterlist all that time ago, I would've entered the world of VC:MP through a completely alternate path. To this day, I genuinely believe that I would've ended up initially befriending [EAF]Klaus and [EAF]Silent, (due to our common nationality, just like how I did with [DK]Vatan) and probably began my VC:MP journey as a member of our oldest rivals instead, EAF.
thank me later bro
<3
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

habla

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2022, 05:56:32 am »
The year was 2002 , my eyes was bleeding, but I needed to kill one more of vcpd's finest, just one more..

As for vcmp, don't remember, being around legends without knowing, or driving cola around in his taxi.
Funny Funny x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

son_of_habla VCMP sucks
habla ey, that's how I met your mother

TheKing

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • THE KKO OUTTA NOWHERE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2022, 06:25:22 am »
Not knowing I couldnt have spaces in between my name, so stuck with "lil" for quite some time... lol

ITS THE BIG DOG!

CoLa_z0r

• Crazy Man
  • Agape z0r
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2022, 08:27:12 am »
It would be a lie if I correctly remember what I did for the first time when I downloaded the VC:MP client (After all, I first started it sometime in December 2007). But as I try to recall my very earliest days of VC:MP, images of...
  • spawning as the military skin with my brother Windlord in LW,
  • downtown brawls that involved the bikers, the cops, the lime girls, the roofers (basically noori), orange sharks from prawn isle, yellow and blue m4 crew from police station and vercetti mansion respectively,
  • getting flamed for my lag as I got better (since I played from Singapore, my ping was a constant 380, spiking casually above 400),
  • playing against or alongside reputed members of the big clans back then such as KFJ (Anya was a great human being, Shanto and Bautista were a duo of asses, understandably though as I lagged hard and I probably appeared a bit childish from their perspectives, Hanney was the ultimate challenge to beat), UST (9_man and Uncle_Sam were okay but also sensitive to laggy players, whereas I became good friends with antY_Army and especially CokeNL, with whom I used to spawn as the red spaz girl at the docks, who was such a great lad, a typical Dutch like Thijn I guess :D) , and DnA (though if my memory is correct, DnA was more of an IRC and management clan, they became more active from 2011 onwards, please correct me if I'm wrong)
  • getting banned in LW for several months in 2008 for a reason I no longer remember and yet starting and recruiting via the IRC echo and relying on my biggest partner in crime Darfy for DU to make it a great clan until 2010,
  • befriending or becoming acquainted with many decent human beings of good character who eventually became leaders of reputed clans or took important positions in the community, each with their own unique identity and philosophies (Charleyutton, the biggest AsS (do new VUs know that Charley was severely anti-stubby and spaz? :D ofc, it was more of a rebellion against the fixation on such weapons, not necessarily the weapons themselves), Wildrose aka Ashay (once a controversial subject of whether Wildrose is a he or a she, has created a lasting legacy with MK which used to be a symbol of lagging Indians, though it does not seem to be the case anymore), Strike & Killer (leaders of DS (Death Strike?, not sure), Indian brothers with great personality and kindness that is rare in the community, I hardly heard them swear or be biasedly critical of someone, even as a joking manner), Death_Man/Fanan aka Tazz (who I think created BOJ (which I was a part of for a very brief time) then later DZ? Someone help me out lol. They represented the portuguese power in VC:MP), UB Kino and TheKing for their immense DM capabilities, and many others that fade away as time goes by...
  • the influx of ULK and how VC:MP took a turn in terms of clan rivalries and fighting styles. While there are pros and cons for this, my general take is that the toxicity of the community took another step with this change.
  • the introduction of 0.3zr2 and the public beta test, the chaos and the excitement it brought, me using the rocket glitching by quickly changing from first person aim to crouch so that it basically explodes right in front of me without harming myself which got banned even in XE
  • fun meme players like jc18 who enjoyed riding the Mr. Whoopee truck. Very unlike the memes of recent that involve hate and racism often including jah.
  • different servers (XE with its madness due to more freedom in gameplay, LW with its controlled gameplay, SvM (Sharks vs. Marios) that showcased the fun and intensity you can have by DM-ing in a confined region between two rival skins, Miami-Dade Racing Server (the only proper and functional racing server I've enjoyed, sadly did not transfer over to 0.4 I see), DU a/d server (the first, or the firsts, of its kind) that maintained a high level of activity that the a/d server today does, and so on...(Argonath should be mentioned, but only because it is the only role-playing server to have stayed alive for a long time, and unfortunately I do not really roleplay)
  • and of course, the incalculable amount of time I've spent on IRC, having fun with basic channel IRC scripts, communicating with players through the echo channel, creating my #z0r channel, and joining my friends and other various channels of the community.
...pop into my mind.

So many names, yet so few my brain can remember. It is with both happiness and melancholy that I post this. I know I may have deviated from the original intention of the topic, but these are my "first memor(ies)" of vc:mp. Legacies only remain when repeated and recorded.

z0r
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 08:34:55 am by CoLa_z0r »
Winner Winner x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

>VC:MP Since 2007.
>Founder & Leader of DU (2008~).
>Highest Spree: 90 (@LW) | Highest Score: 1100 Kills (@SvM), 341 Kills (@LW).

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2022, 04:58:24 am »
Oh Cola, man, your memory is awesome. So many familiar names and stories! Making me feel nostalgic.

KFJ (Anya was a great human being, Shanto and Bautista were a duo of asses, understandably though as I lagged hard and I probably appeared a bit childish from their perspectives, Hanney was the ultimate challenge to beat)

No truer sentence has ever been written. A duo of asses indeed.

(Charleyutton, the biggest AsS (do new VUs know that Charley was severely anti-stubby and spaz? :D ofc, it was more of a rebellion against the fixation on such weapons, not necessarily the weapons themselves)

Haha small correction, it was ArS - anti-roofing, anti-spazzing. I was and always will be a stubby fanboy. Before c-glitching became common, the spaz was pretty overpowered in 0.3z, but like you said, it was more just a middle finger up to the guys who would spawn blue or pink and ride up into downtown. I think you were the first person to show me the c-glitch, actually, and we were among the first people to use it frequently. Then ULK.HeAD and I spent like a month testing how it reacted with different shot times, ghost shots, macros and jumps, while investigating the GaLL shot.

fun meme players like jc18 who enjoyed riding the Mr. Whoopee truck.

Yes! And who everyone was excited to greet on mIRC, every day.

Writer of excessively long posts

MaDKilleR

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Hi.
    • View Profile
    • MaDKiLLeR's Site
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2022, 05:47:02 am »
Joined XE, got absolutely rekt in the server by the hands of other players, and immediately rage quit :D If my memory serves me well, this was in 2010.

- [VU]MaDKiLLeR