Vice City Cops & Robbers
28 (44.4%)
Brasil Real RPG
5 (7.9%)
American Roleplay
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: February 15, 2020, 01:29:37 am

Author Topic: Category - Best Roleplay Server  (Read 2837 times)

mairee

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Category - Best Roleplay Server
« on: January 31, 2020, 07:44:34 pm »
Server of the Year - Best Roleplay Server

Nominees:
  • Argonath RPG
  • Daydream RP
  • Vice City Cops & Robbers
  • Brasil Real RPG
  • American Roleplay
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:57:39 pm by Xmair »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Hazard

• Crazy Man
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
Re: Category - Best Roleplay Server
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:16:53 am »
If DDRP was ever moderated again it had to be more cooler than any server but because of the laziness given by Skirmant it has become dead now.

I would vote Argonath RPG for this because almost everything there is similar to real life cases so you feel more realistic there.
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 11:19:02 am »
Argonath

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 08:07:44 pm »
Unfortunately there is only one server coming close to an RPG gamemode, which is Argonath.
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

Saim

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Crazy Man
  • Life is Torment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 03:38:41 am »
Vice City Cops & Robbers

"All hope is gone"

Credits to me

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 09:31:27 am »
As an evil admin I can see the results of the poll, and I can confirm this: it is a very tight race at the moment.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 09:58:40 am »
I don't see how vccnr can be considered a role-playing server, since no one roleplays at all
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 10:29:20 am »
I don't see how vccnr can be considered a role-playing server, since no one roleplays at all

well technically there is a choice of roles to play with.. just not in the traditional mechanic rpg server sense that we are accustomed to. it's all automated.

Halchter

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 01:33:59 pm »

well technically there is a choice of roles to play with.. just not in the traditional mechanic rpg server sense that we are accustomed to. it's all automated.
From my experience in SA-MP, people usually name their servers/gamemode either RPG or Roleplay depending on whether the server is strict or not on roleplay. RPG being the lighter, usually a server with jobs and races/classes etc. and most things are automated by the script and you don't really need to rp there. In roleplay however you  create your own character with a background story, rules are stricter and you need to create an actual rp scenes.

If character development was to be expressed in both to me it would be like:

RPG - you add points to a skill, level up etc.

Roleplay - you add a chapter to your character's background story.

and ofc Roleplay contains elements from RPG and vice versa.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 01:44:40 pm by Halchter »

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 02:03:29 pm »
Unfortunately there is only one server coming close to an RPG gamemode, which is Argonath.

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

mairee

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 02:56:37 pm »
As an evil admin I can see the results of the poll, and I can confirm this: it is a very tight race at the moment.
Guess I'm not the only one who's checking the results from time to time. :P

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 04:52:25 pm »

From my experience in SA-MP, people usually name their servers/gamemode either RPG or Roleplay depending on whether the server is strict or not on roleplay. RPG being the lighter, usually a server with jobs and races/classes etc. and most things are automated by the script and you don't really need to rp there. In roleplay however you  create your own character with a background story, rules are stricter and you need to create an actual rp scenes.

If character development was to be expressed in both to me it would be like:

RPG - you add points to a skill, level up etc.

Roleplay - you add a chapter to your character's background story.

and ofc Roleplay contains elements from RPG and vice versa.

I can't say I agree specifically with the definition you've provided but I do understand the idea you're getting across

my focus wasn't on gamemode names anyway :P all I was trying to say is that there is (in my opinion) a solid technical basis behind putting CNR in such a list

Halchter

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 06:28:59 pm »
my focus wasn't on gamemode names anyway :P
Yeah, I know. Just wanted to mention it since vcnnr to me would fall under the RPG category.

Actually both terms seem to mean the same, it's just that people seem to use RPG to refer to one thing and Roleplay to another. I guess RPG games are good example for that since you create a character, you level that character and you add points to a skill tree but there are no rp scenes or anything since it's not the purpose of the game unless there is something dedicated to role-playing.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2020, 06:34:00 pm »
I am no RPG player anymore but I am going with Argo because I got to know some best people there and learnt many things.  :thumbsup:

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 07:33:02 pm »
I am no RPG player anymore but I am going with Argo because I got to know some best people there and learnt many things.  :thumbsup:

But you always play rpg  ::)
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 3 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember