login
March 28, 2024, 11:39:59 am

Author Topic: How it all started & The size of the Universe  (Read 2238 times)

Deso

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
How it all started & The size of the Universe
« on: March 06, 2012, 07:37:53 pm »
The Universe started when the Big Bang event happened. The Big Bang is an event, where while there was nothing in the dimension, (not a single star, planet, particle, anything!) a sudden giant explosion erupted. For one second, the explosion reached the size of planet Earth, for 2 seconds it reached the size of planet Jupiter, and so on. At the beginning of this explosion, only the basic chemical elements existed - Hydrogen an I forgot the other one (lol). By time, due to these two element more elements were form. From them - other were form. Eventually some of these elements colided together, forming particles! These particles, by time hit each other, growing bigger and bigger. Eventually the first star was created, then the first planet, etc. By the laws of physics, each object has its gravity. Bigger objects in Space draw in smaller ones. This process, however, is slow as shit. It took a lot of years until galaxies and other things like that were formed.

The Universe is infinite. It constantly expands. I can give you an example of how it expands:
Take a handful of marbles. Take a disk with a hole in the centre. Drop the marbles on the disk. You'll see how the marbles drop, and then they keep rolling in different directions, away from the point they were dropped from. The dropped marbles slow down as they keep rolling and evantually - stop. But the new marbles that are being dropped push the old ones futher away from the centre and this cycle repeats itself.
It is the same with the Universe but in a different way.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:41:02 pm by LaS3r »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Inferno

• Crazy Man
  • Frontline-battles! :D
    • View Profile
Re: How it all started & The size of the Universe
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »
So,my first question to the big bang,as you said there was a sudden giant explosion.Most scientists say that big bang occured from a small particle when it blasted its ass.But,what the fuck gone wrong with it that it exploded? as much as i know,there needs to be a fucking explosive chemical reaction,or any explosive material.There is nothing mentioned that wtf happened with that shitty particle.So,i don't really know if big bang even happened or fucking not.Well....you'r example is up to the mark,but i don't really wanna go out and buy a packet of marbles ;P
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 09:08:23 pm »
LaS3r, you are saying that the universe is infinite, I respect that opinion. But in order for something to be actually infinite, it must not expand or retract. Tell me, if the universe started small, what was outside it? Nothing? Yeah, maybe that's what infinite, not the universe.
The universe keeps expanding into that "nothingness" or whatever it is, therefore it's not infinite. It's just fucking gigantic-a-lord big.
HOWEVER, the universe itself can have it's own shape. Like a sphere. If that's so, then IT CAN be infinite. For example, if you keep walking on earth, going around the world. Would you reach an end? I mean, would you reach a place where you couldn't go to? No, because it's curved. You will always keep on going, repeating your path. Maybe that's how the universe really is.
Oh and LaS3r, you can't say that "For one second, the explosion reached the size of planet Earth, for 2 seconds it reached the size of planet Jupiter, and so on.". Since Universe itself created time. In fact time has been slowing down ever since. So I would say 1*10^-32 seconds for it to start expanding. Expanding HARD. Also, it took 150 million to 1 billion years for the first start to form! If the first start forms, planets form too. Since planets are rests created by star's nebulae.

Geez I really should stop typing :D

Deso

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:06:39 pm »
Yeah Knucis, but as you said the Universe constantly expands into the nothingness. And it constantly expands HARD into the none which means it is infinite, I mean the expanding is somewhere like the speed of light. So if someone tries to find the end of the Universe, he'll never reach the end because the Universe constantly expands with the speed of light or smth.

Oh and about the particle thingy Inferno mentioned about:
Our Universe isn't the only one. Our Universe + infinite more are placed in the dimension! Yes, our Universe stands on our dimension. Other Universes stand on the dimension too. The dimension we know is 4D, which mean is somewhat a 3D cube with active things going on in it. OUR dimension is standing near another dimension where things can be a whole lot different from the things in our dimension, like the laws of physics. Get it?
Anyways, let's get back to the particle thingy. My theory is that maybe a particle containing stuff to cause a massive explosion seperated from another Universe, landed somewhere in our dimension and that particle set of as "a timed bomb". That is my theory, though.

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 06:37:25 pm »
Yeah Knucis, but as you said the Universe constantly expands into the nothingness. And it constantly expands HARD into the none which means it is infinite, I mean the expanding is somewhere like the speed of light. So if someone tries to find the end of the Universe, he'll never reach the end because the Universe constantly expands with the speed of light or smth.
Therefore it's not infinite ;)

And no, it's not expanding at the speed of light. It's actually expanding alot faster due to dark energy. The nothingness  IS just plain NOTHINGNESS, which means it's made of nothing, ZERO. How can ZERO be infinite?
The Universe is not infinite, it's just really, really big.
If we ever go faster than light (which is impossible because it would break up the relativity theory) we could get outside the Universe. Its "border" I mean. That way we could prove it's not infinite. Although we would cease to exist!

Our Universe isn't the only one. Our Universe + infinite more are placed in the dimension! Yes, our Universe stands on our dimension. Other Universes stand on the dimension too.

That's a theory. Called Multiverse theory. There can be a sea of unlimitated universes with their own laws of physics or they can be simply equal to this one. Like a parallel universe. If this is true we could exist in more than 1 universes!

The dimension we know is 4D, which mean is somewhat a 3D cube with active things going on in it. OUR dimension is standing near another dimension where things can be a whole lot different from the things in our dimension, like the laws of physics. Get it?

Actually we are in a 3D spatial dimension with 1 temporal dimension :P
In this world (w/e) you can only see: back, forward, up, down, left, right. That's what we call a spatial dimention. It's made up of 3 axis. (X, Y, Z).
Temporal dimension we just know 1! Like, time only goes "forward".
Although, through the multiverse theory, there could be other univeses with their own dimensions.

Lets imagine (we cant :P) a 4 spatial dimension universe with 2 temporal dimensions.
A hypercube shadow (a cube with 4 dimensions) would be something like this:

That's only a shadow on the 4D dimension. Because we cant really see a 4D object.
For example, our shadows are in 2d right? Not 3D. The same happens in 4D. Their shadows are 3D.

And fuck, a 2 temporal dimension universe. How the fuck would we imagine time going forward and up at the same time? This seriously mindfucks the shit out of me :P
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:45:44 pm by Knucis »

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 07:10:07 pm »
Time can go up? Hmm, interesting.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:11:41 pm by Morphine »

Inferno

• Crazy Man
  • Frontline-battles! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 07:31:02 pm »
A time bomb? thats what we all know,but we are curious,how the bomb was triggered?

Deso

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 07:42:38 pm »
A time bomb? thats what we all know,but we are curious,how the bomb was triggered?

That mindfucks me too.

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 09:12:44 pm »

That mindfucks me too.
God

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Shadow

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 03:39:59 pm »
I know the following words may lead into a shitstorm of argues, - 1s and lot of disgrace from atheists / other religion people, but this is how I get it.

You all call in particles created the universe, right ?
But, how was that particle created ?
God let us alive, God made the universe, God sacrificed for us and it's all proven in The Bible..

You may claim that God doesn't exist, but this is the single relative explanation, and if you try to find out who made God or how it appeared, just try and believe, and you may find a lot of answers to your questions..
Cannot rate own posts