login
April 27, 2024, 07:50:11 am

Author Topic: Idea to save VC:MP  (Read 6671 times)

lol55

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Idea to save VC:MP
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2020, 09:50:33 am »
The idea of ranking system will just kill the mod instead of making it active but what klaus said makes sense if you guys just want to promote the mod why not contribute to vcmp forum by making interesting topics and some promotional videos and possibly designing a new theme for vcmp forum which attract people attention.

These things can be done without ranks aswell if you guys really want to promote and am sure stromeus wont refuse changing theme or making a few changes which can help to promote the mod.
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sean

• Fanatic
  • [EAF]Sean
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2020, 07:34:44 pm »
The day this topic was created, I decided to make some youtube videos on A/D gamemode. So I went on and made a few fail videos and even though I had a very small audience, I can say I feel a bit proud since those videos attracted 3 completely random guys who had no idea what VCMP was. I don't know how they came across my videos, but they were so keen on knowing how to set VCMP up and asked me various stuff about VCMP (as you can see in comments). Note, the audience was pretty small. I only have like 200 views on my videos and it attracted 3 guys. Imagine what would happen if we all could hop in and spread the word.

Being a digital marketing intern, I can say we can use the same strategy in VCMP. The basic thing they teach us is in digital marketing is, knowing the target audience. There are many ways we can look for a specific target audience, such as, forums, Facebook groups (GTA, Vice City, Rockstar Games), quora, reddit and so on. We just have to link them to VCMP Forums, that is, after the devs decide to make forums more of newbie friendly and more I don't know like, magnetic? Making newcomers want more. They need a reason to stay. This way I can confidently say, we'll definitely get at least 300-400 more unique visitors per year. And to be honest, you can just ask them to join your own server. Just like I advertised Evolution A/D in my video, because I am active there most of the time and I can make any newcomer fall in love with that game mode if they ever join. This way we won't have to depend on developers.

Every single person here has the capability to bring the change. Even if you're not a content creator, you can always help the already existing ones. VCMP gaining new players will be advantageous to everyone, so yeah, why not?

Apart from that the thing that'll help the most is,

The website needs work. There's some information about the client, and it's features, but that's it. The person looking at the VC:MP website for the very first time has no idea about the community, the servers, the events, etc. There should be some kind of regularly updated bulletin board of all the latest VC:MP news. There should be a gallery updated by server owners (at very least the official servers) with the best 'real' screenshots showcasing what VC:MP is about. A page for video content, which can share and support VC:MP videos. Basically, the website should be alive and kicking; a melting pot of VC:MP material.

It's just not though. It has a Features page which is basically a textbox, and a link to both the Wiki (dead link and completely uninteresting to the casual gamer) and the main forum that is basically only readable material if you're a scripter or beta tester. Yes there is some good information there on servers, clans, etc. so the foundation is there but it can be improved for sure.

So yeah, it'd be great if devs could actually get into that.
Agree Agree x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Exterminator

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2020, 01:08:38 pm »
I will share my experience with you guys.
I joined vcmp in starting of 2020.
My first server was lw's . So I just connected to lw and started to play and understand what this mod is ,what can I do here and everything else.
In the starting , After playing for a few days ,I finally found out how to register and registered
And started to play. Some old players started to kill me as they understood that i am a nub.
After that i kept shouting that please don't kill me i am newbie but no one listened. I just quitted the game as I got pissed . then next day I started to play again and found A player killing me with m4 with head most of the time. I thought how he did that so i asked me that how you do that, he said this is aimlock . I said ok how to turn it on .That Guy said ,type /aimlock on i did that and nothing happened. I said it didn't work and his reply was hhhhhhhhhhhh. Then i went to google and typed vcpm aimbot and vcmp hacks ,found some search results but thank god i wasnt able to download.
Then one day same thing happened again ,then S75 aka Sezar asked told me that you wanna learn how he does that and reached me the basics like quick switch etc. Then I started to learn and he asked me to join the clan he was in as i didn't know anything so he helped with everything.
After that i started to improve and now here i am .
Many times i have also seen players making /q jokes which happened with me too.
They say type /q to get 2m cash .
One day my hud was not visible and i asked that and a random player said type /q and i got disconnected.

Instead of helping people they try to bully them by insulting,abusing making /q jokes.

Now it has been around 6 to 7 months and finallt now when I understood most of the things ,now I am enjoying this game.

I forgot to tell about how I found out about vcmp.
I was just looking for mods like cars,bikes etc for my vc and I found this at the end of the page .
It really looked awesome in those screenshot's so I decided to give ot a shot.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 01:24:30 pm by Exterminator »
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 1 Informative Informative x 5 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

klein.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2020, 03:44:02 am »
Quote from: Charley
We need a big change, not little things. Just like every step of the way in VC:MP history, it's the big changes that make a difference.

Not going to talk out of pocket. Seriously speaking, observed and experienced throughout my stay here.  And I am certain that not all of you would agree with me.

I believe that most of the players in VC:MP do not really care. It may sound bad, but why do they think like this?

1st, Bullying and group rivalry is one of the worst parts of this mod. Though it contributes a great part in keeping this mod alive. Since most of the people here also agree with bullying and how a newcomer is treated badly. Very few people happen to be friendly and willing to help a newcomer. Newbies takes the undercover skin and then a group of medic ambush and kill them all for making a spree of 50 then making it a forum signature for a little piece of attention. Newcomer? Don't know, don't care. Another problem is that, group rivalry which breaks its extent. What group rivalry are supposed to be? Let's consider its a game, make clan war, and after it's done. It's the end, perhaps you could challenge later the same team for a rematch. And this is how it was supposed to be. Not an everlasting rivalry that is not only in-game but every part of their life whether social or real. A newcomer starts his second day and then few guys are grouping against him "Oh yeah you took this skin yesterday and went against us. Prepare for the ultimate repa". And this is how the toxicity grows. It turns the newcomer into a toxic player. And this cycle goes on. Well everyone has their own way of behaving so I will not talk much about it. Admins are left with no choices but to watch.

2nd, Probably because we all have thoughts like this: "Ah, I wish I could make this mod better perhaps make my own server with new features but I am alone and I don't believe I can do it." or "This guy being an admin does not give a fuck about doing the right then why should I? Fuck it."  and the same other five people having the same thought.

Little drops make the mighty ocean. It's only these little things that are keeping this mod alive. By little things are unpopular servers, VC:MP YouTube videos, eye-catching arts, and hot topics. The major events have become necessary for this mod to never let the fire snuff out that is competition. I agree that devs have not been active for a very long now. But since NewK says that we don't know what is going on behind the closed doors, so I will not talk something out of my knowledge. Also we should not rely on devs for everything.

Summarizing it up, I think one person should do whatever he thinks he can possibly do and encourage other peoples as well. The work will not be wasted, it just waiting for its right moment and sooner or later you will be recognized and appreciated. Perhaps we could make a separate server for newcomers, from deathmatch to attack defense and whatever else. Make videos and topics.

Note: I do not say that I don't agree with Charley and those we agreed with him. Just expressing my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2020, 03:59:55 am by klein. »
Agree Agree x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2020, 06:56:38 pm »
1st, Bullying and group rivalry is one of the worst parts of this mod. Though it contributes a great part in keeping this mod alive. Since most of the people here also agree with bullying and how a newcomer is treated badly. Very few people happen to be friendly and willing to help a newcomer. Newbies takes the undercover skin and then a group of medic ambush and kill them all for making a spree of 50 then making it a forum signature for a little piece of attention. Newcomer? Don't know, don't care. Another problem is that, group rivalry which breaks its extent. What group rivalry are supposed to be? Let's consider its a game, make clan war, and after it's done. It's the end, perhaps you could challenge later the same team for a rematch. And this is how it was supposed to be. Not an everlasting rivalry that is not only in-game but every part of their life whether social or real. A newcomer starts his second day and then few guys are grouping against him "Oh yeah you took this skin yesterday and went against us. Prepare for the ultimate repa". And this is how the toxicity grows. It turns the newcomer into a toxic player. And this cycle goes on. Well everyone has their own way of behaving so I will not talk much about it. Admins are left with no choices but to watch.

there should be huge freeroam servers filled of players who want to chill and mess with others and newcomers can have godmode, and when they get the hang of fighting they can join other gamemodes like DM and TDM.

you should look at UIF server ( SAMP ) see how it works and learn from it.

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2020, 07:13:20 pm »

there should be huge freeroam servers filled of players who want to chill and mess with others and newcomers can have godmode, and when they get the hang of fighting they can join other gamemodes like DM and TDM.

you should look at UIF server ( SAMP ) see how it works and learn from it.

yea bro they will ask you first in which server they should play in.
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

capitan01

• Crazy Man
  • Empty text
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2020, 08:05:34 pm »
There are a lot of olddies that never have retired.

- hope gotta back soon.
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

Kaptein Kapiten Kapitän Կապիտան Kapitan Капитан Capità 隊長 Kapitèn Kaptajn Kapetan Kapitano Kapten Captain Kapteeni Capitaine Capten
კაპიტანი Καπετάνιος कप्तान Kapitein Kapitány Captaen Capitano 船長 ನಾಯಕ Kapteinis Capitão Капетан Capitan กัปตัน

Exterminator

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2020, 02:49:49 am »
We can create little tour when a newbie joins a server like the server will show Announcements on the screen of the newbie ike if you want to know how things work ,type /tour .It doesn't take more than 5 minutes . If you ask how the server  will know that the person is a newbie ? Answer it will show that only for once when an unregistered players joins .

I got this idea from samp ,when i was playing I didn't have any idea of what to do . So the server showed on my screen (by the Ann cmd) "You can use /tour command if you wanna take a tour of the server and learn about the things.(I am not sure if this can be done in vcmp .

There are also some videos of training by Hanney .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-B7YVzjseoMyJ8e5OJD_-Q
This channel , but it only has 5 videos.

Sezar

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2020, 08:34:19 am »
-

Gonna add another point in it

Newbies barely understands english. Means even if you try to interact to them, they barely answers and even if they do, 9/10 of them gives unappropriate answers like I asked someone 'I can teach you fast switch and basic combat' and then they be like 'wwwwwwwwwww' or some abuses or some bullshit which is beyond this world. 1/10 of them complies to you and agrees with what you want them to teach and make them understand how vcmp works.

And Admins ignorance. Most of the server's admin barely give a fuck about the report you make ( I won't tell their names or point out which community server) by giving an excuse 'don't worry I saw the report' and in next instance they usually play and do their own bullshittery. I don't see them trying to interact with newbies either (as I stated in my prev point). Then someone will say 'dude admins have a life too over gaming', n**** please. You knew what stress and responsiblity an admin have to take but still if you can balance your life with the this ig responsiblity, then only you be an admin. There are many community staffs who does balance their life with game or let a less rl-busy person administrate the server. In 60% of known servers, out of a well decorated staff of 15 to 16 peoples, less than 4 to 5 admins visit forum daily and 1/2 of them barely plays the server. Then suddenly an admin pops outta nowhere for a week or two and after i report a certain guy or ask him/her to check it, he be like 'oh my god sorry I have been inactive since 10th BC I am [insert number of very(s)] sorry I am only here to chill around and play with my friend a bit, please call an another admin to handle it'. I have heard same kinda bullshit back from 2017s when I started playing deathmatching server.

Now you will ask, what point am I trying to prove? I am trying to prove that if you want to revive this mod then start getting an active staff. There's been a lot of days where a blatant cheater plays from the 8 of morning to 12 of midnight and nobody from staff responds and then when we insult them, they punish us instead saying that 'we have a life over gAmiNg' and I don't believe players from today's playerbase are that incompetent not to be staff.

Again I didn't mean this above opinion to a certain community or a certain admin and I won't tell y'all either who was that guy doing this above things because if I call him/her/them out, a shit storm will be started and either he/she/they will say 'no I didn't said that' or say 'I did administrate all the fkin time'.

This was my experience when I was a newbie and something taking over the reason of vcmp's inactivity and no growth (yes this happens these days too).
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 31, 2020, 07:15:51 pm »
will take an extensive look at this thread from page 1 as soon as I physically can and come up with an approximate chronological visualization of what, in my opinion, will need to be done.

I am intent on making this happen and I will much more regret not having tried anything at all than having tried something.

the reason I don't want to do it right now is because I just got 6 teeth removed and I don't want to have to deal with a pain in the ass along with a pain in the mouth.

..... and I really have much better things to do at the moment in any case, but give me a week.

good day all!
Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 2 Friendly Friendly x 2 Optimistic Optimistic x 3 (list)

Harold

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2020, 09:08:38 am »
Tbh i want to say that we should change the reporting system of players or change the punishment system.I want to say that if anyonr caught the cheater then he should report him on a forum like VU's or VCMP and players like Wilson,Siezer,aXXo and some others should take action about that because i think the staff members don't take action professionally and they try to take the revenge bla bla.. And staff should give the punishment according to rule break.Tbh staff members don't try to understand anything.Example:   https://ec.vc-mp.net/index.php?topic=10738.0
Who knows he is telling truth or not?Admins should discuss with him only 1 time to know what actually happened but no they are not ready.By these type of things player count is also decreasing.I would like to say that Administrative system need some improvements.The developers need to be active and they should be that much strict like Admins are strict in developers.cpp.Staff don't need to be strict all the time they should do some kind actions sometimes.Thanks for reading.(Sorry for bad English).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 12:00:42 pm by Darkninja^ »
Funny Funny x 5 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

mairee

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2020, 10:41:40 am »
Staff don't need to be strict all the time they should some kind actions sometimes.
Punishments are meant to be harsh or people don't understand the lesson at all, talking from experience.

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2020, 11:06:33 am »
Staff don't need to be strict all the time they should some kind actions sometimes.
Punishments are meant to be harsh or people don't understand the lesson at all, talking from experience.
just like how hunting, bninin or sheep have learned their lessons.

I think you should decrease ban times ( 100 players banned permanently by ganstaras alone like wtf ), improve anti cheat detection, and make more newbie friendly servers that don't focus on DM.

Newbies don't understand that they are not allowed to play with hacks, they don't understand that death evasion is disallowed and certainly VCMP is bugged enough connection wise that a newbie would unintentionally get himself banned by a misunderstanding.

if you want different outcome, try different solutions, ...

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:08:13 am by ripmemes »

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

mairee

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2020, 02:14:57 pm »
just like how hunting, bninin or sheep have learned their lessons.
Some people have the tendency to remain retarded throughout their whole lives, you cannot change them at all, the duration doesn't matter for those but it's best to keep them permanently banned to avoid toxicity in your server.

I think you should decrease ban times ( 100 players banned permanently by ganstaras alone like wtf ), improve anti cheat detection, and make more newbie friendly servers that don't focus on DM.
Making newbie friendly servers that don't focus solely on DM? Yeah, you're making me laugh at this point. A lot of people have tried making servers like that and they gain little to no player count, EG-MGM was a great example of a multi gamemode server which featured non-DM gamemodes. It gained a bit of player count when EC was down and suddenly a player came into the server and yelled out "guys EC is back", in a second all of the players left. Right now Argonath, VKs and VCCNR are the trending non-DM communities and people don't even pay attention to the other servers that don't feature DM (and ultimately they die) which is why people don't even try to code such servers anyway.

I invite you to "teach" us on how to write a better anti cheat detection system when we are using whatever VC:MP provides to it's full potential and it's failing miserably because evading VC:MP bans is something that a toddler would do with ease.

Newbies don't understand that they are not allowed to play with hacks, they don't understand that death evasion is disallowed and certainly VCMP is bugged enough connection wise that a newbie would unintentionally get himself banned by a misunderstanding.

if you want different outcome, try different solutions, ...
Please tell me how many games permit the use of hacks and how it isn't common sense that hacking and evading basic stuff like deaths would be allowed in a multiplayer server. That is nothing but a lame excuse.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 02:22:04 pm by Xmair »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2020, 04:34:21 pm »
Making newbie friendly servers that don't focus solely on DM? Yeah, you're making me laugh at this point. A lot of people have tried making servers like that and they gain little to no player count, EG-MGM was a great example of a multi gamemode server which featured non-DM gamemodes. It gained a bit of player count when EC was down and suddenly a player came into the server and yelled out "guys EC is back", in a second all of the players left. Right now Argonath, VKs and VCCNR are the trending non-DM communities and people don't even pay attention to the other servers that don't feature DM (and ultimately they die) which is why people don't even try to code such servers anyway.

I invite you to "teach" us on how to write a better anti cheat detection system when we are using whatever VC:MP provides to it's full potential and it's failing miserably because evading VC:MP bans is something that a toddler would do with ease.
what the heck is EG - MGM ?
I doubt it was a freeroam server, player count has nothing to do with gamemode but with the server design and its uniqueness, which I assume EGMGM has failed to achieve.

Please tell me how many games permit the use of hacks and how it isn't common sense that hacking and evading basic stuff like deaths would be allowed in a multiplayer server. That is nothing but a lame excuse.
prolly because a big majority of gta players simply don't care. they do whatever the fuck they want in sp, why not do the same in a multiplayer freeroam servers where hacks are allowed ( only freeroam, other gamemodes it's prohibited to use that, and if you ask if I'm insane, then you better check SAMP's most famous servers.

certain things like silent patch and limit adjusters will get you a ban, why's that? you guys are being so fucking protective, conservative, and inconsistent you're killing fun instead of actually taking care of hackers.

Right now Argonath, VKs and VCCNR are the trending non-DM communities and people don't even pay attention to the other servers that don't feature DM (and ultimately they die) which is why people don't even try to code such servers anyway.
1- argonath's a light rp, its activities are Cops and robbers dm based + trying to roleplay you'll find out it's like DM but with a roleplay cover where the outcome of a roleplay situation you create will always end you up either in jail or dm'ing with cops ( cops take the game too seriously ) the playercount rises when smuggle is ready but dwindles when smuggle is over.
2-VKs is DM with side activities that nobody fucking plays them but to get unlocks.
3-VCCNR is about grinding by DM.

so whatever do you suggest? all we have are either a/d clones, ( empire a/d, evolution a/d, capture the flag ) or tdm clones ( european city, extreme addicts, lw's server, VCCNr ).

in every community you find certain cliques of people, each one that cherish one element of the game, the racing element, the stunting element, the rpg element, the sandbox element etc... which can all be found in a well designed freeroam cross-gamemode server

but VCMP nowadays is a single clique's monopoly, a group of friends who administrate many if not all the servers on the platform and those people are into one aspect of the game and are trying to enforce it on people, certain newbies join a typical tdm server, drive excitingly around a gun battle between the DM guys and they get gunned down, it is fun at first but it gets boring because there is nothing but DM, those who like fighting will eventually gain skills but those who hate combat will leave never to come back.

+ those group of friends will consider every outsider as... outsider. they don't help him and will act hostile towards him, grief him until he toughs it out or leave.

a freeroam global server, new VCMP update, plus proper advertising ( inviting players through SAMP and other gta mp forums ) and revival of VC:MP forums, with less cancerous hostility in clans ( clan leaders oversee their recruits' behavior ) is the ultimate solution.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 04:38:22 pm by ripmemes »
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري