March 28, 2024, 02:40:43 pm

Poll

Which scorecard is best for VW7

Old Scoring Sytem
30 (73.2%)
New Scoring System
11 (26.8%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Author Topic: About Scoring System  (Read 1124 times)

ZUBI

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
About Scoring System
« on: June 04, 2018, 08:37:56 pm »
Recently few changes made in the scores which really looks effective or it does not even need to be done that, eventually first days of public beta testing it was good it was being showed all the time on the right side of the corner which looks challenging i mean when we play we always look for score race, so it will be good if it is being showed all the time, when i had a chat about that with GangstaRas he told me we did that change because it distract while playing, so far for that we can adjust to these lines like we should make score digits a bit more smaller (in condition if it really distract while playing which i think is not needed).

Here is the Pic of current score system.
(Wrong)

Here is the Pic of old score system. (1st day of beta test)
(Correct)

After all this Gangstaras told me to start the Publically vote so lets the public decide which one they basically want to be implemented in VW.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 09:10:16 pm by GangstaRas »
Agree Agree x 4 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Credits : Berkley/Gohan

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: About Scoring System
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 09:26:26 pm »
Make it as small as possible or just add a simple scoreboard that we could open/hide whenever we want to.

and lol

Funny Funny x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 09:51:11 pm »
old score system
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 11:59:43 pm »
Considering the amount of people who use colored bullet trails and crappy HUDs downloaded from vc-mp.pk, the UI should not be decided by a public poll.

New UI - Show only your team score and casualties. Press and hold the F5 key to view all teams. Basically, bind the score screen with the ping screen.
Agree Agree x 4 Disagree Disagree x 6 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Luckshya

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 04:21:56 am »
New UI - Show only your team score and casualties. Press and hold the F5 key to view all teams. Basically, bind the score screen with the ping screen.
This is what it is right now i.e the first screenshot given by ZUBI.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 06:07:42 am by Luckshya »

Credits to Pumak47

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 06:59:11 am »
The text cant be made any smaller for the font, stated by Luckshya (apparently GUI is a bigger mess of code than I thought) so what you see right now is the absolute minimum for the texr.

I have my own preference as well, which is the full listing, makes awareness easier and drives competition better imo, but aXXo's points on the implementation could not be ignored in that it does mess up the flow of the relying on the right side to to spot an enemy flanking you.

Still, 21 votes right now, 17 of which have no care in the world for aXXo's point of view so how about this. Let's let each decide what they want.

So if its possible, we can have the old way by default and whoever needs the compact listing (since its a niche grouping by votes) of the GUI, they can enable it for themselves via cmd.

Cmd format:
/gui <simple/full>

That's a reasonable compromise is it not? (if its possible to script like that)
Agree Agree x 4 Winner Winner x 2 (list)

ZUBI

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 07:13:39 am »
Cmd format:
/gui <simple/full>

That's a reasonable compromise is it not? (if its possible to script like that)

Absolutely agreed to Gangsta that cmd will clear out the problem, it will be a choice to a player whether he want to use simple or full one.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Zkq

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 05:55:52 pm »
These icons take much space in the screen,  i would suggest to put only the color of gang and score in the midle down with small characters.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2018, 10:34:18 pm »
Option created in-game. Upon joining the server you will be greeted with the old system by default, that is, this:

If you want the compact version, that is this:

Then you would need to do /scoregui where you will see the options short/full. Simply type short for the compact version. The setting will save upon exiting so you can have it set permanently to whichever you like.

No other changes will be made to the GUI where it regards flags or text size.
Winner Winner x 3 Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 3 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

Zkq

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 09:55:34 am »

The size takes much space on the screen. Id suggest to remove flag of each gang and put only every score with the gang color.

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 05:21:34 pm »

The size takes much space on the screen. Id suggest to remove flag of each gang and put only every score with the gang color.

The text cant be made any smaller for the font, stated by Luckshya (apparently GUI is a bigger mess of code than I thought) so what you see right now is the absolute minimum for the text.

That is for the font used and we're not changing that bold style font. Regarding the flags, we will not grant that either as the flags are a lot more intuitive to recognize who is who than the team colour itself (I still can't get use to Night Wolves for example just by team colour) so the only option is to go the compact route where you can view the full list whenever necessary by pressing F5.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 05:48:27 pm »
That is for the font used and we're not changing that bold style font. Regarding the flags, we will not grant that either as the flags are a lot more intuitive to recognize who is who than the team colour itself (I still can't get use to Night Wolves for example just by team colour) so the only option is to go the compact route where you can view the full list whenever necessary by pressing F5.
Someone with a lower end PC needs to test if tapping F5 repeatedly causes any stutter in their game due to GUI being generated in real time. It could potentially be abused like the screenshot lag used to be.

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 06:05:37 pm »
Someone with a lower end PC needs to test if tapping F5 repeatedly causes any stutter in their game due to GUI being generated in real time. It could potentially be abused like the screenshot lag used to be.

Tested using On-Clock Modulation (12.5%, 21 FPS spawn screen a.k.a. KiKi's level of lag), no stutters with the GUI whatsoever. In fact, even spawned at 7 FPS did not produce any loading effect spamming F5 so I'll say that all is good in that department.
Informative Informative x 3 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)