Poll

When to host Vice War 8

December 21st, 2019
25 (43.9%)
December 28th, 2019
32 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: December 06, 2019, 09:55:31 pm

Author Topic: Vice War 8 Launch Suggestions  (Read 6967 times)

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing Vice War 8 Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2019, 06:26:13 am »
Why making a so complex Server? Make this Vice War like the past ones (VW 3 - VW 6): simple but entertaining and enjoyable; no hard scripts, with the original map of Vice City (If I'm not wrong this Vice War is aimed to happen in a Custom Map).
This ViceWar is supposed to be more like past ones. "Simple" it's truly relative as it was never a simple script I believe, regardless of the gamemode. Actually the map has a fair progress and detached from the server development, precisely the script part is the culprit.

The division of the tasks made it so that each sector can work independently.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 06:27:44 am by PunkNoodle »
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

CHE_JoOoOoO^

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Struggling to do my best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2019, 08:08:42 am »
Why making a so complex Server? Make this Vice War like the past ones (VW 3 - VW 6): simple but entertaining and enjoyable; no hard scripts, with the original map of Vice City (If I'm not wrong this Vice War is aimed to happen in a Custom Map).
I disagree, a creative and unique server which has a new and perfect idea, but takes a long time to be done better than  a server like the one vw6 or maybe before but not so interesting now. There is a new map 3D designed, so even if we waited until summer np.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2019, 09:12:07 am »
Well I fail to see the need for all those ass kicking super ultra spectacular features at all. Then a custom map which takes shitloads of time and effort to make it and kinda kills the game a bit. And all of that just to play a one-sided festival once again as nobody seems to focus on balancing teams. Damn i don't know...
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

ElvenKing

• Crazy Man
  • [MK]Berkay_Khan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2019, 09:45:41 am »
Arghhh chill the fuck out guys, it's not about the map, go and read ganga's post carefully.
Agree Agree x 7 (list)

The Golden Horde

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2019, 01:45:56 pm »
Well I fail to see the need for all those ass kicking super ultra spectacular features at all. Then a custom map which takes shitloads of time and effort to make it and kinda kills the game a bit. And all of that just to play a one-sided festival once again as nobody seems to focus on balancing teams. Damn i don't know...

I'll put it this way, cuz what you said, and in extension your ass of a mindset absolutely ticked the fucking shit out of me.

Ever since VW5, every March I develop a VW. Remember why VW7 was "revived"? Because we had scripter issues, as is now. You cant have an event without a script, right? Even when VW7 wasnt assured a scripter I still laid these plans for VW8.

Map development (which I handle) takes awhile yes but was never the issue behind delays cuz Ive been working through that time, its the scripts that have been lagging 80% of the time. How? Even if this wasnt a custom map and we used VC map, even if VW8 server was just to be scripted and say "welcome" when you join, with nothing else to the server, how the fuck would you even have that without a script?

Then you come with your shit about no one focusing on balancing teams, all the unnecessaries of the event x y z, old gamemode, all the complaining in the world that I try my fucking best like a jackass to listen to and appeal to....and you cant even say thank you for your efforts, thank you for listening, thank you for trying, thank you for the time you put in.....

Not one of you have the right to talk that shit here, not one, I work way too fucking hard for you, the people, for ungrateful talk like that. Youre so blind that you cant even see how simple this gamemode really is. Its like youre just programmed to bark your ill expectancy of the event if issues arise. Thats all your being good for and I dont need that from the community Im trying my best to serve. Theres a better way to voice your concerns than the fuckry you just pulled out of blind hate because clearly you not reading a thing.
Agree Agree x 4 Winner Winner x 3 (list)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2019, 02:04:59 pm »
hahahah i love this gangaras version

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2019, 02:33:55 pm »
-snip-
i would like to add: The efforts, we the developers and staff put into making this event for FREE of charge, a good "thank you" would be nice from anyone who likes to participate.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2019, 04:36:13 pm »
You kinda took it the wrong way there or i wasnt just clear anough once again but it wasnt a hate comment or anything like that whatsoever.
  I guess the 'moaning about balance' part triggered you the most (yeah that wasnt necesarry), still i didnt even attempt to sort of blame anyone or something.
And holy shit i'm not criticizing anyone for putting efforts into something- actually the opposite. Sory for this mess 
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2019, 05:33:32 pm »
You kinda took it the wrong way there or i wasnt just clear anough once again but it wasnt a hate comment or anything like that whatsoever.
  I guess the 'moaning about balance' part triggered you the most (yeah that wasnt necesarry), still i didnt even attempt to sort of blame anyone or something.
And holy shit i'm not criticizing anyone for putting efforts into something- actually the opposite. Sory for this mess
about being unbalanced, there's only around 10 players difference that isn't going to matter much i think, more players will join when this event will be properly advertised.

More info @ https://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?topic=10213.0

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

DarkSid3R

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2019, 04:13:33 pm »
Patience is key, we may enjoy more in custom map,  I have no problems with the postponing VW8 , though my PC is RIP xD I don't know when it will be fixed.

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2019, 05:19:44 pm »
31st March 2019 (Sunday)

Till the time it is over, it would be April Fool's day. So much pun potential.  :thumbsup:

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Vice War 8 Suggestions
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2019, 06:25:15 pm »
Log: 66 for End of January, 18 for Easter Season

Bumping this topic.

Progress is going well for Vice War and a beta launch is coming VERY SOON. Definitely optimistic about a June launch, however, many of you have expressed to me that you are under exams.

Seeing as this is the most drastic Vice War change yet, and will prove to be one of the most unique VC:MP experiences you'll ever have, whether old or new, I wouldn't want anyone to really miss this. So I'm drawing for the polls once more.

Vote for if you would like a June release or a July release; the July release would be similar to VW7, i.e. July 6th, 2019. I can't give a definitive date in June but I'd say the 3rd week of June. So, start voting!

To those who still need to do the benchmark, we are under the process of getting the benchmark server back up and ready, please be patient don't worry too much about it.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 06:46:40 pm by GangstaRas »
Winner Winner x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Lilama

• Regular
  • z0rz0rz0r
    • View Profile
Re: Vice War 8 Launch Suggestions
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2019, 03:03:51 am »
Did u play this at 6th? And if not when it will happen?

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2019, 12:33:19 pm »
Did u play this at 6th? And if not when it will happen?

No we didn't play the 6th. Some things came up for me during the June period which slowed down the entire process. In terms of when, I don't really want to give a date anymore cuz chances are I may miss that deadline yet again due to availability of the team, but I didn't really want to push beyond say 20th of July
Funny Funny x 3 (list)

Ken_S

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2019, 05:54:45 am »
Were not ya guys said that the vice war will be in July?