Poll

When to host Vice War 8

December 21st, 2019
25 (43.9%)
December 28th, 2019
32 (56.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: December 06, 2019, 09:55:31 pm

Author Topic: Vice War 8 Launch Suggestions  (Read 7022 times)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
Vice War 8 Launch Suggestions
« on: December 24, 2018, 02:16:48 pm »
It is with deep regret that I must bring the unfortunate news that I am forced to postpone Vice War 8, however, it is not a huge postpone at all. The idea is this.

For every Vice War, there has to be a beta at least a week before...the map development has missed that deadline. If it was regular VC map, then a beta would still go on in shortened time, but as its not, it is imperative we give the week for participants to get accustomed to the map.

So, the idea is that the 29th of December will now be the beta of VW, and the 5th of January will be the event. We apologize for the inconvenience once more. By vote, I want to know if this is ok with the participants.

If I see a resounding no, we'll figure something out, but if a resounding yes, we will go with this plan. Feel free to make suggestions however on dates that would be suitable for you and possibly the majority of the crowd.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 06:46:05 pm by GangstaRas »
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
Re: Postponing Vice War 8 Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 02:42:45 pm »
One week doesn't hurts that much. I'd go with a Yes.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

RajPut

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • خطائیں عمرِ رفتہ کی، سزائیں عمرِ حاضر کو
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 03:39:59 pm »
I surely won’t be able to participate if it gets postponed.
Agree Agree x 2 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Pakistan!
Zindabad!

Wanna share your opinion about me? https://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?topic=8850

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 04:15:50 pm »
I surely won’t be able to participate if it gets postponed.
I can't for 5th of january, make it either 12 january or 19 january.

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 04:19:34 pm »
why not.. after all you make the event, you put the effort up - if somebody has a problem with waiting one more week, fuck him

yes
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 7 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Roystang

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • rerere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 04:23:35 pm »
yes

VCDC 6 Admin/Designer, VW8 Designer, VW9 Mod/Designer, VCDM Developer, VCCNR Admin, EG-A.D Moderator, RTV/TDW Admin

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 05:43:28 pm »
why not.. after all you make the event, you put the effort up - if somebody has a problem with waiting one more week, fuck him

yes
I totally understand the pressure on VW staff admins because of the large work and the small amount of time given to them to finish the event, I even volunteered to help in some translations ( If you want me to help you in something concerning the event atm, PM me on discord )
but it is not fair to postpone the event 5 days before its launch, especially when there are some people who need time before the event to set up some things ( like a trip or something like that ).
me, personally, not sure if I am going to pay my internet service provider directly at 1 january. that depends on my parents' money capacity, if there are too many bills then they are not going to pay it until few days later, when they clear up their priorities. Sometimes they pay it nine days after the end of the month.
You gotta understand players' condition calhoun, it is not about waiting, we are all PATIENT.

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

FulToN_619

• Crazy Man
  • Give Respect Get Respect
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 05:49:28 pm »
Yes

fulton (the hardest lagger on vcmp, I can't touch him)

killer frost

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 06:19:29 pm »
no

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 06:28:51 pm »

yes
I totally understand the pressure on VW staff admins because of the large work and the small amount of time given to them to finish the event, I even volunteered to help in some translations ( If you want me to help you in something concerning the event atm, PM me on discord )
but it is not fair to postpone the event 5 days before its launch, especially when there are some people who need time before the event to set up some things ( like a trip or something like that ).
me, personally, not sure if I am going to pay my internet service provider directly at 1 january. that depends on my parents' money capacity, if there are too many bills then they are not going to pay it until few days later, when they clear up their priorities. Sometimes they pay it nine days after the end of the month.
You gotta understand players' condition calhoun, it is not about waiting, we are all PATIENT.
and you gotta understand event conditions

event not ready yet = might be a shit event

ye it's probably a bad move announcing it 5 days before the launch I'll give you that
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 06:31:02 pm by Calhoun »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Silent

• Fanatic
  • Chainsaw and Spaz better than Any Explosives
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 06:35:10 pm »
No. make it later

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 08:26:09 pm »
I vote 2028
Funny Funny x 4 Winner Winner x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2018, 10:12:25 pm »

yes

Well, we cannot decide the day of event launch because one person doesn't satisfy the availability. Although if even ends up with unfinished stuff and untested script, it won't be fun to play with, i hope you're getting the idea of unfinished work.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2018, 11:16:00 pm »
I am TOTALLY aware of that, what I am trying to say is make it later not 5th of january as most people are busy due to the fact that this postpone came out 5 days before event, and they didn't take the change into their minds. This postpome should have came out one/two weeks ago so people can arrange their stuff in order to clear their priorities and become able to play. The only solution now is to make the event's date either 12 or 19 of january.
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2018, 12:06:23 am »
Panzer think on what you're saying outside your own perspective (and the perspective of the consumers that relate to you). What would be the mindset of developers 1 to 2 weeks ago from today if today was the event? Simply that the time is enough to prepare the event for its decided debut.

Your outlook on the discernment of the time needed by developers is tainted by what is necessary for you to be able to participate. So while I do understand the courtesy point you're making, given the situation, a message like this cannot be anything but short notice. And for those that have been waiting, it is more courteous of me to provide a time that is sooner than later as best as possible.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)