login
April 16, 2024, 09:51:15 am

Author Topic: About VW8 benchmark server (I need advice/explanation)  (Read 3436 times)

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
Re: About VW8 benchmark server (I need advice/explanation)
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2018, 09:06:07 pm »
get Windows 7.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

MasterOz

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2018, 06:41:37 am »
Backup your files and convince your dad for a new OS. Otherwise, start saving some $$$ and make it upto 250-300$
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2018, 01:28:42 pm »
so, what should I do? I must take out the GPU and put it back?

Yep, simply take it out, probably remove some dust around the connection and place it back in. Hopefully that should do the trick

Did you do this yet? if so, present to me a picture from GPU-Z of your GPU

what I'm looking for is this:

Yours would say AGP, and if it's at full speed, it should say x8 I believe. If it's slower, this is your issue

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2018, 02:08:29 pm »
Didn't do it yet, I have to argue with my father for some time...
Funny Funny x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2018, 04:33:18 pm »
Okay, there comes the PC buying parts guide, so prepare ass:

First of all, if you have enough money or if there are second hand stores too, you might consider buying used components too that works. Their price shall not be that high thus if you have common sense, you can clean them after and shall run like new. Okay so let's start with it:

KIT (Mobo + CPU combo)

First of all, I would recommend looking for a Kit that includes a Motherboard too, in this case, take a look for the AMD FX-8350 / 6350 since that CPU is pretty much the least AMD's cheap CPU to support many titles from todays somewhere around Low - Medium Settings in game. A good combo / kit it would be with an ASUS / ASRock / GigaByte motherboard. There could be others too but I don't really know if they would be that good. Anyways, look up for kit FX-8350 / 6350. However bear in mind that the CPU I mentioned is also power hungry. So if the electricity bills are something quite strict or high there in your place, then maybe an Intel CPU might be a good choice too. In this case, look for a Kit that has an intel i5 3400 or 2500. Their neither really expensive.

Also, another very important thing to note is that when you look for the motherboard specs, it should have PCI Express 3.0, as GangstaRas mentioned so you can enjoy the maximum performance with your graphics card in games and so on. So, from what I know, the i5 2nd gen mobos usually got 2.0, so watch out.

Also, if you're lucky enough, you might also find kits that could come with RAM Sticks too, such as 4GB, but I highly recommend 8GB for nowdays stuff..

If not, come to this one too:

RAM Memory

When it comes at this critical part too, make sure you're getting some proper RAM Memory Sticks such as 2 sticks of 4GB RAM (4X2 / 8GB) if you can afford to, or if not, then look for 2 sticks of 2 GB RAM (2X2 / 4GB).. Keep in mind to pick DDR3 ones and for desktop, not laptop since there are RAM sticks for laptops too and also look for ones that got a 2400Mhz frequency around too so you won't have any performance issue too in games. However be aware with the sticks since their very fragile and can get broken easily if you touch them from the bottom golden / yellow part..

Also, the main reason why I recommend you to buy 2 Sticks is not to have any bottlenecks that can keep your sweet performance away, especially their bandwidth is higher, the better is, to go for 2 Sticks as Dual Channel.

Graphics Card

I highly recommend for such system a GTX 750 Ti since it is the very good least budget graphics card that even has ShadowPlay software that can allow you to record at 60FPS at 1080p regardless of the Computer Specifications..

Another good alternative it would be an HD 7870, the 2GB variant is all good.

HDD / SSD

This one plays a very important role there too especially for the storage and so on. In this case, if you can afford, look up for any good SSD with somewhere 128GB around for the System Installation drive and also an HDD with for storing purposes, especially recordings, so for this case, look for a 512GB (1TB if better) HDD. Keep in mind their both different disks, the SSD one is way faster than the traditional HDD but it is quite expensive, but not very (depends on the storage size) and the Normal HDD with its normal speed. At the HDD part, look for 7200RPM ones since their way faster than the 5400RPM.

PSU (Power Supply Unit)

For all this, I recommend a 400-450W Power Supply if you don't need any RGB lighting decoration and such. Also, go look for the rate, I recommend as minimum Bronze as 80+ (Gold rate 80+ if better, for especially in performance). There are more rates too, such as Plantimum, Titanium and Silver too but it is quite expensive (Silver one).

PC Case

This is Optional if you wanna set for yourself a new PC up. I recommend you to look up for any Medium Size Case, not large nor small one.

Monitor

This is also optional, I recommend you to look for any good 1080p monitor such as one with 5ms as minimum, and a 24 inch one or lesser if the budget doesn't reach you or you have a small desk.

For input, you can also go or VGA or even HDMI. However, VGA is the cheapest option.

I guess that's the most I could suggest for a good budget PC to hold still for a good while. About Accessories, such as mouse or keyboard, you look for any that's comfortable for your hands..

Also, make sure to look from which online stores / online second hand shopping website you're looking for. You may also ask others too for opinion about any good SH products selling website so you might not end up getting scammed.

Also, if you manage to get all this, congrats, now for the system, give it a go with Windows 7 / 8.1 64 bits (both are good), instead of Windows 10. Good Luck.  :thumbsup:
Winner Winner x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 Useful Useful x 3 (list)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2018, 04:35:48 pm »
If it's a possibility that you can upgrade your pc, and your money is way too low, get an A6 (preferably newest ones) combo and that's it. I think it's able to run VC properly.

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2018, 11:30:28 am »
@GangstaRas it is x16, GPU is not the problem.
for other people I'd reply later as I'm in hurry now.
I think I know the reason for lag, it is related to my soundless problem, I found that when I was  playing GTAIII (causing chaos and killing leones as usual) I felt that sounds were a bit choppy so I decided to change the audio hardware option from miles (the default one) to d3sound emulator (the same one as vice) I noticed obvious lag with weird cars behaviour (bouncing up the ground/same behaviour in VC:SP) and when I reverted back to miles, the lag was vanished.
I went to "DXDIAG" to find sound acceleration bar was at its full, and changed it to basic (the option I put to fix my soundless problem) then I opened my game: FPS was a bit improved but still there is lag and FPS drops from times to times. I think if I disactivate directX acceleration (resulting in no sound) it would fix the problem.

Edit: FPS problem fixed, but no sound, I think this is an alternative solution until I change my OS
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 11:39:33 am by PANZER24 »

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2018, 07:12:49 am »
@GangstaRas it is x16, GPU is not the problem.
for other people I'd reply later as I'm in hurry now.
I think I know the reason for lag, it is related to my soundless problem, I found that when I was  playing GTAIII (causing chaos and killing leones as usual) I felt that sounds were a bit choppy so I decided to change the audio hardware option from miles (the default one) to d3sound emulator (the same one as vice) I noticed obvious lag with weird cars behaviour (bouncing up the ground/same behaviour in VC:SP) and when I reverted back to miles, the lag was vanished.
I went to "DXDIAG" to find sound acceleration bar was at its full, and changed it to basic (the option I put to fix my soundless problem) then I opened my game: FPS was a bit improved but still there is lag and FPS drops from times to times. I think if I disactivate directX acceleration (resulting in no sound) it would fix the problem.

Edit: FPS problem fixed, but no sound, I think this is an alternative solution until I change my OS

Oh yeah I had the same problem - actually it was on a good PC, I was getting seriously low fps in busy areas of the map. Someone (Brian I think?) told me to change the sound engine (or something like that) in the VC audio options, and it fixed it entirely.

Writer of excessively long posts

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2018, 08:07:48 am »
Sound engine? Can you explain further sir?

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2018, 06:58:03 pm »
Sound engine? Can you explain further sir?
In the game options under sound tab you can choose how the sound is being rendered, it normally should be set at D3 sound or something similar. If it's set at RAD Tools it will slow down game performance by at least 60%.

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2018, 08:07:16 pm »
It is set at d3sound software emulator, can't select any other option except  RAD but yet the game still lags. Before, I couldn't hear any SFX sounds due to my sound card not having a buffer (according to Rockstar) so I added directX sound acceleration to fix the problem. First there were no FPS problems then I come to have issues after adding 2GB ram...
I can't know why software sound buffer is making my game lag  :-X

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Deadmau5

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Real Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2018, 08:14:19 pm »
My advice is to save to buy a PC, nothing difficult or borrow someone from your family's gaming computer to play the VW  ::)
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

If you didnt receive an invite yet, means they don't want you. :-X By aXXo