May 07, 2024, 10:17:37 pm

Author Topic: happy eid mubarak  (Read 2915 times)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
happy eid mubarak
« on: July 06, 2016, 08:15:57 am »
Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: happy eid mubarak
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 09:53:04 pm »
Eid mubarak!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 09:54:50 pm by Charley »
Useful Useful x 1 Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

Angela

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
  • failure is not falling down but refusing to get up
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2016, 11:44:24 pm »
You guys are not muslim but congratulating muslim people! those are my mates! love you guys :)
and I love that there's still some people who do not think that all muslim people are Terrorists, that's a good job. Cheers! <3

Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Jokah

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Tomorrow is a loser's excuse, do it today.
    • View Profile
    • Vice City Cops & Robbers
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2016, 11:53:01 pm »
Thanks, eid mubarak to you too, and everyone else who read this.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

VCCNR Developer | VCDC 6 Coordinator | VU since 2015

Think 100 times before you take a decision, but once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man. - M.

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2016, 06:04:42 am »
(I personally do not believe in any god, and for me some religious traditions sound "stupid". Please don't take this as an insult towards your religion, I'm just curious about the reason for some of the traditions, and I deeply respect people sticking to their believes.)

I'm curious (and to be fair too lazy to look it up), what is the point of the Ramadan?
I mean, you're fasting, but can still eat after dawn. That's not really fasting is it?

Eid al-Fitr sound "stupid" for me as well. You're fasting first, and then eat so much food it looks ridiculous :P

Would someone care to explain as to why you're doing this, I'm really curious :)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 06:50:54 am »
(I personally do not believe in any god, and for me some religious traditions sound "stupid". Please don't take this as an insult towards your religion, I'm just curious about the reason for some of the traditions, and I deeply respect people sticking to their believes.)

I'm curious (and to be fair too lazy to look it up), what is the point of the Ramadan?
I mean, you're fasting, but can still eat after dawn. That's not really fasting is it?

Eid al-Fitr sound "stupid" for me as well. You're fasting first, and then eat so much food it looks ridiculous :P

Would someone care to explain as to why you're doing this, I'm really curious :)

well I'm not Muslim and neither do I fast, but as far my history records go, the month of Ramadan commemorates the event of the Quran being revealed to the Prophet Muhammad for the first time.

I'm assuming the concept of fasting itself tests a person's self-discipline throughout the day.

do correct me if I'm wrong though ???
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Angela

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
  • failure is not falling down but refusing to get up
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2016, 09:55:26 am »
Curious? Aight, I'll explain to you everything.. The point of fasting is:

1. Feeling the poor people's feeling who do not have funds to buy food to eat, so they stay hungry (and thirsty too in south africa).

2. For health, not only Quran says that, scientists found lately that fasting is a cure for (obesity, diabetes.. Etc etc)

3. To gain god's respect which you gonna find it ridiculous and stupid.

And about Eid al fitr, fitr comes from *fitra*, or *zakat* which means, muslim people should give a sum of money to poor people. It's humanitarian and likely.

And yeah Thijn, feel free to complain about your feelings and thoughts towards religions, cause, personally I think the same about some religions, I be like: why would people (christian, jewish and atheist) eat pork even if they totally know that it's dangerous? (cause it's forbidden in islam, as well as wine).  I won't say that I don't search infos about religions, I read bible, and I like that, but I like Islam and I belong to it.

I wish that you understood Thijn, peace!  Muslim, Jewish, Christian, or even atheist, we're all the same and human-being.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 11:33:00 am by Angela »
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Thomas

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 10:02:47 am »

well I'm not Muslim and neither do I fast, but as far my history records go, the month of Ramadan commemorates the event of the Quran being revealed to the Prophet Muhammad for the first time.

I'm assuming the concept of fasting itself tests a person's self-discipline throughout the day.

do correct me if I'm wrong though ???

Correct indeed, it was revealed to Prophet Muhammad ( Peace be upon him ) in the month of Ramdan ( pronounced as Rum-za'n), it is a sacred month of islamic lunar calender. During fast a muslim neither eats nor drinks until sunsets and then they repeat this for next 29 days, praying is optional but it increases faith and reading Quran refreshes emaan ( belief ) and removes any misconceptions

reference: http://www.islamicacademy.org/html/Articles/English/Night_Of_Power.htm

to be clear Quran is a book of signs not science, The Quran was revealed in Arabic language ( the language is limited to some content and similar words are used for different meanings ) because Arabic was their mother language, there are many stories to infer something from it depends upon the need and mentality of person and some direct orders which are compulsory, people often misinterpret the verse by not reading whats before it. it is obligatory to read full Qur'an. Qur'an was revealed about 1400 years ago and there are some shocking facts that if you compare them with today's knowledge you'll know what importance it has in muslim history.
it is also mandatory to give Zakat and fitrana ( excess money to poors and needy more than a person gives in a whole year to soften their ego and to feel what the poors have been feeling all the year ) pray as much as they can and ask for forgiveness which ultimately somewhat revoke themselves from doing sins ( bad things ) again. in short: Humanity wakes up in muslim countries and continue till eid, on eid day we stop fasting but still continue to provide for needy,
Eid Ul Fitar.
reference: http://islam.about.com/od/ramadan/f/eid_fitr.htm

by the way eid is not about eating too much. its about enjoying the day of breaking series of fast. a person can continue fasting after the eid has been passed so that he can complete the fast which were left because of some situation.

Remember ISIS == NATO != NOT MUSLIMS
Me saying 'Hallelujah' doesn't make me a Christian or a jew similarly someone shouting Allah hu akbar doesn't make him a muslim, these are just words for non-muslims and nothing else.

I'm neither an islamic scholar and haven't read the 'whole' quran with translation but i know about what i believe in and why, because i study from time to time and inherit as much as i can. There is no best example of Muslim anywhere on earth except the life of Last Prophet. i know you do not believe in god, but as a research do read the quran from first chapter to last one, compare it with history on internet. then you'll know more. in mean time i plan to study Christianity ( Bible ) and Hinduism ( Bhagvat Geeta ) for my own knowledge.

Khair Mubarak ( Congratulations )
if you have any inquiries, you can PM me.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 10:22:00 am by Thomas »
Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

Roystang

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • rerere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 10:16:26 am »
Eid Mubarak
that's all
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

VCDC 6 Admin/Designer, VW8 Designer, VW9 Mod/Designer, VCDM Developer, VCCNR Admin, EG-A.D Moderator, RTV/TDW Admin

Jokah

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Tomorrow is a loser's excuse, do it today.
    • View Profile
    • Vice City Cops & Robbers
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 12:01:31 pm »
Praying 5 times a day is mandatory not optional in Islam.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

VCCNR Developer | VCDC 6 Coordinator | VU since 2015

Think 100 times before you take a decision, but once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man. - M.

Thomas

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 02:58:52 pm »
Praying 5 times a day is mandatory not optional in Islam.

talking about traveeh.

offering salah is mandatory.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:11:22 pm by Thomas »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 03:33:33 pm »
Eid Mubarak:)

Amal

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 06:02:58 pm »
eid mukarak to all :)