login
April 27, 2024, 06:25:05 pm

Author Topic: Errors with installing windows  (Read 877 times)

Eazy

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Errors with installing windows
« on: October 20, 2022, 07:28:21 pm »
i've tried windows 7 and now windows 8 and i had errors such as windows was unable to create a required installation folder error code:0x8007000b,setup has failed to determine supported install choices-this errors came of windows 8
and this error came of windows 7 clfs.sys 0xc0000098 installing on hard disk
Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
Re: Errors with installing windows
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 04:50:16 am »
I think its some Disk type issue along with bios boot options, two boot option is available right now one is UEFI and other is Legacy. Accordingly with bios boot options there's type of disk that supports only one of these. Currently newer PC/Laptop are with UEFI/GPT. Btw GPT is disk type and MBR as well and are required to use with specific bios boot options, let me make clear.

UEFI - GPT - FAT32
Legacy - MBR - NTFS

So, most of the newer hardware users face difficulty in installing windows 7 or win 8 (not 8.1 in my case) is because of UEFI boot. I suggest you to change its disk type by moving your important data in some flash drive and then change it from GPT to MBR and google can help how would you do it.

Basically GPT disk types are limited with UEFI boot and it mostly supports only windows 8.1 or above. Meanwhile the old school MBR supports every windows for now.
I hope it helps.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 01:10:02 pm »
What are your PC specs?

Also are you using the same Windows ISOs / installation images for a long time, or they're downloaded recently? Have you flashed them on CDs, or on a USB Flash Drive? And if on a Flash Drive and if you used Rufus, what partition table have you tried to use (GPT or MBR)? But your BIOS mode?

Have you tried the ISOs on another PC (or atleast in a VM on another PC)? And if you have another PC, could you try to connect your PC's HDD into that one and scan for bad sectors with HD Tune Pro? Or atleast to flash a Windows PE image (Hiren's BootCD for ex) on a Flash Drive on that another PC, boot from it on your PC then download and install on it the mentioned software?

And one more thing, do you have anything (data or another partitions) on your Hard Disk?

Eazy

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 03:17:49 pm »
What are your PC specs?

Also are you using the same Windows ISOs / installation images for a long time, or they're downloaded recently? Have you flashed them on CDs, or on a USB Flash Drive? And if on a Flash Drive and if you used Rufus, what partition table have you tried to use (GPT or MBR)? But your BIOS mode?

Have you tried the ISOs on another PC (or atleast in a VM on another PC)? And if you have another PC, could you try to connect your PC's HDD into that one and scan for bad sectors with HD Tune Pro? Or atleast to flash a Windows PE image (Hiren's BootCD for ex) on a Flash Drive on that another PC, boot from it on your PC then download and install on it the mentioned software?

And one more thing, do you have anything (data or another partitions) on your Hard Disk?
my pc specs i don't think that will be problem,but w/e
i5 9600k
16gb
h370

downloaded usb,i've tried with making partition never knew what is the fuction i deleted in disk managment

i've tried windows 7 on another pc in my home blue screen with hard disk on without hard disk this clfs.sys 0xc0000098

i deleted my previous partition watching youtube and searching on forums nothing came to fix my problem

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 09:25:08 pm »
my pc specs i don't think that will be problem,but w/e
i5 9600k
16gb
h370

So that tells you have a newer gen PC. I've seen in some forums, doing some search for this mobo model, that the OS installs fine, except for the drivers. But you could use some software like SDI origin or even better Drivereasy (I use a cracked license.dat though, it just downloads slower but does it job) as finding the drivers manually for new-gen hardware is a pain in the ass whenever it comes to Win7/8.1 (except for Nvidia/AMD GPUs since you can download the GPU drivers from their website anyway) when you get it to finally install. I have huge doubts although about Driver Booster as I heard that breaks more than it fixes.

Another tip is install all the updates first then the drivers (on 7 you can just use Simplix Updatepack7r2 which is more quicker and efficient) so you won't have any issues with them (errors like untrusted signature when installing them, possible BSODs etc.)

downloaded usb,i've tried with making partition never knew what is the fuction i deleted in disk managment

i deleted my previous partition watching youtube and searching on forums nothing came to fix my problem

Yes, GIGABYTE USB installation tool is needed to install USB 3.x drivers for the image. As for these third-party partitions, by my guess, have to do something with OEM recovery as new-gen PCs / Laptops tend to come with a separate partition for that case (like it was in my case). Although it's nothing serious, guess the recovery image could be downloaded from the official manufacturers' website for the model anyway if really needed.

Windows 7 also does support UEFI and it will install fine. But if you're really going to install it on UEFI with Ultimate edition, you'll have a bad time activating it with Loader as it will tell "Unsupported Partition Table". So if you go the UEFI route, better get the Enterprise edition as it has the same features as Ultimate with Volume Licensing, which means you can activate it via KMSpico or even 1000x better than it, with MAS Script. However I can't provide here links for these so you'll have to google by yourself, and all this won't matter if you're activating it with an actual key.

If you're going instead the BIOS/Legacy route, then all that said won't be an issue and you can activate Ultimate fine via the Loader.

Also, even if your HDD partition table, say, is MBR and you boot the installation image from UEFI or vice-versa, there shouldn't be any errors / BSODs at startup for that reason, as normally when you reach the partitioning part, you'll be told that Windows cannot be installed on that specific partition due to the table differences.

i've tried windows 7 on another pc in my home blue screen with hard disk on without hard disk this clfs.sys 0xc0000098

Is that PC new-gen aswell, or an older one? If you don't know, you can just tell the specs (normally above 6th gen for Intel CPUs and Ryzen series for AMD ones are considered new-gen and have "issues" with older versions of Windows).

So my guesses are it's either the installation images are corrupt, or these might be older builds which don't have the newer/necessary drivers (for example non-SP1 ones), either the HDDs might be at fault.

Did you also try Windows 8(.1) on that another PC? What are the results with it? You could also try installing Windows 10 (LTSC edition is better, doesn't matter if it's 2019 or 2021 one) on your PC and even try on your other one just to make sure there isn't any hardware related error.

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 08:35:22 pm »
Why are you even trying to install an EOL version of windows? Why not install Windows 10 or even 11?
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Eazy

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 07:59:55 pm »
radon is already helping me via teamviewer
Why are you even trying to install an EOL version of windows? Why not install Windows 10 or even 11?
for cracked games

Aladeen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2022, 04:08:02 am »
Hi I'm a certain kf member that has nothing better to do on a wednesday evening than spit out unrelated shit in a tech support topic  :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2022, 11:17:21 pm by ferrari32 »

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2022, 11:14:53 pm »
radon is already helping me via teamviewer
for cracked games

It works the same in win10. Buy your games though, support the developers. Pirating is stealing, and while I understand a broke teen doing it, a grown ass man should understand the morale behind it.
Winner Winner x 2 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Eazy

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 05:55:30 pm »
still i'l support pirating first you need to try playing the game by pirating then buying it thats how i got gta 5 legit

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 06:05:29 pm »
That's not how it works. You buy the game, you try it, if you don't like it you can return it. Same as with everything else in life.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember