login
March 28, 2024, 11:57:59 am

Author Topic: Disable headshots  (Read 23452 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Disable headshots
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:36:28 am »
<Disclaimer> After the following discussion, I no longer believe that disabling headshots is the best solution to this problem. I don't have a firm opinion on what the best solution is, but this isn't it. The discussion does illuminate some very interesting an potentially valuable solutions, however, so I encourage people to read through.

Over the past few weeks there has been a rapid proliferation of the so-called Aim Lock. One only need do a simple search online now to gain access to the tool, which helps players snap their aim to other players' heads easily. The spread of this tool stands to completely alter the gameplay balance of VC:MP, and as I'm sure most of you can testify, is already having discernible effects ingame. New and old players alike will not wish to play a game wherein some players have god-like abilities to inflict instant kills.

With the VC:MP devs AWOL, it is now up to server owners to try and combat the effects of this tool before it does too much damage to the size of the playerbase. I therefore suggest that all server owners disable headshots as soon as possible. I'm unaware of the feasibility of this, but in a previous topic Krys suggested that it would be possible:

To disable headshots you can give immunity from headshots (critical hits?) to all players.

Edit with counter-arguments:

Argument 1: Learn to beat aimlockers.
Counter-argument: This isn't just about experienced players, it's about newbies who can't beat them and will leave. They make up the majority of the VC:MP playerbase and we rely on them for the mod to be sustainable. If they leave, we're fucked.

Argument 2: Just find the hackers and ban them.
Counter-argument: Aimlock is very hard to detect and prove. Creating a staff team that can do so reliably would be essentially impossible.

Argument 3: Long-rangers would lose interest in the game and leave.
Counter-argument: Long-rangers were interested before headshots were possible in VC:MP, they will adapt. If a few of them leave, this is not a high price to pay versus the alternative of many more newbies leaving as soon as they join the game and can't score kills.

Argument 4: There needs to be a better solution.
Counter-argument: Until someone suggests one, this is all we have.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 01:46:05 pm by Charley »
Agree Agree x 12 Disagree Disagree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

KILLERX.

Re: Disable headshots
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 09:39:13 am »
it will automatically kill vcmp
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

FulToN_619

• Crazy Man
  • Give Respect Get Respect
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 09:47:22 am »
disable headshots as soon as possible.
+1
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

fulton (the hardest lagger on vcmp, I can't touch him)

ZUBI

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 10:11:52 am »
yes just disable it, so let those cheaters realize how it feels..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Danish

• Crazy Man
  • Miami Killers
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 10:20:49 am »

Credits:- RavenouZ^ / _Has[E]eb.^

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 11:48:25 am »

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 12:10:19 pm »
And I suggest to switch all servers to roleplay. Force everyone to play at 20 fps because it's noice and make infernus spawn black all the time.
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 3 (list)

Warhol

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 12:40:48 pm »
Agreed. That's what actually supposed to happen at these times as aimlock is easily reached and used by any person for now. It would make vcmp less funnier, but that's what others "aimlock users" are indeed doing, so, disabling it would be fair enough for both sides.
Cannot rate own posts

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 12:49:15 pm »
Lol you guys don't know how to beat aimlockers? hhhhhhhhhh
Just play lw and you will...
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 12:57:37 pm »
They just have to change target from head to body, what difference will it make ?
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 01:01:28 pm »
Oh yes please

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

MasterOz

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 03:31:00 pm »
Lol you guys don't know how to beat aimlockers? hhhhhhhhhh
Just play lw and you will...
+1

Also,you can get training from me how to eat em shit!
Funny Funny x 2 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 03:37:54 pm »
just like in 0.3z r1  8) bring back those times! and end this m4 whoring era!
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 03:40:52 pm »
They just have to change target from head to body, what difference will it make ?

Damage.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

MD619

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VU4LiFe
    • View Profile
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Roystang's art