April 16, 2024, 09:22:55 pm

Author Topic: VCCT 2 Finals - ULK vs VU  (Read 9920 times)

Veteran

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: VCCT 2 Finals - ULK vs VU
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 03:23:25 pm »
Alright, good to hear.

So how about we take the middle way and do it at 17:00 ?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

My mother-in-law said to me at dinner last week that I overreact too much to criticism.
So I shot her.

j.king

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 07:14:12 pm »
GG vu, was fun.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2012, 07:17:28 pm »
Result?

Writer of excessively long posts

Zeke

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP and LU beta tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2012, 07:22:00 pm »
Tied at 7 - 7, then they had a LMS.
ULK won the LMS.

InstallHook(0x405AC0,(DWORD)CantFindFuckingAnim,0x405A95,
CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode,sizeof(CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode));
-------------------------------------------------
[00:41:12] <~Murdock> actually just transfering files
[00:41:16] <~Murdock> sounds, clientscripts etc
[00:42:05] <heekzs> what transfer method you uses
[00:43:03] <~Murdock> speed of light

GranDoIz

• Crazy Man
  • Palestine Will Be Free (°_°) Freedom
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2012, 07:31:51 pm »
Go Go VU  O0

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2012, 07:39:09 pm »
Good game ULK! Was fun :)

biohazard

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2012, 07:46:42 pm »
Aye this is how it went down:

First round VU defends Chariot Hotels. ULK charge in and get raped, except for 2 people - KingKong and Olvido. After some brawling, it is KingKong on 1hp and Olvido with some armor against a spazzing Metalord. He takes down Kong and as for the grand end of the first round we have two warpers shooting blanks at each other for what must have been 2 minutes straight. Olvido manages to hit first and takes the round. Through all of that most of VU are certain Meta was bugged.

Second Round ULK defends office. Hazz manages to be a complete mongoloid and gives Veteran what must have been the easiest kill of his life. KingKong wipes 4 VU with his spaz and someone wallglitches VU's last man standing, whoever that was, making the score 2-0.

I think VU defended Malibu next and after Gudio snipes Zegro, we charge in and I die a very noobish death again. Seph as the last ULK standing, manages to run in circles inside the base for a minute, but gets picked off by Juan on the front stairs. VU make it 2-1.

As a result of having played like trash Hazz sits out and lets better people play in his stead. Third Round ULK defends Printworks. As I was a spectator, I didn't notice all that much, but we got picked off slowly but surely and the last thing I remember was like 3-4 VU's standing on the checkpoint with Sephiroth trying to rocket them from below. VU takes the round again.

Now this is where I'm hazy, not sure what VU defended next. I think it went  2-3 for ULK though. Then 3-3, then 4-3 for VU and 5-3 for VU. Meanwhile players come and go and get swapped out, I get to play and Amenine plays for VU. Now at this point I would like to mention that before the match I heard a lot of doubt among people as to ULK's chances of winning this, and while I remained fairly optimistic throughout, when the score hit 5-3 for VU (with them 1 point away from winning), I have to admit, I despaired too.

But we turned the tides and ULK bring it back up to 5-5 again. So we go on until the difference is 2 points. Both teams win their attacking rounds twice and it ends up 7-7. After having played for nigh 3 hours and like the old farts ULK are, we're getting tired and ask for a last deciding LMS. Juan agrees to it.

First attempt at the LMS fails due to poor luck or circumstance. So we try again. Hazz being disappointed at having to give up the first try on a 3vs4 man ULK lead, whines a lot, while rest of ULK are still fully confident. After a very fat spectator (okay, the skin is fat) manages to suitably and very stupidly block Zegro's line of fire in a tiny corridor, Zegro gets picked off by one of VU's after the fattie absorbs all his shots. Mild rage ensues, but in a few seconds he tells us with confidence still unhindered: "f*ck it, just win." And that's how it goes.

Probably the most intense match I've ever played, MTA or VC-MP. Really close game. As for man of the match, it's gotta be either Zegro or Gudio (or Veteran if/when he was sniping). The sniper battles determined the outcome of nearly every round.

Game was good, really well played VU.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:35:09 pm by biohazard »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Avenger

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2012, 07:53:43 pm »

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2012, 08:22:12 pm »
Fantastic, congratulations both sides. I only wish I could have been there to see it. A fucking lightning storm took out the power on my train so I had to stand around for hours waiting for a diesel one to come along and take me the rest of my journey. I got back in pretty much exactly when the match ended.

Nice round up Hazz
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:29:50 pm by Charley »

Writer of excessively long posts

Sephiroth

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2012, 09:38:24 pm »
well done to both sides. this was probably my worst game of a/d ever and I'm ashamed of my poor performance and decision-making.
Cannot rate own posts

morphine

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 09:44:30 pm »
yeah congratulations and thanks to zegro for being the genius of the tournament. without him, the tournament would totally have failed. I suggest that he should be in charge of every fucking thing on vc-mp soon enough.

good match, can't be assed to make a report, you all were there and you know how it went.

Nadeem

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2012, 03:41:05 am »
Oh ULK Won
Good Game both clans

Ajeet

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2012, 05:33:35 am »
gratz to both sides..

buda

« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2012, 05:25:35 pm »
yeah not a bad final at all kinda equal, though i think we would have won 100% if that wallglitch wasnt allowed, lol thats like wallhacking but anyway since it was allowed nothing to complain about to be honest, what i didnt like and i found very lame was olvido bugkilling metalord in the very first round, didnt realy expect it from olvido so it kinda shocked me
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:41:21 pm by buda »
Cannot rate own posts

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2012, 07:18:35 pm »
Nice to see it was a close match atleast. And yea I completely agree with juan on this:
i think we would have won 100% if that wallglitch wasnt allowed