login
April 27, 2024, 05:56:13 am

Author Topic: Group T Problem  (Read 1332 times)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Group T Problem
« on: August 29, 2020, 01:33:14 pm »

No player from Group T has shown any interest in the event, hence we can not progress anyone to the next stage.

Charley made a good suggestion:
What will happen once the group stage deadline is gone, and some groups haven't completed  enough matches to qualify one or more participants to progress?

Will players from other groups with high points be considered to fill their places? Asking for a friend :angel:

So, me and Siezer went through the matches to evaluate Players who are in 3rd position and completed their matches very promptly. We are going to select 2 such players who will qualify for the next stage.

• [SS]DaviD: He was one of the first to play all matches. He was also hard done in his match against Razor when the Jitter script was buggy.
  • _keLvin: Completed his matches very quickly.
  • [VU_R]Nyon: Completed his matches very quickly.
  • [VU]Charley: Completed his matches very quickly. Also came up with this suggestion
  • [VU]Tobi0: Completed his matches very quickly.

We need to select 2 from the 5 above.

@David, kelvin, Nyon, Charley, Tobi0
Are you still interested in the next stage? To be honest, I would be glad if any of you want to pass, will make my job much easier.  ;D
Winner Winner x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
Re: Group T Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 02:15:38 pm »
I think you should choose the statistically highest scoring 3rd place players.

By that, I mean those players who ended in 3rd place but with the highest round wins/points.

IMO this would be fairer instead of just going by "who finished their matches the quickest".

Would this change the list in any way?
Agree Agree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 03:09:58 pm »
I think you should choose the statistically highest scoring 3rd place players.

By that, I mean those players who ended in 3rd place but with the highest round wins/points.

IMO this would be fairer instead of just going by "who finished their matches the quickest".

Would this change the list in any way?
Not much. I can only count groups where all matches are done, hence it eventually comes down to "who finished their matches the quickest":

[VU_T]Scalla   28
[VU_R]Nyon   22
_keLvin   31
[VU]Tobi0   17
[SS]DaviD   33
[VU]Charley   31
[MKs]Ibee*PL   29

The highest players statistically are David, Charley and Kelvin. Charley and Kelvin are tied on second.
Maybe we could have Charley vs Kelvin duel as a decider  ;D
Late Late x 1 (list)

David.

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 03:52:58 pm »
Yes Im interesed I want to play

[R3V]Kelvin

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2020, 03:53:35 pm »
yes

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2020, 01:15:20 am »
David and kelvin have been advanced to the elimination stage.