March 29, 2024, 01:09:33 pm

Author Topic: Are men being discriminated against?  (Read 3689 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Are men being discriminated against?
« on: May 13, 2012, 03:54:54 pm »
There is a book coming out about discrimination against men, quite a taboo topic. This article sums up a few of its general points. It's a very interesting read and so are its comments below.

So, are men discriminated against? Is it right to call them the new 'Second Sex'?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Are men being discriminated against?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 06:54:22 pm »
True dat man.
Women are fucking manipulators, we can't even take a piss without them telling us how to fucking do it (metaforically speaking).
There's only one magic sentence that can end their crap in a second, and that magic sentence is:

Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Shadow

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 08:03:11 pm »
Well, I guess men are somehow discriminated, now I do not wanna be gay, ( if you are going to post this, then you better remove your own topic before someone else does ) but men have more limits than women, like, men should not be fat, should not wear anything pink or red at all ( considered gay, guys are somehow forced to obey society rules ), men should not wear women clothes, women can wear men clothes, srsly. Now, not taking it as : " I WANNA GO MAKEUP AND DO WOMEN MOVE TILL GUY FALL IN LOVE SO WE CAN GO AROUND AND SAY WERE A GREAT COUPLE " but think how much limits shall we stand, however, the more limits, the more men go to women side, if you can say it this way, so, the man should work his way against the society / pro society and shall obey / disobey all "Society Rules".

Women can have every single thing we "MEN" have, but not vice-versa ( REPEATING, not gay thinking )
Cannot rate own posts

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 08:45:27 pm »
Well I think to argue that we are becoming the 'second sex' is kinda absurd. Here's a few counter-facts:

Women work 3/5 working hours but earn less than 10% of the world's income and own only 1% of the world's property.

I think the more reasonable argument is that there is a significant amount of discrimination against women, and if not discrimination then inequality in the opportunities accessible to women; but that there is also some forms of discrimination against men. Some feminists tend to ignore the fact that there are disadvantages in both sexes.

I think the argument is a bit deeper than who can wear what; it's about who can live a better or worse life and why.

One point I did find quite interesting is that we are all suffering or succeeding in one form or another under a patriarchal society, which I think is completely true. We've made our bed and now we must lie in it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:47:15 pm by Charley »

buda

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 11:46:46 pm »
i dont care as long as they let me destroy their pussies, if they dont then i agree with you all
Cannot rate own posts

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 05:46:42 am »
indeed men being discrimanted

Gurgaon: Caught on camera - a group of men being slapped by angry female passengers of the Gurgaon Metro.The men tried to travel in a coach reserved for women on the Delhi-Gurgaon line on Thursday night. The security staff joined the women in assaulting the men.

proof-->

that guy just entered the woman coach by mistake and they started t beat him so badly wtf

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 09:29:33 am »
Heh the train system in India is a good point Ryne. I found myself in quite an irritating situation when I was there:

We got to a train station and found that our train had been delayed for 5 hours (normal), it was dark so we had to wait inside. There were no seats in the main station part but there were two waiting rooms; the 'womens' waiting room and the 'general' waiting room. The women's waiting room was almost empty, but there were no seats left in the general waiting room. This would be okay, if it were not for the fact that half of the people sitting on the seats in the general waiting room were women.

This meant we had to sit on the concrete floor for 5 hours whilst the women gazed on, knowing that they were taking seats where they could just move to others. It was really quite annoying.

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 09:42:24 am »
so disgraceful for India  that Foreigner Tourists faced so much difficulty and wtf waiting room for only 'womens' ,if their is separate waiting room for womens why not for mens then?uh 

This meant we had to sit on the concrete floor for 5 hours whilst the women gazed on, knowing that they were taking seats where they could just move to others. It was really quite annoying.
indeed f**king annoying
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 09:44:22 am by Ryne »

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 11:15:57 am »
Simple thing, women are ruling the men.

Old times men ruled everything, now women's leg on us.

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 11:30:36 am »
“Woman once made equal to man becomes his superior” - Socrates (469 BC – 399 BC)

I originally wanted to post something huge regarding this issue, but I decided to keep it short.

In reality men have many physical, mental and social advantages over women. But so do women over men.
But at the end of the day women have one giant advantage that triumphs everything.

SEX

Men can't live without it while women can easily be conservative on it and use it to manipulate us.

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

Midiox

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 11:38:51 am »
No man can live without women and opposite is true (Can not be for a man to leave the sex  O0)

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 02:28:54 pm »
+1 skirmant

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 07:50:54 pm »
“Woman once made equal to man becomes his superior” - Socrates (469 BC – 399 BC)

I originally wanted to post something huge regarding this issue, but I decided to keep it short.

In reality men have many physical, mental and social advantages over women. But so do women over men.
But at the end of the day women have one giant advantage that triumphs everything.

SEX

Men can't live without it while women can easily be conservative on it and use it to manipulate us.
Well mate, you've got a long way to go. It's a fact women like and want sex more than men, even 'tho they try to hide that, due to it being a stereotypical comment on men.

And charley, about wat you said, about women owning 1%of the property in the world, perhaps it's true, BUT THEY'RE THE ONES WHO FUCKING RUN IT. Women come home from work earlier and do wat they want. Mensos come home tired and wanna go fuck and go to bed. so they pretty much do whatever the fuck they want.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 08:30:49 pm by ferrari32 »

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 07:59:14 pm »
I'm not really sure that sex has much to do with it. If you look at the history of the world's most powerful women, very few of them have been attractive; they have fought their way up the ladder rather than slept their way up the ladder.

Take Margaret Thatcher, Hilary Clinton or Angela Merkel for instance.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2012, 08:31:37 pm »
I'm not really sure that sex has much to do with it. If you look at the history of the world's most powerful women, very few of them have been attractive; they have fought their way up the ladder rather than slept their way up the ladder.

Take Margaret Thatcher, Hilary Clinton or Angela Merkel for instance.
Hillary Clinton? She proally fucked the whole washington d.c.