login
April 28, 2024, 05:51:12 pm

Author Topic: what vcmp would've been if....  (Read 3898 times)

Rest

• Regular
    • View Profile
Re: what vcmp would've been if....
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2020, 09:03:59 am »
I as a Asian player am hosting a tdm server for Asian players, we host events, play and compete, and the playercount isn't stopping. One of the scripters has developed a client script to display Chinese(other language soon maybe), it is expected to get more players.
Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

I may be a slow-walker but I am always walking.

Sezar

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2020, 10:42:19 am »
I as a Asian player am hosting a tdm server for Asian players, we host events, play and compete, and the playercount isn't stopping. One of the scripters has developed a client script to display Chinese(other language soon maybe), it is expected to get more players.

nice, I'll play once it's hosted. You can get bahrain host maybe  ;D
Agree Agree x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2020, 12:38:35 pm »

nice, I'll play once it's hosted. You can get bahrain host maybe  ;D
Go for bahrain if you can afford @Rest. Player count won't stop I believe.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Smok3

• Fanatic
  • The Smokeraptor ϟϟ
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2020, 06:47:44 pm »
Asian players used to get 20-80 ping?
 ???

HONEY SINGH WOULD BE HERE REPA YOUU ASS yaaaaar  >:D
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2020, 03:00:47 am »
I thought that this was some sort of new minigame topic where players could put their own "what would have happened?" thoughts related to VC:MP. Sad.

Question - edit by Charley

Example: What would have happened if ULK had never been split.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 10:05:22 am by Charley »
Agree Agree x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2020, 03:31:07 am »
I thought that this was some sort of new minigame topic where players could put their own "what would have happened?" thoughts related to VC:MP. Sad.

Cool idea! @Sezar, do you mind if we hijack your thread for this forum game?

My answer to Calhoun's question would be: if ULK still existed, VC:MP would be much more toxic than it is right now. Open racism, homophobia, sexism and aggression would be more common, and newbies would aspire to these values. Clan wars would also be more interesting, though.

But ULK was never going to be able to sustain its old vs new player dynamic. If it hadn't split then, because of Aki, it would have split some other time further down the line. Many of the old-school ULKs treated the new ones like shit. There was a pretty harsh hierarchy, even if the 'new' members had been in the clan for years, the old ones would always assert their authority over them. There's no way that this could have been sustained.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 03:34:14 am by Charley »
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

Sezar

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2020, 04:46:11 am »
I won't mind if you can generate mini game from my idea it's cool indeed

umar4911

• Likes to post
  • =EK=UmaR^
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2020, 05:46:19 am »
When I used to locally host my server and port forward it, Pakistani players used to get 30 - 40 ping in there.

Rift_Walk3R

• Fanatic
  • Miami Killers & Co.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2020, 07:40:57 am »
When I used to locally host my server and port forward it, Pakistani players used to get 30 - 40 ping in there.

Man no use of that hard work cuz majority of Pakistani Players will still lag even with 30-40 ms ping. Reason? Well you know... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

GoRcEE

• Crazy Man
  • Paid my dues
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2020, 12:14:03 pm »
Funny thing is that ppl don't understand about lag and delay. They only cry on someone's high ping but don't learn to shoot according to delay. We can't do anything because of different ISPs in Pakistan and distance from host, just as south americans with 200ms+ ping.

VC:MP is still on its place, you need to learn it. Regardless, point is less ping and less delay. In today's community moderators act like developer, heh.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 12:19:06 pm by GoRcEE »

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2020, 12:45:59 pm »

Cool idea! @Sezar, do you mind if we hijack your thread for this forum game?

My answer to Calhoun's question would be: if ULK still existed, VC:MP would be much more toxic than it is right now. Open racism, homophobia, sexism and aggression would be more common, and newbies would aspire to these values. Clan wars would also be more interesting, though.

But ULK was never going to be able to sustain its old vs new player dynamic. If it hadn't split then, because of Aki, it would have split some other time further down the line. Many of the old-school ULKs treated the new ones like shit. There was a pretty harsh hierarchy, even if the 'new' members had been in the clan for years, the old ones would always assert their authority over them. There's no way that this could have been sustained.

there is still that lame ULK spin-off called WK so it doesnt matter, its easy to see how well Tical taught them in their trolling, racist and toxic duties xD.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2020, 04:30:19 am »
Question

What would VC:MP have been if we'd reopened XE at the beginning of 2020?

Writer of excessively long posts

Sezar

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2020, 04:49:02 am »
Question

If they get a strong leader, they would rose again.

Jokah

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Tomorrow is a loser's excuse, do it today.
    • View Profile
    • Vice City Cops & Robbers
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2020, 06:56:20 am »
Question

I doubt it will work out, there is already a proper functioning DM server in VCMP. EC is more than enough for the current playerbase of VCMP. XE should only be reopened in two cases either VCMP has more playercount and 1 server that is EC isn't enough or if EC is not doing their job perfectly and not being fair in terms of judgements. It is clearly obvious that neither of these is the case. Thus, even if XE is reopened, it will be waste of time and dedication. What the players are really craving for is something new, that is what the VCMP scripters should be looking at when they are looking forward to script a server, and if the script and the gamemode is good enough, the server will work out.
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

VCCNR Developer | VCDC 6 Coordinator | VU since 2015

Think 100 times before you take a decision, but once that decision is taken, stand by it as one man. - M.

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2020, 07:48:06 am »
Funny thing is that ppl don't understand about lag and delay. They only cry on someone's high ping but don't learn to shoot according to delay. We can't do anything because of different ISPs in Pakistan and distance from host, just as south americans with 200ms+ ping.
There are some people they lag more than South American players even with stable 130 ping and 60 fps and still unhitable, Even Rodrigo is hitable with 290 ping but these 130 pingers aren't.
Funny Funny x 5 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Credits : KocKex