login
April 30, 2024, 10:15:21 pm

Author Topic: help for a friend!  (Read 351 times)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
help for a friend!
« on: May 04, 2019, 05:58:45 pm »
"I press F2 at startup, I type the admin password and get into bios, I want to change some boot settings for some bootable drive stuff but I can't change anything and everything is greyed out, help"

not everything though, some highlighted in blue allow me to change them, but others aren't

as far as I can tell it is set to "view only state" with admin password "installed" but user's is not.

My motherboard is Intel D945GNT.

any help is appreciated, please sacrifice some of your time to help solve a fellow friend's problem and make him happy. I'd be so grateful to you.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Siete

• gagaed
    • View Profile
Re: help for a friend!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 06:43:17 pm »
father put password on bios you need ask uncle google or ask uncle  kartikey
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 06:50:06 pm »
hi, you're too intelligent to need our help, i know you'll come up with something. good luck  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:52:07 pm by Thomas »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 08:59:20 pm »
That motherboard is like 14 years old. Christ.

Anyways, try removing the cmos battery and wait for a few minutes (like 10). It should reset all BIOS settings, including the password.

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 09:17:48 pm »
I know the password, I always type it right but that seems to have no effect;

try removing the cmos battery and wait for a few minutes
I won't dare touching hardware, especially when it comes to something so sensitive that it can cause severe damage if not handled carefully, I am paranoid and I am not going to risk anything whatsoever.

Edit: I just figured out it is a problem of bios password, I don't remember putting a password for bios, and I thought it is the same one used for the main administrator user account.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 09:47:33 pm by PANZER24 »

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 11:24:57 am »
If you want to fix this than you have to remove a jumper from your Motherboard for  like a mint and start your PCand go into bios settings then turn it off again and plug the Jumper back. It will reset your bios settings even the password too.

It won't effect your PC, The jumper color is blue , green or black and If you don't know what a jumper is then google "Motherboard Jumper"

PS: I have also done that on my Dell Motherboard it worked for me.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 11:26:28 am by SMD »
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Credits : KocKex

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 11:49:27 am »
Thanks for the replies, but I am keeping those solutions as my last choice,

I read about some program that is called "CMOS De-animator" and it is said to be effective in resetting CMOS settings, I am just here to ask you about its legitimacy, since you are more experienced than me.

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Thomas

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2019, 03:44:43 pm »
Thanks for the replies, but I am keeping those solutions as my last choice,

I read about some program that is called "CMOS De-animator" and it is said to be effective in resetting CMOS settings, I am just here to ask you about its legitimacy, since you are more experienced than me.

Our opinions do not matter to you, you'll just resist anything one of us says so you're better off with google.

if you were to ask me i'd go with

That motherboard is like 14 years old. Christ.

Anyways, try removing the cmos battery and wait for a few minutes (like 10). It should reset all BIOS settings, including the password.

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2019, 06:43:06 pm »
Our opinions do not matter to you, you'll just resist anything one of us says so you're better off with google.
I thought I apologized about that;
I didn't ignore your replies, I just considered them to be a "last resort" due to some personal reasons that are restricting my freedom to mess with such things, like CMOS battery or blue jumpers in motherboard.

anyway, I've come across the fact that even removing the CMOS battery and putting it back won't reset the password, unless if it was an old motherboard that can't keep data once this happens, is this true?

Thanks for your replies

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Thomas

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 07:12:54 pm »
I thought I apologized about that;
I didn't ignore your replies, I just considered them to be a "last resort" due to some personal reasons that are restricting my freedom to mess with such things, like CMOS battery or blue jumpers in motherboard.

anyway, I've come across the fact that even removing the CMOS battery and putting it back won't reset the password, unless if it was an old motherboard that can't keep data once this happens, is this true?

Thanks for your replies

CMOS reset will wipe every setting off from your motherboard including passwords, clock and BIOS settings.
so if that doesn't work, considering replacing your pc or you're stuck with this problem until your freedom comes in.

Removing battery only, might not resolve the issue of passwords getting reset.
EDIT: in some desktops, there's yellow button instead of jumper.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 07:18:16 pm by Thomas »

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 08:54:35 pm »
unless if it was an old motherboard that can't keep data once this happens, is this true?
The motherboard you're talking about is crazy old, I think it ticks that box doesn't it.

The point of a BIOS password is so people can't mess with it without either knowing the password or being able to access the hardware.
So no, you can't remove the BIOS password with some program running within windows.

If you're not able to open up the computer, or feel comfortable with the hardware, bring the PC to someone who does.
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Saim

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Crazy Man
  • Life is Torment
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2019, 03:13:22 am »
I won't dare touching hardware, especially when it comes to something so sensitive that it can cause severe damage if not handled carefully, I am paranoid and I am not going to risk anything whatsoever.

You are sensitive like me ex-girlfriend, egh If you cannot do it so you should go to repairman he can help you. by the way thijn and SMD told you the accurate solution of your problem , If you remove CMOS cell from your PC so there will be no change, you need to broke jumper If you can't so you need to go market for checking.

"All hope is gone"

Credits to me