login
April 20, 2024, 10:30:47 am

Author Topic: Server Config  (Read 2114 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Server Config
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:05:12 pm »
We've decided to make the server config public, so you can test out the bases:

http://pastebin.com/z2gqXL0V
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:03:04 pm by Cutton »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Server Config
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 01:02:07 am »
Thanks for providing the server.conf i've been checking the bases and there's a few things i don't find fair with the bases.

• On the blue base the back entrance should be blocked, since the red base has only 1 entrance and the the blue base has 2 overall, plus, that back entrance can even be accessed on foot.

• -On the blue base the barracks should be blocking the main front entrance, not the one on the far left side, i say this because in comparison to the red team's base, when you enter the scrapyard base you can't directly shoot inside the warehouse (which is where the pickup will be I assume),you have to run trough some stuff to get a view of the inside of the warehouse, and when it comes to the blue base you have a direct and straight view to the inside of the studio warehouse from the front entrance and can easily shoot inside, so the open entrance in the studio base should the one on the far left side.

• When blocking the entrance on the blue base put 4 barracks overall, 2 on the floor and 2 on top of those, because if you put 2 only, it's very easy to pass to the other side. People arrive in a car, park him near the 2 barracks, get on top of the car and easily jump over.

• 2 Pickups should be added on the blue base to teleport players to the top of  2 warehouses there (Like SvM). Why? Because on the red base there's 2 high points from where ppl can snipe, where on the blue base there's 0. Adding this 2 pickups would make it even.

This points would make the bases more fair with one another.

PS:Hope you don't take this as flaming as most people seem to take my posts for some reason....

[/list]
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 10:03:46 am »
Some fair points NewK.

But as you see, the other entrance of Blue base is very narrow.
It will be impossible to enter a small gate if 5 guys are blazing guns at it 24/7

Also, Its not possible to block the gate with 4 Barracks.
afaik, Cars cant be spawned on top of each other. (But im not sure)

About Pickups.
If you have a PCJ, you can access any roof of Prawn Island :)
but IMO, a pickup would be fair, since we can access vantage points on foot at Red base.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 10:29:15 am »
There is actually 2 entrances to both. There is one big enough for cars, one big enough for on-foot or bike. The trashyard secondary entrance is little known, I'll give directions:

Go through the main entrance, go around the wall that faces you. In front of you and slightly to the right there is an opening in the wall to an area boxed in by heaps of black cars. If you stand in the entrance to this area then look in the top left corner, there is a gap in the heaps. Run through it.

Indeed I agree we should block the first entrance, the entrance is currently blocked with 3 barracks OL's, I'll try it out with 6 but I don't think it'll work.

Edit- Tried blocking off the first entrance with 4, works a treat. New config: http://pastebin.com/fxs39bei
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 12:56:21 pm by Cutton »

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 07:57:51 pm »
Alright thanks for listening bases are more even now.  :)

Btw i was checking the blue base and there's access to some roofs on foot, so there's no need for pickups.

EDIT: I would also like to ask if we(players) are allowed to block some entrance with cars, like getting inside the cars and putting them there by ourselves, i ask this because i think someone would remember doing it at some point. And if this is allowed, please remember to disallow players bugging vehicles to into the walls like with the barracks in the blue base. Because players with the permissions of spawning cars (the ones that won the logo competition) can bug vehicles into entrances and make it impossible to pass by. This can also happen if the pickup is in an inside area, players could bug vehicles into the walls of those inside areas, making it impossible to get the pickup.

EDIT2: Also noticed there's a bugged skimmer on the blue base. The one on the right side, near the bridge. A part of it is inside the wooden surface, making it impossible to take it, please look into it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 06:08:22 am by NewK »

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 01:02:58 pm »
New server config with stairs blocked in blue base:

http://pastebin.com/z2gqXL0V

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 04:51:37 am »
Alright, the red team doesn't have stairs inside their warehouse like the blue team, so it's a fair point.

Still would like to know about this:

EDIT: I would also like to ask if we(players) are allowed to block some entrance with cars, like getting inside the cars and putting them there by ourselves, i ask this because i think someone would remember doing it at some point. And if this is allowed, please remember to disallow players bugging vehicles to into the walls like with the barracks in the blue base. Because players with the permissions of spawning cars (the ones that won the logo competition) can bug vehicles into entrances and make it impossible to pass by. This can also happen if the pickup is in an inside area, players could bug vehicles into the walls of those inside areas, making it impossible to get the pickup.