login
March 28, 2024, 07:15:55 pm

Author Topic: Vw7 staff explain please  (Read 2827 times)

Zeeshan.Bhatti

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Vw7 staff explain please
« on: July 08, 2018, 06:30:44 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDq8X3BCknw&feature=youtu.be

Whom we blame for all this, is it a bug or someone used hidden commands to stop these team scores, watch the video carefully the score was stopped for more than 8-9 minutes which is just in this 10 min clip but it was for more than that, how come this started working when EAF Affenster started shouting in main chat which is also mentioned in this 10 min clip.
This is really shameful act if it was done through misuse of commands, this was just in my recording and i played for not more than 8 hours in a whole day what about rest of the hours? Still a Questioned to be answered.
Funny Funny x 3 Informative Informative x 11 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Current Experience: EC Admin.
Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Referee, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Referee, ECKO Management, EYE4 Referee.
TRC Member - Since 03, May, 2017

KILLERX.

Re: Vw7 staff explain please
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 07:03:33 pm »
And our(Triumrivate) scores were decreased from 14k to 13k without any ban or anything WHY WHY WHY WHY?????
Cannot rate own posts

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 07:12:32 pm »
I also experienced this. It was strange, after the restart by Hotdog, score started running but before that it was stuck for quite a lot time, as in Zee's video.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 07:23:59 pm »
Seemed like it was a bug. For the feedback in the chat of Triumvirate and Wolf Pack making kills, their scores didn't move much either. A lag in the score system probably, they each had their own timers that updated the GUI, perhaps those crashed. Be that as it may, the addition of points is event based (on kills, on captures, on deaths etc.) so even if the GUI is lagging behind, I don't expect the scores to be incorrect in the database, which would show the appropriate score after Hotdogcat's restart.

I can assure you we have no way of "pausing" anyone's score. We can't even edit it via script if say we lost the score, never made any command to do so.

And our(Triumrivate) scores were decreased from 14k to 13k without any ban or anything WHY WHY WHY WHY?????

All deductions from Triumvirate were because of player bans. When a player gets banned, the points they contributed goes with it until they are unbanned and pretty much none of them were. There was one instance I can remember off my head where [KF]Grayson got banned for UID mismatch due to =KF=T. trying to access his account. The account was left banned as a result. Then there were admins banning Triumvirate members continuously breaking the rules. Long story short, all of that is accounted for.
Disagree Disagree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

ElvenKing

• Crazy Man
  • [MK]Berkay_Khan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 07:36:37 pm »
In that video, it seems like @zeeshan's chat was bugged like you see when he gets killed, there's no kill message in his screen. Similarly, those scores also did not get update in his screen. I don't know if that bug occurs due to internet lag or something, but i don't think that score thingy was done intentionally, like obvio they won't really go that low, lol.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 10:04:05 pm by ELK »
Agree Agree x 3 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

The Golden Horde

#Wr#blix#

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2018, 08:12:48 pm »
Talking about bans- can anyone make a list of all players from all teams banned during the event containing reasons and amount of points lost?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:15:32 pm by #Wr#blix# »

ZUBI

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2018, 08:31:02 pm »
Talking about bans- can anyone make a list of all players from all teams banned during the event containing reasons and amount of points lost?

Actually i think that need to be added them in statistics.

Credits : Berkley/Gohan

hotdogcat

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • The Don
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2018, 08:41:02 pm »
adolf_hitler - Death Evading
=f2=killer_frost - continuing to throw grenades on spawn after several warnings
[kf]grayson - Uid Mismatch
mks.qarz - stats padding
=trc=fulton_619 - bug abuse
rk.santiago15_pro - since you wont listen (close range RPG without care)
?(User id 258) - spamming, retarded
[sm]kim4. - double account with DoggiBroZ
ins.force - UID Mismatch
[NAR]Anthony - UID Mismatch
zeodex - F1 Hack

IDK if the list is full since there are much bans
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 08:47:33 pm by GangstaRas »

Credits to Bart.

Zeeshan.Bhatti

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 05:10:19 am »

I'm still confused if the server was bugged why only Triumvirates score was running fine and other teams score were stopped and why the exact time when EAF Affanster said in main chat 'why scores aren't working' after few seconds score was working, isn't this a big point?? Took at the video again dude.

Yeah, I was aware of it already, minimized game for some minutes and came back again that happens to all of us not a big deal.
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Past Experience: LG Dev, VCDM Dev, SDC Admin, AvT Admin, Skylarks Admin, Skylarks cnr, ECS Admin.
Events:  EC Championship Referee, EC Ladder Admin, ViceWar VI Admin, EYE 3 Referee, ECKO Management, EYE4 Referee.

Luckshya

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 05:39:35 am »
The score didn't reduce by 1000, it reduced by 300. I talked to krys about it and I've even told him that why it reduced was because of iNs.Force's account getting banned for UID mismatch. If you want proofs, you can let me know.

I'm still confused if the server was bugged why only Triumvirates score was running fine and other teams score were stopped and why the exact time when EAF Affanster said in main chat 'why scores aren't working' after few seconds score was working, isn't this a big point?? Took at the video again dude.

Yeah, I was aware of it already, minimized game for some minutes and came back again that happens to all of us not a big deal.
--Removed--
Look below at aXXo's explaination.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 06:10:27 am by Luckshya »

Credits to Pumak47

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 06:03:57 am »
For the sake of transparency, you can see a log of scores in this sheet: (Privacy Warning: Google spreadsheet. Open in new Incognito/Private window if you don't want your GMail account displayed on the list of viewers)
Score Data

Scores indeed froze at 11:17:23(Row 30) and progressed very slowly till 11:34:36(row 228).

Why is Triumvirate only gaining points? Check 'Bases Controlled', it will explain that the ticking score was working and kills points were frozen. Triumvirate is holding the bases, so they get 1 point per base every 20 seconds.

You will notice that it became normal after the server was restarted. Server restart happened at 11:34:36, as you can see all the bases captured turned to 0 and there is a sudden drop in number of player per team.

I hope this will explain that there was no malicious intent from any staff member. This was just an unfortunate incident related to scripts. Shit happens. Fuck vito. Don't join VKs.
Agree Agree x 16 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

Zeeshan.Bhatti

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 07:39:37 am »
Thanks for the explanation and clarification we need you in vw8. You are the best in these stuff to be honest.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 08:09:26 am »
Thanks for the explanation and clarification we need you in vw8. You are the best in these stuff to be honest.

He's still supervising but the mantle has to be passed down at some point. Have you seen aXXo's age? Life is knocking on the door of all us old folks
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 14 (list)

ZUBI

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 08:21:07 am »
Life is knocking on the door of all us old folks

Really? I don't think so :o :o :o
Funny Funny x 4 (list)

Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2018, 08:52:37 am »
Life is knocking on the door of all us old folks

Really? I don't think so :o :o :o
You can't get old ZUBI, xD
Agree Agree x 6 (list)

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(