April 27, 2024, 06:02:42 pm

Poll

What frame rate & limit you think is best for Vice War?

30 FPS locked; 20 FPS min
7 (26.9%)
Up to 60 FPS; 20 FPS min
5 (19.2%)
30 FPS locked; 30 FPS min
2 (7.7%)
Up to 60 FPS; 30 FPS min
12 (46.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Improving Future Vice Wars  (Read 16059 times)

ZUBI

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Improving Future Vice Wars
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2016, 04:32:25 pm »
Option 1. 30 FPS locked; 20 FPS min will be fair for every player, but if its under 20 then its unplayable
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Credits : Berkley/Gohan

Tom

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2016, 04:40:20 pm »
It's funny and sad at the same time how people that are far from practical gaming decide for everyone how to play.
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2016, 01:29:15 pm »
Hmm, honestly not sure how this will effect player count of Vice War but majority vole rules; the people have chosen and we will perform. The next Vice War will be up to 60 FPS; 30 FPS min
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

KakaroT

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2016, 02:14:54 pm »
Hmm, honestly not sure how this will effect player count of Vice War but majority vole rules; the people have chosen and we will perform. The next Vice War will be up to 60 FPS; 30 FPS min
so locked? or optional ?

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2016, 03:01:50 pm »

What does 30 FPS MIN mean? That people will be kicked for having average FPS below 30?

Yes that is what it means

so locked? or optional ?
Its optional of course, can play FL on and hold nothing but 30 fps or FL off and play within the range of 30 - 60 fps. Enforcing this will not be super super sensitive however because at every death scene, no matter how good your PC is, if you playing with FL on you tend to dip to about 26 fps for a split moment when the screen whites out. People that can hold 60 fps do not have this issue, a dip yes but to about like 58 fps
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:10:51 pm by GangstaRas »

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2016, 04:27:11 pm »
The way I see it, the only way out of the mess that is currently being piled up on is to force frame rates for all players to either 30 or 60, and given the PC performance of a select few players that we had witnessed, I believe the former option would be the safest and least nerve breaking.

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2016, 05:41:24 pm »
As you guys debate this equality stuff, theres something I think you guys are missing. Where are the complaints about these issues in this Vice War? Did anyone cared about the physics consistency, heli launch speed, the rare random health loss from sidewalks whilst playing the 24 hours? I didnt see anyone say "in this Vice War all I had happening were people who heli started too quickly, guys doing glitches I cant do" and so on, the closest thing is the scroll wheel switch which they can personally help themselves to by running FL on 30 fps. All anyone cared about during the event were the persons below 20 fps that were visibly acting up as they are desynced. So if you ask me, if the people were ok with the potential inconsistency that they didnt even notice, why is it so big a concern? the only true concern then is the cut-off point we allow.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2016, 06:51:01 pm »
Go rambo in a helicopter
Kill 2-3 peeps
Commit suicide
Gain money
Lose no money
Lose no points
Lose no motion (ok but seriously)

For the sake of Vice war VI, I just want that people should not abuse heli killing like they did in this vice war.

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2016, 09:09:11 pm »
Go rambo in a helicopter
Kill 2-3 peeps
Commit suicide
Gain money
Lose no money
Lose no points
Lose no motion (ok but seriously)

For the sake of Vice war VI, I just want that people should not abuse heli killing like they did in this vice war.
You did lose points on every death.
To be more precise, every death granted an additional point to the other team.
Players were supposed to lose cash too, but that was a bug in the script.

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2016, 12:30:52 am »
The FPS lag was not caused by the Airport custom glass, but due to all the cars that were dumped around the Airport. This explains why we never experienced lag during the testing phase because we only used a handful of cars. During the war, all the red and all the blue cars were parked around the Airport.

At the script update midway through the event, the vehicle idle respawn time was changed to 120 seconds, so vehicles would have spawned back at the bases more frequently. I suppose, that made the FPS situation better. This can further be improved by not having an almighty base that attracts a lot of attention.

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2016, 08:37:18 pm »
FPS discussion has been split from the topic.
Winner Winner x 2 (list)