login
April 27, 2024, 06:51:35 pm

Author Topic: [FAQ] UID Mismatch  (Read 447 times)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
[FAQ] UID Mismatch
« on: December 11, 2019, 02:44:10 pm »

UID Mismatch

• Q: What is UID Mismatch and what causes it?

A: UID mismatch is a mismatching of the unique ID tied to your ingame account from your PC system. The mismatch happens typically due to upgrades / reinstalls to your operating system, but it can also result from hardware changes such as changing your motherboard.

• Q: Why does UID mismatch result in a autoban?

A: We use UID to identify an account as a single, unique person that has registered for the event. We do not allow multiple ingame accounts by the same person, as such, UID mismatch is enforced by an automatic ban and locking of the account afflicted.

• Q: How do I unban my account?

A: To unban your account, create a new topic in the UID mismatch boards of the Reports section (click here for a quick link). If successfully unbanned, you will need to retake the benchmark tests and be reapproved in order to participate in the event.

Read carefully the sticky topics on updates, as in general, you can only make ONE unban request before we permanently lock your account.

• Q: Why do I need to retake the benchmark tests?

A: As stated, UID updates can also be a result from hardware changes; a participant may upgrade his system components in order to participate in the event. As a result, it is mandatory that you have to retake the benchmark tests and go over the approval process on your account. All previous benchmarks are erased upon account resetting.

• Q: I have sibling(s) that wish to participate in the event. We share computers, can we still participate?

A: Short answer is yes, they will be able to play. Long answer is it comes with some conditions. We must receive a notification of who this sibling is by detailing their account name and the servers that they play on. We will use these details to assess legitimacy. Details of Discord account better your chances of approval as well. If we are unsatisfied with the evidence presented, or if no evidence is presented at all, all associated accounts will be denied to participate in the event.

Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor