April 27, 2024, 04:45:48 pm

Author Topic: VCDC 6 ?  (Read 1776 times)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: VCDC 6 ?
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 04:56:54 pm »
I’d like the idea, but there are several improvements that should be done for this season. However, our best scripters are either inactive or too busy/lazy to make it happen for now
yea axxo was the one who handled the last vcdc season and he did a great job, i still have the hope he will check this topic at some point and see what he has to say.

however i don't think it would be much of a problem when it comes to the script since the one used in the last season could be used as well and new features etc could as well be discussed in here and implemented later if needed.
In my opinion, VCDC should be divided into
- VCDC West (Americas, Carribean, Pacific)
- VCDC Central (Europe, North Africa)
- VCDC East (Asia)

with servers hosted in different regions. To get rid of the lag debate.

I can host USA, Brazil, Germany, Bahrain, Singapore. That covers the globe pretty well and should put every VCMP player within 100 ping.

Regarding the script, I think the cage fight is pretty bland and boring. Should make some changes:
- Arena: Construction Yard(Demolition Man) middle floor with stairs blocked.
- Get rid of the round based fights. Start a single 5 minute brawl with constant respawns and the guy with more kills at the end wins.
- Weapons: Start with Stubby, reward choosable weapons with kill streaks. So, 3 kill spree reward Ruger/Shotgun. 4 kill spree reward M4/M60. 5 kill spree reward Spaz/Chainsaw. On death, reset to Stubby.
Agree Agree x 10 Disagree Disagree x 5 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2020, 07:42:22 pm »
I’d like the idea, but there are several improvements that should be done for this season. However, our best scripters are either inactive or too busy/lazy to make it happen for now
yea axxo was the one who handled the last vcdc season and he did a great job, i still have the hope he will check this topic at some point and see what he has to say.

however i don't think it would be much of a problem when it comes to the script since the one used in the last season could be used as well and new features etc could as well be discussed in here and implemented later if needed.
- VCDC East (Asia)

I can host USA, Brazil, Germany, Bahrain, Singapore. That covers the globe pretty well and should put every VCMP player within 100 ping.

pre dic ted
(5 years)

https://viceunderdogs.com/index.php?topic=5904.msg67307#msg67307
Two leagues:
The Laggy One and The Not So Laggy One.

By splitting the tournament between laggers and non-laggers (which might as well be completely arbitrary), you have circumvented most of the point of this event: to bring the community together.
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2020, 07:45:08 pm »

- VCDC East (Asia)

Regarding the script, I think the cage fight is pretty bland and boring. Should make some changes:
- Arena: Construction Yard(Demolition Man) middle floor with stairs blocked.
- Get rid of the round based fights. Start a single 5 minute brawl with constant respawns and the guy with more kills at the end wins.
- Weapons: Start with Stubby, reward choosable weapons with kill streaks. So, 3 kill spree reward Ruger/Shotgun. 4 kill spree reward M4/M60. 5 kill spree reward Spaz/Chainsaw. On death, reset to Stubby.

with all the respects that wouldnt be vcdc, i think its always good to implement new ideas and all of that but always respecting the base of the event and in this case that is 1v1.

what you said seems to be a very nice idea and could be a great event as well but then rename it or smth because that is not VCDC like i said...
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

Jellyfish

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2020, 09:22:03 pm »
We can have a compromise between the two, and have the winner of each region (the ones Axxo suggested) go against each other in the end.
Agree Agree x 2 Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2020, 11:53:55 pm »
Make all participants buy a plane ticket and play on LAN. We can do at kry house
Funny Funny x 10 Winner Winner x 1 Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

BliTz

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 01:36:37 am »
Make all participants buy a plane ticket and play on LAN. We can do at kry house
VCMP homecoming 2020

ElvenKing

• Crazy Man
  • [MK]Berkay_Khan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 03:54:34 am »
I'd say Bahrain host would be much better for Asians because i have noticed some pakistanies and indians have ping issues on Singapore hosted servers, or maybe we can have both :thumbsup:

The Golden Horde

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 10:02:48 am »
I think dividing the players would just take away from the experience. You have last VCDC to prove that, in the top 3 spots, 2 people were European.

As for the other changes, death to axxo
Agree Agree x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Silent

• Fanatic
  • Chainsaw and Spaz better than Any Explosives
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2020, 02:19:06 pm »
I support axxo idea of different regions cause unfortunately asians do lag a lot there I said it

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2020, 02:45:31 pm »
I support axxo idea of different regions cause unfortunately asians do lag a lot there I said it

As I know it was something already in previous edition, I mean regional servers.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 03:01:39 pm by Piterus »
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2020, 07:36:13 pm »

As I know it was something already in previous edition, I mean regional servers.
Yes, laggers were allowed to play on different regional servers. And then proceeded to play in european because lag is nice
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2020, 01:38:15 pm »
Last time people were divided into groups according to regions. So most laggers fought other laggers, while europeans had their duels in their own groups.
That is the reason we had so many Europeans qualifying for the elimination stage. Y'all would have had a short tournament if you were in Group P and L  O0

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2020, 02:05:44 pm »
Challenge fucking accepted, throw me in the laggiest group
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 4 Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2020, 04:06:21 pm »
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 18 (list)

Aegon

• Fanatic
  • Miami Killers
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2020, 04:39:50 pm »
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 04:42:03 pm by Aegon »