April 27, 2024, 09:47:06 am

Author Topic: Check this out  (Read 1499 times)

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Check this out
« on: January 15, 2021, 11:38:32 am »
https://forum.vc-mp.org/?topic=8266.0

Express your opinions here, please.
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Check this out
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 08:07:09 am »
Seems that Hunting is growing up!

Interesting to see him talking so much sense.
Agree Agree x 6 Funny Funny x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 2 Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 09:47:39 am »
Its good to have bugs like those fixed but in my opinion that is not a big deal nowadays in vcmp and since the 0.3z ghost shot sync removal. I find it pointless to do this  " brainstorm glitch or massive cglitching" because without 0.3z ghost shots apart from it not working at all it also makes you more predictable and slow. The key is to shoot less and to run more and eventually you will become better on "1v1" ( if this can even be called 1v1 fighting )

So thats what we got in vcmp these days, mostly shotgun whoring runners and M4/ruger spammers and if you ever dare to go stubby against them thats like doing /kill in 80% of cases. This could be easily fixed to encourage real 1v1 fights via re-adding the old 0.3z ghost shooting sync and shotgun runners would be long gone, this would make shotgun vs stubby duels much more balanced and interesting like these were in the past.

A good example of this is VCDC 1v1 tournament, the first 3 seasons took place in 0.3z ( two on R1 and one on R2 ) there were balanced shotgun vs stubby duels in all of them, furthermore there was a final between ajeet and tazz (shotgun player back then) at VCDC2 where stubby won over shotgun. These days it would be a miracle to see a stubby player defeating a shotgun player on VCDC finals.

Some good examples in VCDC are the 4,5 and 6 seasons of this 1v1 tournament that took place at 0.4 version. In all of them shotgun prevailed over stubby with an unreal and unfair dominance never seen before making it so unbalanced for stubby players. I do recall a few stubby players reaching final stages on VCDC5 ( like me or fercho, alarba etc). But back in the latest VCDC it was a continue shotgun fuckfest (apart from wr*blix who mostly used stubby).Shotgun being this dominant in 0.4 isnt a coincidence, this is a direct consequence of the 0.3z ghost shot sync removal.

I know VCMP developers think that 0.3 ghost shot sync was such a terrible and horrible bug that had to be removed doesnt matter what. A bug that was present from 2007(i guess, correct me if im wrong) to 2015. Yet I dont recall anyone complaining about this terrbile "bug" in fact i do recall people enjoying interesting and balanced 1v1 duels even in shotgun vs stubby. Yet this "bug" was taken away from VCMP without even asking the community players their thoughts regarding it in other to favor shotgun running and M4 whoring, no offense but this terrible "bug" was the feature that made 1v1 fighting to be balanced as could be easily seen on the VCDC examples i stated above. Re-adding this feature is a must if we wish to end Shotgun dominance over Stubby.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 09:57:05 am by JuaN. »
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

BliTz

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 11:35:39 am »
This is why I'm noob..
Funny Funny x 5 (list)

Silent

• Fanatic
  • Chainsaw and Spaz better than Any Explosives
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 11:47:09 am »
Shotgun is just better now. Stubby very bad, get with the modern times and stop living in the past
Disagree Disagree x 3 Funny Funny x 2 (list)

TrapHole.

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 12:41:34 pm »
I only remember the Slide bug i was pero pero in it but the vcmp developer fucked all with not good updates sadly
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Harold

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 06:30:17 pm »
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2021, 02:05:49 pm »
0.3z ghost shot sync removal

I might be wrong about this, but I don't think it was actively removed. If I remember rightly, 0.4 was a complete re-write, from the ground up, and the new sync system just doesn't have the ghost shot. This would also potentially mean that it can't be added back in? Someone with a better memory or up-to-date knowledge could correct me here.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

FuckTinG

• Banned
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2021, 03:03:39 pm »
well, I don't know..

the same was said with holding click and pressing space button, apparently when i played 0.4.7 this was fixed.
i didn't have in mind at that time that this bug would probably be fixed as well, lol if i recall shotgun was a lot better, so was stubby (when i played in CTF 0.4.7)

devs will have a fix for this anyway.. i took into account the broken anim that happens after repeated crouching is  the fault... which is only a problem of the improperly fix of C-glitch sliding (as you said, 0.4 came with a whole new sync, rewritten minus the crouch sliding, like we played in Vice war 4)

also i have to add: the same bug was happening when a player was shooting like this rapidly, but only with fast switch, his shots were not coming out, later it got fixed.. which turns out that there's a chance that not the ghost shot is the problem here..
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:07:39 pm by FuckTinG »
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 2 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 07:56:57 pm »
0.3z ghost shot sync removal

I might be wrong about this, but I don't think it was actively removed. If I remember rightly, 0.4 was a complete re-write, from the ground up, and the new sync system just doesn't have the ghost shot. This would also potentially mean that it can't be added back in? Someone with a better memory or up-to-date knowledge could correct me here.

Well not removed completely but its definitely not the same kind of ghost shot sync we had in 0.3z, its way harder to make them appear and work while fighting in 0.4. In my opinion the 0.3 ghost shot could be re-added if devs ever want to do it but i could be wrong as well.

FuckTinG

• Banned
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 10:22:41 pm »
well, as i said, the fault of 0.3z sync was mostly the slide that occured from firing c-glitch or repeated crouch shots ( every shot was being received but the animation was bugged )

yes, ghost shot can be re-added by making shots come out earlier then the actual shot came out, but let this be the last fix possible, i don't want any bug to be re-added in 0.4 honestly, it's just good as it is, the only thing missing is the rapid crouch fire and a lot of missing shots(that don't appear at all), which makes things a lot difficult ...
Agree Agree x 2 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

wdb2021

• View Profile
    • เว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ที่ดีที่สุด
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 07:23:37 am »
Steal a car and go chase It is already natural for this age.

Inferno69

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • 👀
    • View Profile
    • VFS
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2021, 11:49:22 am »
Funny Funny x 1 (list)