April 27, 2024, 06:30:22 am

Author Topic: Issue  (Read 1183 times)

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Issue
« on: December 22, 2018, 08:02:22 pm »
Hello everyone, you barely see me posting such kind of questions here, right? Well, kind right eh..

Anyways, I wanna put up an issue / problem that I face with the game:

I'm not sure if it is related to the cache nor any kind of folder issues / indexing but it seems to be well noticeable on a modded (self-modded) GTA VC which is a original copy obviously, the main issue is that after a small ammount of time using the game, the mods that I wanna install after doesn't seem to work eitherways when it comes to editing .img / .txd .
It seems to be remaining to the same state of the game before without any change I've done after some time.

To clarify it out, let's say I've installed a weapon icon mod, that must be added into gta3.img. I add it normally as I got to do, it got installed successfully, but in-game, it seems to have no effect, it is the same icon as before installation, however again when I check it into gta3.img, it seems to be the same icon that I've installed, but yet it still has the same icon as before installation in-game.
Also, I tried to reinstall the game but it seems to not make difference, even if I deleted the folder before reinstallation. However, when I move the game to another folder or prolly rename the game installation folder, every change done seems to have effect, but when I wanna use the same path and folder name, it still has the same state as before without any changes I've made after this issue arrives. Also, it is not the first time I face it, I faced it in many other systems too, and also looked online for any kind of solution but nothing related to this kind of issue. By the way, I don't think I'm the only one who faces this problem..
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

mib

• View Profile
Re: Issue
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 09:07:44 pm »
post a picture of problem
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 09:10:43 pm »
You need to check if you have any proxy folders that get loaded instead of the default folder. I don't remember where they should be exactly but have a look in AppData, Roaming or Local somewhere in one of those folders you might find a game folder containing part of the game files.

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 01:56:22 am »
The issue is due to folder/directory settings. On top of what Punk mentioned, refer to below link that may help:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/14201/windows-show-hidden-files

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2018, 09:58:07 am »
I am not an expert but to clear things up: some servers make custom weapons of the default ones to avoid modification, so regardless of how many times you change the weapon icon it will stay the same

I wish your problem gets solved.

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري

Radon

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 03:43:19 pm »
Sorry for long timing answer but I managed to get over it somehow:

I looked on the Appdata folder, in all the folders from it (Local, Roaming etc) and I found nothing related to the game, so I also tried to make a search on the System Drive for Rockstar Games and gta-vc and many other possible internal names, and found nothing related to cache, and also I've deleted everything from Prefetch and all the Temp folders. Still no fix: however, I renamed the game folder to something else and looked up on registry and found out Rockstar Games folder which contained the path key (pretty much I guess used for uninstallation) so I deleted it entirely, after I downloaded and installed CCleaner and looked on the registry and surprise: found many issues since OS installation (likely over 1500 issues lol) and let it fix them all. After I also let it clean every junk normally as it has to do and after I renamed back the game folder to its default form-installation name and still tried to look in and it seems to be clean. However, also another thing I did is to remove the read-only attribute from both the gta3.img and .dir files and readded the mods and it werk! Yet after reinstalling the mods, I've put even back the read-only attribute to both gta3.img and .dir and no problem since then.

So, I highly guess it could be from proxies too, or even from temp shit that the IMG editor makes it. Also funnily, I found a gta3.img.temp or somewhat inside the models folder from the game.

Again, thank you for your helpings

I am not an expert but to clear things up: some servers make custom weapons of the default ones to avoid modification, so regardless of how many times you change the weapon icon it will stay the same

and no, is not from that. It was for SP one so this is another thing you said.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

ripmemes

• Crazy Man
  • we just here for ripmemes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 04:08:20 pm »
I am so glad you fixed your problem :laugh:

زيدي ميلي ! زيدي دوري