login
April 28, 2024, 12:23:19 pm

Author Topic: Leaving  (Read 5199 times)

Donstald

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 01:27:33 pm »
Why not test person abilities and skill then decide whether he is able to be VU or not?
it will be better for our clan.

bye olO :'(
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 01:29:34 pm by Donstald »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2011, 01:48:13 pm »
We test abilities and skill, if it's not so bad and we are able to improve it he gets accepted (if we vote yes ofc).
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 02:15:20 pm »
I must agree, we accept everyone who applies, thats why most of my last votings are No-s.

I Agree aswell... We accepted so many players, and we haven't seen like half the people we accepted.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 04:24:16 pm »
Ok everyone read this: http://vu.vrocker-hosting.co.uk/index.php?topic=1329.0

Just because we don't all know every trainee we accept, doesn't mean that he isn't fit for acceptance. In every single application there has been either someone who has known the applicant and vouched for them, or they have proved themself worth in the application itself.

Why not test person abilities and skill then decide whether he is able to be VU or not?
it will be better for our clan.

Hardly anyone in VU knew you before you applied, yet we still gave you a chance, are you saying that's a mistake?

The same goes for you Tmavs.

People, please understand one of the main purposes of the Training tags. They are a trial, a very long test to see whether the player is suitable for the full clan tag. With training tags you can test things that you can't without them, such as loyalty and clan involvement. I'm sick that people are not on the right page here.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:26:29 pm by Cutton »

Writer of excessively long posts

Veteran

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 05:37:58 pm »
All I can say is that I totally don't understand why is a question like this even up.. I mean, what Charley is saying in the post above is just even more than clear and logical. Weird to see that there really are people who find this ranking system abstruse. o.o

So what do you people want to do? Stamp your feet into the ground, be stubborn and shout a NO on an application like:"We don't want to give you a chance to prove yourself because we've already accepted too much?" Sounds a bit f-d up to me. An that would be the reason why there sometimes is only a No said, no reason mentioned? But k, I understand, that kind of a reason really is so stupid, I wouldn't want to shout it out either.. :)
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:37:08 pm by Veteran »

My mother-in-law said to me at dinner last week that I overreact too much to criticism.
So I shot her.

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 06:51:42 pm »
I always give out reasons when i say no, its just that it feels like we are giving people TOO much of a cushion. Like say if we just made him a Trainee, after two months or so, hes a Rookie. Some of us havent really judged the player about our opinions, but we already seen that he is already accepted. Im just saying we need to really get to know this player instead of just waiting 2 or so months until he gets promoted. Its like it depends on only a few people until he is given a position, not the whole crew. And i don't care who vouches for him , we ALL should be able to meet this person because he might just be nice to that 1 [VU] and then go against another.. Like you see the way desfire got kicked, becuase 1 person vouched for him , but also 1 person didnt like him, but he was still accepted to our clan. I know im probably not being vague with this one, because i think that Charley and Veteran are right, but also Me and SanDisk are right aswell.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 06:54:23 pm by Maverick »

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 06:56:09 pm »
If anyone does not agrees with this ranking system, they are unable to see the bigger picture.

Developing a newb into a professional regular outweighs anything else.
It is the best thing that you can do to help the VCMP community.

I agree with Mavericks point here.

Olo

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 07:33:15 pm »

Good luck in your DZ application which you will undoubtedly make.

To make situation clear - I didnt leave for DZ.
Cannot rate own posts

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 09:03:05 pm »

Good luck in your DZ application which you will undoubtedly make.

To make situation clear - I didnt leave for DZ.

I didn't say that was the reason for your leaving. I just expected and still expect you to make an application there, as it is the next natural move for you.

DareN

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 09:19:16 pm »
Meh, I know you guys gonna think any of the DZ members had asked him to join to DZ, and leave VU, just here to say that we didn't asked him.

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 09:25:02 pm »
Meh, I know you guys gonna think any of the DZ members had asked him to join to DZ, and leave VU, just here to say that we didn't asked him.
Lol Dont worry. And I think Charley didn't say that to offend DZ, I think he meant, since he was in all the clans, the only one left is DZ, so he would apply there.

Thanks for that tho Daren :)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 10:20:13 pm »
That's not what I thought at all Daren.

shakejunt

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2011, 10:27:43 pm »
Mavs and Sandisk do have a point.

Squida

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 01:44:32 am »
I used to think like sandinski and tmaverick too but then I sort of realised vc-mp needs as many players as it can get, so the more players vu can integrate and make 'regulars' the better off we all are  :).

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 03:41:43 am »
I used to think like sandinski and tmaverick too but then I sort of realised vc-mp needs as many players as it can get, so the more players vu can integrate and make 'regulars' the better off we all are  :).

But then EVERYBODY, will be too good, and the ''newbies'' then will rage like shit..