March 28, 2024, 07:56:40 pm

Author Topic: Banathon 2k18  (Read 6532 times)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Banathon 2k18
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2018, 07:16:13 am »

I have seen the banathon 2k18 evidence, and the detection method, and can vouch for its accuracy. The bans that will be meted out because of the evidence, to the best of my knowledge, are just and can be trusted.

<name>
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2018, 09:22:02 am »

No need to complicate things dude. This is a simple, focused issue, and requires the answer to only two questions:

1) Have you seen the evidence and detection method that is associated with the bans that will be made by Gangsta and his associates?

2) Can you vouch for their accuracy in determining the type of cheating that they claim to determine?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

SuriAttacker

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2018, 01:32:00 pm »
I don't see what's so complicated about it, I thought I've already given details in a simple way that should answer both questions.

Well in that case, I don't think my post is useful enough to be considered, you may ignore it then, sorry for wasting your time.  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 01:40:48 pm by SuriAttacker »

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2018, 01:56:16 pm »
I'm delighted to see someone finally replied to my post ;)

I wanna see what will be the others' propositions now
Winner Winner x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2018, 05:12:09 pm »
Can we all perhaps take a chill pill and find a compromise that will make everyone, except cheaters perhaps, happy? How bow dah?

Yes! Let's do that, and look at it concisely. Here's the conflict. I'm gonna call Gangsta and the peeps on his side A. And Krys and the people on his side B.

A: We're going to ban a bunch of cheaters, based on plentiful evidence, but we can't reveal that evidence otherwise cheaters could find a workaround to our detection method.

B: You can't ban a shitload of players without providing the public some evidence. That is a fucked up form of justice.

A: Trust me, or don't trust me, we're doing it.

B: It's not about trusting you personally, it's about trusting anyone's sole proclamation of evidence, without their revealing it. One person's authority is not sufficient to take this kind of huge action. It sets a very dangerous precedent, because while it may be  you with the banhammer today, it will be someone else tomorrow, and you can't guarantee that they will be as trustworthy as you.

So, the evidence can't be revealed, but Gangsta as a single person cannot be the judge, jury and executioner. Here's where the compromise lies. Do not reveal the evidence. But, those who have seen the evidence, have seen the detection method and can vouch for its authenticity, need to say so. If we have something like five or more people who have different affiliations in the community (not all VUs), who can vouch for the evidence, then perhaps a sense of justice closer to what B has in mind can be established, while not sacrificing the methods developed by A.

So, to those who have seen the evidence, and can vouch for the detection method, please post either this or something like it in this thread:

I have seen the banathon 2k18 evidence, and the detection method, and can vouch for its accuracy. The bans that will be meted out because of the evidence, to the best of my knowledge, are just and can be trusted.

<name>

Sound good?

While this partially satisfies me (because this boils down to trust too), I realise that no better deal might be achieved since it's been made clear that no evidence can be released (ehh..) - so, why not?

It'd be great if those who quote this message are from a diverse set of clans / "subcommunities" - not just VU members; members / admins of all clans AND some clanless (if such people exist) players as well.

I also think that if at least one ban is proven as false (even though it's practically impossible to prove this sort of ban as false) then the evidence for all of them should be released.

If you are a hacker you know it yourself that you have, why the fuck should I tell you that sir you have used hacks in our server at Friday the 13th last month, we just got evidence and here it is, please look forward to it and tell me if the evidence is enough to ban you.
Thanks in advance we will be waiting for your reply so that we can proceed with the ban.
Sincerely
Administration.

Banning 100 players because they hacked is nothing wrong from my point of view.
Edit : We have evidence for all of the bans.
But if we share the way thought which we caught them then it will be nullified, just like the key press.
And why do you look curious about it krys ? And if we tell the hackers how we caught them, than its only matter of time that everyone will know the method we used.

Will you start showing your displeasure or start requesting evidence when they ban more than a ¼ of the playercount? More than a ⅓? More than a half?
I guess that would be the perfect timing :D
And why do you worry so much Mr.Nice ?
Every time there is some hacking activity, you always want to get your highlights and showing how nice you are ?

Chill out bro, a liar will never accept that he lied.
Even if we post the proof here, than what is the guarantee that they will accept their crimes ? What if they claim that it's a false proof ?
But I can assure you that they will find an alternative way to bypass our method in some time.

How would it? If it's not based on mere logs but videos, I really don't see a way.
Damn it krys, out of all people you have to be the dumb one.
The key press for F1 was nullified after it was known by everyone else right ?
We even know how it can be nullified. It's as easy as the way we use to caught them.
There is nothing more you will get to know now. It's simple, in time you will know how we did it and all you can do is wait until we find more hackers. Maybe a few SS members as well ?  >:D
That would be interesting,Right ?

@Shawn, it is true that there is 1 (at least) aim cheater in SS, but that don't mean all of them are. ;D
Yes, more than one tho'

first of all - I spoke as a vcmp community member - why are you bringing SS into this? I have never mentioned VU in my replies.

second of all - fuck off with your personal provocations and insults against me / my clan (like the ones above)

third of all - yes, we have had hackers in the clan but so did you as evidenced by Legend, Casper etc so I don't see what the hell are you on about here?

fourth of all we don't condone cheating, have never done so and will never do so.
         going by the words of a guy who says shit like 'i can beat aimlockers in-game because i'm so good' and who left the clan because of getting teamkilled while having promised to stay in the clan until the end isn't smart

if according to you we have cheaters in the clan then they will get banned and kicked from SS when they're uncovered

of course, instead of playing some prophet you could also provide SS members such as Eddy member names who are cheaters and they'd get kicked instead of acting all high and mighty here
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 2 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2018, 06:16:25 pm »
First of all -Pissed
Second of all -Hahahahahhahaahahhahahaahahahah
Third of all-Sweet sweet revenge  >:D
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

Freak

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Secret Slayers
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2018, 06:31:39 pm »
First of all -Pissed

When you get destroyed in a post and literally have no idea how to respond to it...
Funny Funny x 2 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2018, 06:44:07 pm »
First of all -Pissed

When you get destroyed in a post and literally have no idea how to respond to it...

lol ur mom aimlocker
Funny Funny x 5 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2018, 07:07:14 pm »
First of all -Pissed

ok chillax kid, I'll reply if you really want me to.
I didn't want to ruin your fun that's all.

first of all - I spoke as a vcmp community member - why are you bringing SS into this? I have never mentioned VU in my replies.

yes whenever there is some shit going against hackers and SS are not involved, BAN ALL MOTHER FUCKERSSSS.
If not, then man they didnt hack you cant prove, pls forgive, next chance, +1 life, innocent little being, show mercy :'(
second of all - fuck off with your personal provocations and insults against me / my clan (like the ones above)
dudeee, are you the only one who is allowed to speak against other clans ?
We have one difference in this, I speak in public and not behind someone's back, balls of steel.
third of all - yes, we have had hackers in the clan but so did you as evidenced by Legend, Casper etc so I don't see what the hell are you on about here?
we don't defend any of the hackers in our clan. You used hacks, be ready to face consequences. At least we keep a check on our members unlike you ?
If you are saying that the hackers can claim that they didn't hack, then I can claim that you want to know the method through which we get the hackers because you want to counter it ?
You are not a clean person yourself and it has been proved earlier(the CTF ban, just to remind you)
if according to you we have cheaters in the clan then they will get banned and kicked from SS when they're uncovered

of course, instead of playing some prophet you could also provide SS members such as Eddy member names who are cheaters and they'd get kicked instead of acting all high and mighty here
Ofcourse son, I'll act all high and mighty because it was my clan who found the way to get the hackers, not yours.
You speak for the community you say, but WE work for the community.
DIFFERENCE dude
and you need to keep stay calm because if you say that we can give false name of hackers then maybe I'll declare you a hacker next ?

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2018, 07:33:59 pm »
It'd be great if those who quote this message are from a diverse set of clans / "subcommunities" - not just VU members; members / admins of all clans AND some clanless (if such people exist) players as well.

I would not want you to tie it down to whether clan and clanless people know what's going on. I really only went to people who could assist me, doesn't matter who in that sense. So if for example you alone could help me in all areas, then you alone would know. That's the mode of operation.

But to answer the diversity: NAR, EAF, MK, TRC, UF and clanless. SS, DU, OSK and other clans are in the dark, not out of anything against them, just that no one atm is in a position where they could help me with the list itself. For example, Eddy could have if he was available but since he's not I had to find someone else.

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2018, 07:37:04 pm »

I would not want you to tie it down to whether clan and clanless people know what's going on. I really only went to people who could assist me, doesn't matter who in that sense. So if for example you alone could help me in all areas, then you alone would know. That's the mode of operation.

But to answer the diversity: NAR, EAF, MK, TRC, UF and clanless. SS, DU, OSK and other clans are in the dark, not out of anything against them, just that no one atm is in a position where they could help me with the list itself. For example, Eddy could have if he was available but since he's not I had to find someone else.

The motivation behind what I'm saying is if the list of people who quote this message are not only VUs but people of other clans as well as people with no affiliations whatsoever.

First of all -Pissed

ok chillax kid, I'll reply if you really want me to.
I didn't want to ruin your fun that's all.

yes whenever there is some shit going against hackers and SS are not involved, BAN ALL MOTHER FUCKERSSSS.
If not, then man they didnt hack you cant prove, pls forgive, next chance, +1 life, innocent little being, show mercy :'(
We have one difference in this, I speak in public and not behind someone's back, balls of steel.
we don't defend any of the hackers in our clan. You used hacks, be ready to face consequences. At least we keep a check on our members unlike you ?
If you are saying that the hackers can claim that they didn't hack, then I can claim that you want to know the method through which we get the hackers because you want to counter it ?
You are not a clean person yourself and it has been proved earlier(the CTF ban, just to remind you)

Ofcourse son, I'll act all high and mighty because it was my clan who found the way to get the hackers, not yours.
DIFFERENCE dude
and you need to keep stay calm because if you say that we can give false name of hackers then maybe I'll declare you a hacker next ?

Find me any reply of mine on any forum where I support banning someone with no evidence being provided. Hint: I never did.

There's a difference between speaking against other clans and openly insulting another guy's clan when he doesn't even represent the clan's view on the topic. Or declared it a clan vs clan war. Perhaps instead of insulting my clan go ahead and try my arguments?

Nor do we. We get informed, we kick. Simple.

Does this other fragment have any backing or did you pull it out of nowhere? Of course you did.

Let me remind you: it was Eddy who in a certain part helped VU uncover a cheater(s) in their ranks.

A person doesn't need to prove their innocence - you need to prove they are guilty of something, which is cheating in this case. Which is all I'm advocating for. This doesn't even matter, since if releasing any evidence would make the method instantly not working then I can understand your reasons for not doing so and I have already conceded that matter earlier.
Also:

Thus proving my case that you shouldn't be trusted. Nice threats going on in here by the way.

I am a clean person. Do you consider using keybinds to change X/Y sensitivity simultaneously a cheat?

Okay - nice job so far on making every single conflict have an "us vs them" mentality. I very much appreciate the ones involved from your clan on finding out a seemingly effective method against cheaters - I doubt you are among those people, but if you are then I appreciate your work too. Not your persona though.

DIFFERENCE dude

Did I ever say that I speak for the entire community? I speak for myself and hopefully (in my eyes) the rest as well.

DIFFERENCE dude

So what? XD?
Did I ever say that the ones who found out "the method" have done nothing for the community? No, I haven't.

Just leaving this here: a person who in part has the power to ban 100 people without providing proof says these types of sentences; but we are still to trust them? How would you be able to trust such a person Gangsta?? Or Charley??

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2018, 07:50:26 pm »

Just leaving this here: a person who in part has the power to ban 100 people without providing proof says these types of sentences; but we are still to trust them? How would you be able to trust such a person Gangsta?? Or Charley??

damn it lol, you don't understand my sarcasm.....
seesh,fine I'm done typing.
You want to win the argument ? fine, but nobody is tell you anything   :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
you would be the last person to know  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Tim1997

• Regular
  • Aspire Moskvish
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2018, 09:04:56 pm »
Im not really very known to the way how this aimlock thing is scanned and analysed in a video
I would like to suggest something, if someone is found guilty (maybe that could be a skilled player or a hacker) a final step of pc history scan should be conducted that will assure tothe community if some one is using shit. Its the most simple way to found those who prefer hacks to play.
Many skilled players are also there in game so maybe some wrong bans can also occur.
Anyways a single ez step in this big new preferable procedure.
 :)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 16, 2018, 02:59:43 am »
Okay, back on topic please fellas.

So far, the people who have declared that they have A) seen the evidence and detection method and that B) it is accurate, are the following:

GangstaRas
Morphine
Sevrin

But to answer the diversity: NAR, EAF, MK, TRC, UF and clanless.

Gangsta, can you encourage those who you mentioned to confirm these details please? Then we can put this topic to bed.

Writer of excessively long posts

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2018, 08:40:10 am »
Gangsta, can you encourage those who you mentioned to confirm these details please? Then we can put this topic to bed.

Well in my opinion, us proving this to settle anxiety should not be encouraged. Krys prolonging this discussion is taking a mile from an inch. The more info I or everyone involved in this case tells him to satisfy his anxiety is the more we shoot the process in the foot cuz then more cats are revealed among the mice, surprize factor diminishes. It's honestly not that serious to warrant such stress. I might've advertized myself to put to rest some of that anxiety in the community, especially those that made a ruckus about Vice War within the staff and outside of it, but I don't necessarily want others to come out because it's not like the procedure has stopped since this discussion started, it's still going on.

But to put things in even simpler terms, I'm admin of EC and EAD, What do admins do? Well one aspect is that as an admin you're handling pools of information at your disposal, from reports and ban appeals that you have to process. What are in reports and ban appeals to prove innocent or guilty?... and like I said, I'm banning everyone that hacked since 2018 started. That's one aspect of the list. People hacking right in front of me in-game and I note them and perform my admin duty is another simple aspect. Thirdly, I did say two evidences of differing types are against who I'll ban. If we're all so trusting on the admins basic duty explained above, and that brings one aspect of the evidence, why in heaven's name you poking so much for the other aspect? It doesn't matter because you already trusting in the first process isn't that right?

The energy krys coming with is not necessary, it is just not. As such, I don't want anyone else entertaining this proof of authenticity. Morphine not so bad because he left administration mid way in the process but even then I still don't want people entertaining it.

At least one person is in all of whom I've mentioned inclusive VU, so that makes 7 people other than me. Krys need not know a thing more on who specifically, that should be enough.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)