May 01, 2024, 10:46:47 pm

Author Topic: Leaving  (Read 5201 times)

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 06:32:17 am »
I used to think like sandinski and tmaverick too but then I sort of realised vc-mp needs as many players as it can get, so the more players vu can integrate and make 'regulars' the better off we all are  :).
:-*

Just like Veteran, I don't understand why people don't want us to train newbies into regular players. Isn't that the best thing a Clan could do?? They need to be trained so they get better and have more fun in playing vcmp, if you're getting pwned all the time I would just ragequit...
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2011, 10:02:34 am »
I used to think like sandinski and tmaverick too but then I sort of realised vc-mp needs as many players as it can get, so the more players vu can integrate and make 'regulars' the better off we all are  :).

But then EVERYBODY, will be too good, and the ''newbies'' then will rage like shit..

That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard for a while.

Tmavs you talk about us accepting people too easily and giving them too much of a cushion. I think you're forgetting how much flak we took for accepting you. Everyone thought you were a dumbass yet we still accepted you and let you work you way up the ranks. We gave you a huge 'cushion.' To now go against that process when applied to other people seems a bit selfish to me.

Also, I'd like to add, that it's almost impossible for the whole clan to get to know everyone in it. This is cos of conflicting timezones and times of play. E.G. I am mostly online at about 11.00-13.00 GMT, when there are almost no VUs online cos they're either at school or sleeping.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 10:15:42 am by Cutton »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 11:14:46 am »
But then EVERYBODY, will be too good, and the ''newbies'' then will rage like shit..

Thats the point,
If EVERYONE is good, the newbies will try to get better to compete with others.
That will benefit VCMP in all aspects.

Rage quitters are lame, so let them quit....who cares about them.

If anyone has anything against this recruitment system, i would suggest them to look at the bigger picture.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2011, 12:52:30 pm »
Also, when the clan first started, we tried only accepting those who we thought were of the right level to join us, but soon realised that attitude is completely unrealistic. There aren't enough skilled/experienced players in VC:MP for us to rely on only applications that fit our standards. Instead, we have to make new skilled/experienced players.

Donstald

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 01:18:58 pm »
wow real simple :D

« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 01:21:02 pm by Donstald »

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 03:21:35 pm »
Tmavs you talk about us accepting people too easily and giving them too much of a cushion. I think you're forgetting how much flak we took for accepting you. Everyone thought you were a dumbass yet we still accepted you and let you work you way up the ranks. We gave you a huge 'cushion.' To now go against that process when applied to other people seems a bit selfish to me.

I didnt say you had to accept me right at that moment. I mean i didnt ''ask'' or ''beg'', to join your clan, i just waited until i taught everyone had approval of me.. Its not my fault, why i was picked so quickly, I myself didn't even know HALF the [VU]'s before joining the clan... Man I'm done posting here.... :-/

UlrichZuko

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Fanatic
  • What'd you want...an autograph?
    • View Profile
    • UlrichZuko WebTV
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 03:31:30 pm »
why so serious, everyone.

Veteran

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 03:49:10 pm »
Hehe, laughed a bit about how the first votes changed. If the first vote used to be like:
Can't vote, don't know you..
Then now:
never seen u so i will go with no
:D
Now on that application I have one question, I won't vote yet, but thats just a little offtopic.

I wouldn't worry about if, how you say EVERYONE became good.. I mean if you're worrying about newbs, if they won't be just killed all the time by people with clan tags (btw, joining a clan doesn't mean gaining game skills.. Thjin is here from the beginning and by the time he would now be a killing machine, but now he doesn't even consider himself a fighter(: ). It's surprising that no matter how old now is this vc:mp, new players are still joining all the time. The banlist for XE already is enormous, though the server is usually almost full, mostly with newbs. So I wouldn't worry about that new players won't have anyone to actually fight with, even now there are 27 players on xe and only 5 of them is wearing a tag.

K, I see that is discussion is getting a bit exhausting.

Just to say that I still find this ranking system and trainee policy great. It has also proved itself in my opinion- we have nearly 40 members and only 3 kicked. And I have no doubts about any full VU or Rookie. So I'd suggest to just keep the voting system as it was decide- give trainee if you see potential, trust your mate who can vouch for the applicant or feel free to also say no.. But for God's sake don't say the reason "We already have too much members."

My mother-in-law said to me at dinner last week that I overreact too much to criticism.
So I shot her.

shakejunt

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 10:05:18 pm »
Yeah most of you guys are over analyzing shit

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »

Sorry, it's just that when you put so much time into something it can be insulting when people don't understand it.

shakejunt

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 10:46:40 pm »

Sorry, it's just that when you put so much time into something it can be insulting when people don't understand it.
Yeah i get you, people's ignorance offends 

Maverick

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2011, 10:52:34 pm »

Yeah i get you, people's ignorance offends 

So what you trying to say, were ignorant? 0_o

CoLa_z0r

• Crazy Man
  • Agape z0r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2011, 07:17:24 am »
Hah maverick, you might do yourself good by restraining from replying to every single thing that you consider that is targetted towards you. Just use common sense, logic and the personality of the guy who says it. Cutton's being rational of how VC:MP clans should be doing as a clan to promote the game play, to grow the gaming society. You don't need to be too self conscious on whether or not Charley Barley could think you as ignorant or w/e, cause he doesn't :)

But back on topic, it's a matter of the old ideology conflicting with the new modern thinking of how a clan should be helping out the gaming rather than trying to stand out. Before ULK came, most clans used to exist to show off how cool they were and how unbeatable they were. KFJ, DnA, UST known as the rivals about 3-4 years ago accepted rookie players and when they thought their clan was growing too much, they often stopped recruiting. Then comes along MK, DU, DS, DZ, VU to start the clan kind of thing which wasn't really existent before. The leaders of all these clans were pretty influenced by the idea of a strong clan, the only clan to be at the top, and clan events were performed with that as a basis. Then ULK comes back suddenly and says what the clans are supposed to be doing. This influence only reached a few since there aren't many current clans who do that, to point it out frankly, only VU and ULK. Since ULKs return many newbies joined the clan and became known to us. Same goes to VU, and as they left the clans for other clans, it made the other clans stronger as well, making it possible for clans to compete against each other.

So basically, if you think that accepting people you do not know does harm to the clan, you're just being selfish as you don't want to hang out with those guys and they should remain as outcasts forever. You're saying the newbs don't deserve a place in any clan as they are new. But if you think about it, we were all newbs, and we've become what we've become through experience. You might argue the newbs should do the same then come back and apply when they are ready. However, considering the small player count of VC:MP, we can't expect that to happen, rather, we should encourage the newbies to stay. Get it? It's doing good both for your clan and the community.

Now if you're still gonna argue against what Charley's done, go get some coffee and clear your mind.

>VC:MP Since 2007.
>Founder & Leader of DU (2008~).
>Highest Spree: 90 (@LW) | Highest Score: 1100 Kills (@SvM), 341 Kills (@LW).

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2011, 10:27:02 pm »
What the perfect explanation above I hereby state this topic as Locked. ;D

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"