login
March 28, 2024, 06:06:08 pm

Author Topic: Banathon 2k18  (Read 6529 times)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
Banathon 2k18
« on: May 09, 2018, 04:16:53 pm »
<Edit by Charley: I've split this topic from the topic that announced Legend's kick from the clan. I've reopened it in the hope that some sort of solution to this frankly unnecessary drama can be found. Banathon 2k18 bitches, wooooo!!! If you don't wanna read six pages, then skip to this post.>

Lilamar , you're caught too.

:D

Many more bans to come soon.

Ladies and gentlemen, an example of the beginning of the end. Many more bans to come soon enough.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 04:35:58 am by Charley »
Agree Agree x 9 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ZAiM

• Fanatic
  • I came, I saw, I conquered.
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Legend has been kicked from VU.
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 05:35:10 pm »
Good Luck Wherver you go.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Freak

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Secret Slayers
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 06:14:49 pm »
Interesting propaganda

On a serious note; I hope my ingenious hacks haven't betrayed me yet
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 3 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

auzk

• Vice Underdog Rookie (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 06:23:22 pm »
Didn't expect it coming  :(

I'm Rookie :D

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 06:46:09 pm »
shame

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

Lilama

• Regular
  • z0rz0rz0r
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 06:55:15 pm »

well , if somebody provides a proof that i've been using any program to get advantage i will donate 200$ for vcmp, thats a bet.
Funny Funny x 5 Winner Winner x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 07:36:15 pm »

well , if somebody provides a proof that i've been using any program to get advantage i will donate 200$ for vcmp, thats a bet.

While I have no doubts about the judgement of the ones who ban players, I hope that when you call it "reasonable judgement" you will at the very least provide evidence if not to the public, then to the banned player(s) once requested by them, lest this "banwave" does not look like a twisted way of removing inconvenient players to the larger populace of VCMP which would then not only doubt your credibility, but would also begin to revere them as martyrs and victims of bias and false justice. And, perhaps, this would be with reason.

I, for one, would like to know why I am supposed to consider player X or player Y as cheaters when no such evidence was presented to me.

Ethan's ban on XE was supported with evidence, so was Hunting's ban on EC, so was Siezer's ban for speed gear on EC - whether you consider these bans valid or not (one of them I don't), the evidence was open and available to the public (and you) which could analyze it themselves - and if you ban people for something as serious as using an aimlock cheat, then I suppose your proof is irrefutable, therefore there shouldn't really be any concerns over releasing proof, should there?

Please keep in mind I am not arguing in favour of any cheating practice, only in favour of visibility, which is nothing wrong.
Agree Agree x 4 Winner Winner x 2 Useful Useful x 2 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 08:57:10 pm »
Every single case has a proof. However, unless they're caught by the public eye, such as HunTinG, Casper, now Legend, among others that I've already banned, the list will remain anonymous; does more psychological damage that way. You silently hack, without warning you are silently banned.

The reason behind their ban? They hacked at some point today to the first day of 2018, without permission nor admin supervision. So if it applies to you, then congratulations, your days are numbered. This includes speed hacks, wall hacks, aimlock, health hacks and known/discovered distributors. That's all the public needs to know and will know from my end at least. The others have their own list, and their own methods and their banning plans for their own servers.

Now to give an idea of the magnitude, how many have I caught? Roughly 100 people, 1/4 of the community thus far and I haven't even finished my list yet, isn't that sad? Some are already banned in other servers, and are publicly known, I just haven't dealt with them yet. Some are whom I've silently watched and done nothing against for months, Legend is such an example.

It's a damn shame just how toxic this has gotten, but hey, be my guest. Free for all hacking? Free for all banning, simple as that.
Agree Agree x 6 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

FulToN_619

• Crazy Man
  • Give Respect Get Respect
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 09:26:39 pm »
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

fulton (the hardest lagger on vcmp, I can't touch him)

OmaRosh

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Always Kaizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 10:03:43 pm »

Who cares about private boards..
If there's someone who's angry at him right now is because of his retarded actions.  :thumbsdown:  :thumbsdown:
Legend you ruined it yourself, you have to face the consequences.
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

"Never fight close to omarosh..."

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 10:39:11 pm »
While I have no doubts about the judgement of the ones who ban players, I hope that when you call it "reasonable judgement" you will at the very least provide evidence if not to the public, then to the banned player(s) once requested by them, lest this "banwave" does not look like a twisted way of removing inconvenient players to the larger populace of VCMP which would then not only doubt your credibility, but would also begin to revere them as martyrs and victims of bias and false justice. And, perhaps, this would be with reason.

I, for one, would like to know why I am supposed to consider player X or player Y as cheaters when no such evidence was presented to me.

Indeed, one time i saw a player getting banned just because a guy (well known guy trough this community) told the administrator to imput the ban because "he watched it and was sure", though, he didn't record nor took any proof about the rulebreak. What did they say to him when appealed for a ban? Denied. No more than that. - In this case, i completely agree with you, these example of players are banned for an inefficient administrative work and lack of evidence, which makes the thing become worse.

Plus, i think here the judgement of administrator like GangstaRas and everyone who participated in the investigation are impeccable, because they have been watching him for a long time - plus, he got banned in LW which made him suspicious. Now i guess why Legend wasn't kicked instantly after that ban, probably because the people who took the decision on this clan didn't want to rush and that is what should be done in a case like this.

Now to give an idea of the magnitude, how many have I caught? Roughly 100 people, 1/4 of the community thus far and I haven't even finished my list yet, isn't that sad? Some are already banned in other servers, and are publicly known, I just haven't dealt with them yet. Some are whom I've silently watched and done nothing against for months, Legend is such an example.

It's a damn shame just how toxic this has gotten, but hey, be my guest. Free for all hacking? Free for all banning, simple as that.

No doubt regarding this - another particular thing is that everyone, and i mean everyone is suspicious. That's still more toxic, Legend was a Rookie member of this clan, Ethan was administrator in XE. It isn't just a "newbies" thing who hack and are (in some cases) unbanned to give them a new chance. They are players who have years into this community and have been involved and are known trough it.

Off of the topic, i personally agree with EAD administration by banning everyone who uses that in a permanently way, all those who have used cheats know that aren't allowed and still keep using it. - We have suffered strong punishments in an epoch some years ago, i mean 6 months to 3 years or even permanent bans, and should continue like that.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 12:06:11 am by biozcalhoun »

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 04:53:50 am »
Every single case has a proof. However, unless they're caught by the public eye, such as HunTinG, Casper, now Legend, among others that I've already banned, the list will remain anonymous; does more psychological damage that way. You silently hack, without warning you are silently banned.

The reason behind their ban? They hacked at some point today to the first day of 2018, without permission nor admin supervision. So if it applies to you, then congratulations, your days are numbered. This includes speed hacks, wall hacks, aimlock, health hacks and known/discovered distributors. That's all the public needs to know and will know from my end at least. The others have their own list, and their own methods and their banning plans for their own servers.

If your idea of justice is banning 100+ people without providing a shred of proof to the public then making yourself [or your group] look like sinless victims of cheating and saviours of VCMP from it [cheating], then sure, you're right.

However, my hope is that the rest of the VCMP community aren't a bunch of lemmings and won't rush to calling people cheaters, wall-, speed- hackers without it being even proven, just like you don't sentence someone for murder without showing the proof you have for it.

If your definition of justice is going on the most public forum, spouting "Judgement Day is coming you cheating scumbags", then proceeding to ban a hundred people and state publicly that:

the list will remain anonymous; does more psychological damage that way.

then your definition of "justice" is largely flawed. Does anyone here prefer an illusion of "psychological damage" over credibility and transparency?

If this community is ready to accept THIS many bans with no evidence making up for it then this community is already lost.
     You might as well start banning everyone and saying they have cheated at some point in their past (would the community still accept this?), because right now that's what it looks like and unless any proof is provided then that's how it will be to me and hopefully everyone else.

Agree Agree x 4 Winner Winner x 3 (list)

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2018, 06:08:33 am »
If you are a hacker you know it yourself that you have, why the fuck should I tell you that sir you have used hacks in our server at Friday the 13th last month, we just got evidence and here it is, please look forward to it and tell me if the evidence is enough to ban you.
Thanks in advance we will be waiting for your reply so that we can proceed with the ban.
Sincerely
Administration.

Banning 100 players because they hacked is nothing wrong from my point of view.
Edit : We have evidence for all of the bans.
But if we share the way thought which we caught them then it will be nullified, just like the key press.
And why do you look curious about it krys ? And if we tell the hackers how we caught them, than its only matter of time that everyone will know the method we used.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 06:13:27 am by Dr.Shawn »
Agree Agree x 8 (list)

Ryne

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Winning feels better when you take a little damage
    • View Profile
    • VUmania
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2018, 06:10:20 am »
Aimlock is love  >:D
My my next is mi..

#TrendingAIMlock
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 3 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Master~Sangi^

• Regular
  • I Am Nothing Without Allah
    • View Profile