When should ViceWar be played again?

Autumn 2013
24 (25.8%)
Winter 2013
38 (40.9%)
Summer 2014
31 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: When should ViceWar be restarted?  (Read 24976 times)

ulkaki

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
Re: Restart ViceWar in a week
« Reply #90 on: August 04, 2013, 10:40:54 am »
Yes, Blue team didn't win by a couple kills, or even 100 kills, or 2-300 kills. Blue won by over 1000 kills.

Any excuse (or reasoning) no matter how valid it is, wouldn't have affected the game by more than a thousand kills.

It was a clear and decisive victory for Blues. Of course, the scores could have been different, and things could have been more fun for everyone (I know I had plenty of fun), but the match result - that is, who won and who lost - wouldn't have changed at all.

For all I know, I expected Blue to win from the start, even before the event began. ULK's huge army of seasoned veterans (some even stayed online for the full 24 hours - with coffee breaks of course), EAF's strong performance, plus the "Russians" and their fantastic team play simply made the Blue team unbeatable. Not to mention, there was a clear lack of organization on the Red's side; many of it wasn't even Red's fault though. All ULKs were on Mumble, I also assume all EAFs were on Mumble/Teamspeak, and I know for sure that the Russians talk to each other too. Such communication is crucial, especially considering that radar is off. I seriously doubt that the few MKs, VUs, NYBs, TZs, etc. on the red team were communicating to each other on Mumble/TS. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) A few organized gangs is most certainly better than many disorganized gangs.

And trust me, I saw Bruce's screenshot. Everyone should take another look. The blue team was essentially made up of 90% ULKs (8-10 of us) in that one and I'm really proud of my clan mates considering that many of us were so committed that we ended up staying awake for the full 24 hours. I'd say NewK was the only one on the Red team who had a similar level of dedication.

Or take a look at Tom's screenshot. When ULKs were taking a break, Tom, Xyu, and Uji were essentially singlehandedly fighting against the Red team. Those 3 performed so spectacularly that by the time ULKs rejoined, they had brought the score lead from 300 to 600. (Not to mention how outnumbered they were!)

And EAFs. Most of the time, they stuck together or focused on a single base. Even when they did split up and helped ULKs, they worked with us like our own clanmates.

Long story short, Bllue's victory isn't because the Blue team had better players, or because of something unfair one side did, but because the Blue team had much better planning, commitment, and organization. Stormeus, if you've logged everyone's join history, and how much time they spent ingame, I'm sure you'll find that the Blue team actually had very few players (fewer than Red) who each stayed a very long time ingame. The level of commitment shown by the players on the Blue team was simply unmatched.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

BruceLee

• Regular
  • Cath Me If You Can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 04, 2013, 10:47:25 am »
We Should Be very thankful To Veteran And Gangstaras

Veteran:   He made the Highest Score from Team Red
Gangstaras:  He Played The Whole Day For Team Red
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 10:49:57 am by BruceLee »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

[TZ_R]SuperKiller

• Never Cry | Never Die
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2013, 10:51:13 am »
Ok Aki if The Blues are the Pro then why they are scaring for next match... ?
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

BruceLee

• Regular
  • Cath Me If You Can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2013, 10:53:32 am »
Well Superkiller it will be very hard for them to play one more match again they struggled very hard for this event so i think so we should do something in next event

ulkaki

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2013, 10:59:55 am »
Well Superkiller it will be very hard for them to play one more match again they struggled very hard for this event so i think so we should do something in next event

1) I never said Blues were pro. I'm saying that Blues had superior organization and commitment. NewK was essentially a one-man-gang. If he had Anty and Dead_Man, he would've been far better (probably impossible to kill). But then, NewK is a microcosm of the entire Red team - that is, the Red team had many "pro" players but lacked organization and commitment.
Long story short, Bllue's victory isn't because the Blue team had better players ... but because the Blue team had much better planning, commitment, and organization.

2) We can't play another match again in the near future because of lack of preparation time. (I don't know about you, but yes, we had to prepare quite a lot.) We would be happy to see you all at Vice War 4, perhaps at least half a year from now. If you want another match next week, that is close to impossible, because even with three weeks advance notice, our preparation was quite rushed. If you didn't know, many of us have jobs from Monday to Friday, and we have numerous commitments even outside of our job. It's very difficult for any of us to dedicate an entire weekend to playing a 24 hour long event.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:04:35 am by ulkaki »
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 04, 2013, 11:05:13 am »
Stop talking bullshit about hidning in spawnscreen. Take a look at this screen. We foght and successfully defended robina for ~20 minutes.
The "bullshit" we are all talking about hiding on the spawn screen happened before you joined the event, so you didn't get to see it. We know you and your crew didn't do that, and I commend you for fighting, staying ingame and play even when you were vastly outnumbered, I really do, and I'm not being sarcastic. I applaud for any blues that kept fighting even when outnumbered.

The thing is, when people refused to spawn, we were like 100 points away from catching up, and I know for sure that if they kept spawning, we would catch up and that would motivate alot more people from red to keep playing to keep that advantage, I know I would've played for alot longer if we did catch up there. So yea, this could have turned out very differently. Still, not disregarding blue's commitment to this event which was quite impressive.

Indeed if I had my old MK crew I could have done more, but even so, I wasn't expecting to be of much use, given how inactive I have been ingame.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 11:09:47 am by NewK »

stormeus

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Developer
    • View Profile
    • GTA VICE CITY Respective owner
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2013, 11:11:39 am »
Given the outcome of the event, it is extremely unlikely that, if the event is restarted, it will count for anything. The blue team won overwhelmingly, and that stands.
Agree Agree x 4 (list)

<krystianoo> stormeus do good job
<krystianoo> with recent update
<krystianoo> if not agree; jeb yourself in head
<Avenger> yesterday you said death to stormeus
<karan> double standard krystianoo
<karan> he called him fake prophet too
<krystianoo> sure fake prophet
<krystianoo> but with recent updates real

Wolf.

• Vice Underdog Trainee (Inactive)
  • Likes to post
  • ^TBG^Darius before
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 04, 2013, 11:52:30 am »
Someone talking about NYB spawnkills on the previous pages, and what about the TLK's ? They are doing spawnkills example to me non-stop when that event come to end (maybe 30mins to end), it was making me angry, but i have been informed that spawnkills are not prohibitet...but its not fair.
According to me, scores should be reset because most of people when they was informed about reset of this event started leaving from this server, they means that was playing for nothing...So that was one big nonsense, confusion...
Agree Agree x 1 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

TLK.Honor

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 04, 2013, 12:26:06 pm »
So what is my fault then?When I was active about 3-4 hours,we all fought hard,we didnt stay on spawnscreen or what.I especially tried to help Tom(and the other 2 russians) to defend Robina.We was only max 5 there and all other blues were spawned.Also max 6 ULK members were active.They was trying to get another bases.Red team had more players than blue.Red always did attack and we always saved our base.You cant imagine how we did it.So,if the event restart Im not in.I always tried to be fair and I cant accept this restart.Good luck to y'all.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:39:34 pm by TLK.Honor »

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 04, 2013, 12:58:04 pm »
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sir dont Forget that this is a game not world war III

BruceLee

• Regular
  • Cath Me If You Can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2013, 01:37:36 pm »
shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sir dont Forget that this is a game not world war III

ulkaki

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2013, 02:51:11 pm »
Thats Why Team Blue Is Leading Us With 1000 Score. 3/4 Players Are Cannot Make 4000/5000 Kills , You Guys Were about 35 And we were just 3/4.
To those of you who think that the Red team was outnumbered:

Number of red players: 97
Number of blue players: 81
Fact 1: Red team actually had more participants.

Sum of red players' playtime: 6 days, 21 hours, 48 minutes, 4 seconds
Sum of blue players' playtime: 6 days, 18 hours, 29 minutes, 25 seconds
Fact 2: Not only that, Red team also had more playtime overall.

But the Blue team still won because...

Average kills per person on red: 22.5
Average kills per person on blue: 38.7
1. Players on the blue team killed more.

Average deaths per person on red: 35.6
Average deaths per person on blue: 30.1
2. Players on the blue team died less.

Top 5 Players by Kills
  • TLKr.EthaN - 294
  • [EAF]Marcell - 233
  • [VU]Veteran - 184
  • [OFF]Tom - 179
  • ULK.aki* - 171

Top 5 Ratios with Kills > 75
  • [EAF]Klaus - 10.0
  • [OFF]Tom - 4.972
  • TLKr.EthaN - 3.542
  • [EAF]Marcell - 3.329
  • UJIbU4 - 2.804
3. The asskickers were all on the Blue team.

Average kill/death ratio for red: 0.213
Average kill/death ratio for blue: 0.929
4. Our kill-to-death ratio was significantly higher. 0.929 vs. 0.213

Conclusion
This proves my point about the Blue team having better teamwork and organization. The Red team had some great players, but was clearly lacking in the teamplay and strategy department.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 02:58:21 pm by ulkaki »
Agree Agree x 3 Winner Winner x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 4 (list)

BruceLee

• Regular
  • Cath Me If You Can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2013, 02:58:21 pm »
We Will do out best in VW4 Don't worry

ulkaki

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 04, 2013, 02:59:59 pm »
We Will do out best in VW4 Don't worry

"We" makes no sense, since in VW4, the teams would be different again. If you didn't know, ULK was initially supposed to be in the Red team.

[NYB]NYC

• Regular
  • YO YO HONEY SINGH
    • View Profile
    • http://nybboyz.boardforum.ca/
« Reply #104 on: August 04, 2013, 03:00:30 pm »
aki blue win because russian and russian
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 6 (list)