When should ViceWar be played again?

Autumn 2013
24 (25.8%)
Winter 2013
38 (40.9%)
Summer 2014
31 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Author Topic: When should ViceWar be restarted?  (Read 24982 times)

Neji

• Kkkkk!
    • View Profile
    • Legendary Killers.
Re: Restart ViceWar in a week
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2013, 09:08:35 pm »
Yes.
Winner Winner x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2013, 09:34:14 pm »
Ah dear.....so many cry babies. I think I may have a proposal for a concensus. With the beginning of this event, it was inevitable blue would win, don't deprive them of it, it is biased and unfair we kill the stats, redo the event and whoop di dooo, maybe red wins instead this time and brag. I believe a new event should be hosted, crashless one, call it Vice War 3 After Party or something, can be of the same thing, additions, up to the staff but yeah, redo another but the main event, which is now, don't erase that. To the statement depicting work and life and all that rubbish, the event wasn't made to suit one person, those who can come, come, those who can't, too bad. But make this change, instead of one day, how about allowing it to go the whole week? Excuse satisfied? That's my idea on the whole thing.
Funny Funny x 1 Winner Winner x 1 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2013, 09:36:03 pm »
Lol, people actually no-life the entire day, playing in VW? -_-

I'm all into the fun in this and since I missed it - hell yes! Restart the event!
It's your own damn problem for not attending.
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2013, 10:19:23 pm »
Guys, let's try to be reasonable here. The crashes affected boths teams equally, I See no reason to restart this event even keeping the stats, because like akiharu said, it's hard to get this much availability from so many people. The fact is, this event will always be won by the team who outnumbers the other for most of the time. Now, there's one thing I have to adress. People saying that both teams fought on equal grounds, now that is complete bullshit. Let me tell you why.;
  • When red was outnumbered, we were punished hard, because well, we were outnumbered. Makes sense, they deserved to get that 300 point lead because they were more.
  • But when BLUE was outnumbered, it was a completely different story. At one point we were only 100 points away or less from catching up to them and some of them refused to spawn, and sat on the spawn screen like cowards, just so they could keep their lead.
So you see, when Red was outnumbered we had to fight through it, thus, feeding them alot of points. But when Blue was outnumbered they just refused to spawn (equal grounds indeed..). I remember aXXo saying that anything against the event itself was not allowed, well, that goes against the event itself, if we have no enemies to fight, the event is "nullified". And don't even try to say that you didn't spawn because we were spawnkilling, because I have proof and I can easily prove that you guys did it on purpose if I have to. (I'm not accusing the whole blue team of doing this, some of them don't even know this happened, I'm referring to a couple of ULKs that did this)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:22:02 pm by NewK »
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2013, 10:30:44 pm »
We were outnumbered eventually indeed 6 blues, rest red so please don't whine about us not willing to spawn.
Why do you think some guys go afk? To get other blue members online.
Furthermore there were a few people spawnkilling us at our base (example: honey_singh raping RPG at our spawnpoint).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 10:33:53 pm by [EAF]Brian »
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2013, 10:39:10 pm »
We were outnumbered eventually indeed 6 blues, rest red so please don't whine about us not willing to spawn.
Furthermore there were a few people spawnkilling us at our base (example: honey_singh raping RPG at our spawnpoint).
You are completely missing my point brian. I'm not whining about being outnumbered, I know blue was outnumbered too. My point is, when red was outnumbered we kept playing and when blue was outnumbered, some blues refused to spawn just so they wouldn't lose points. Red always spawned despite being outnumbered, we were spawnkilled too a couple of times, but the situation I'm talking about was in the morning(GMT+1) you weren't there, it was when there was like 5 or 6 blues only, so you didn't see what I'm referring to. And no they weren't AFKing to wait for other blues, they were talking in the chat while they were on the spawn screen, you didn't see that, it was really a "strategy" of them to not lose points.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:01:51 pm by NewK »

BruceLee

• Regular
  • Cath Me If You Can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2013, 10:52:02 pm »
Thats Why Team Blue Is Leading Us With 1000 Score. 3/4 Players Are Cannot Make 4000/5000 Kills , You Guys Were about 35 And we were just 3/4.

White

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2013, 11:03:05 pm »
6 people not spawning does not make up for the 1000 kill deficit either.  I told our team to stop spawning simply because there was 25+ reds raiding our base using extremely lame tactics (i.e spazzes, rocket launchers, drive-bys, SEASPARROWS, etc.).  Also, we came back in 30 minutes after we quit spawning which is not nearly enough time to make a major difference in the score.  The fact that y'all decided to spawn and take a beating rather than log off and get more team mates online is not our problem. 

Give me all the brain donor ratings y'all want, but we clearly made the smarter decision.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 11:22:26 pm by White »
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2013, 11:22:04 pm »
6 people not spawning does not make up for the 1000 kill deficit either.  I told our team to stop spawning simply because there was 25+ reds raiding our base using extremely lame tactics (i.e spazzes, rocket launchers, drive-bys, SEASPARROWS, etc.).  Also, we came back in 20 minutes after we quit spawning which is not nearly enough time to make a major difference in the score.  The fact that y'all decided to spawn and take a beating rather than log off and get more team mates online is not our problem.
Yea, right. You seem to forget that when that happened we were only 100 points away, and getting ahead could very well motivate more people to play. And please your team did the exact same thing, raided our base with spazzes, Seasparrow, molotovs, snipers, drive-by, etc.... so that's not really a valid argument. And we spawned because we're not cowards, we were there to play the game, if we didn't want to play we'd leave the server, but you guys didn't leave, you stayed a long time on the spawn screen just chatting before you left the server. Refusing to spawn while inside the server just to keep your lead is against the event itself. We had no enemies to fight, you stagnated the event.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

White

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2013, 11:42:16 pm »
Yea, right. You seem to forget that when that happened we were only 100 points away, and getting ahead could very well motivate more people to play. And please your team did the exact same thing, raided our base with spazzes, Seasparrow, molotovs, snipers, drive-by, etc.... so that's not really a valid argument. And we spawned because we're not cowards, we were there to play the game, if we didn't want to play we'd leave the server, but you guys didn't leave, you stayed a long time on the spawn screen just chatting before you left the server. Refusing to spawn while inside the server just to keep your lead is against the event itself. We had no enemies to fight, you stagnated the event.

It shouldn't matter if your teams behind or not.  If you're behind it should motivate more players to fight so your team can win and if you're ahead players should still log on to protect the lead.  If your team mates are not logging on because their losing, then obviously y'all are bigger quitters than we ever were.  Our team played the game smarter and won, end of story.

ulkaki

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2013, 11:59:45 pm »
Thats Why Team Blue Is Leading Us With 1000 Score. 3/4 Players Are Cannot Make 4000/5000 Kills , You Guys Were about 35 And we were just 3/4.

I call this lack of preparation and commitment. ULK/EAF have been gathering members for the past 3 weeks. We had 10-15 ULKs ingame or at least on Mumble throughout the event. EAF also brought in around 5-10 active members who played as a great team. Not to mention, the "Russians" were essentially wiping out the server, despite being outnumbered.

VU did a a great job too in the Red team. Unfortunately though, all the other gangs and clanless players... I shall restrain myself from commenting.

Now can someone please lock this topic please before we get too off topic.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:04:04 am by ulkaki »
Agree Agree x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

NewK

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2013, 12:03:49 am »
It shouldn't matter if your teams behind or not.  If you're behind it should motivate more players to fight so your team can win and if you're ahead players should still log on to protect the lead.  If your team mates are not logging on because their losing, then obviously y'all are bigger quitters than we ever were.  Our team played the game smarter and won, end of story.
Being behind motivates people to play, but being ahead too, the screenshots above are a proof of that. In VW1 the red team(ULK+VU) were outnumbered too and they were losing and in the last hours there were very few of them ingame, so yea people also lose their motivation if they are losing. And yea, we were behind and it motivated us, and when we got close to catching up, you sat on your spawn screen like cowards. Call it whatever you want to make you feel better. But atleast we didn't go against the event itself and stopped it just so we wouldn't lose points. Your team had more players and won, it's the same every vicewar, not once has the team with less players won in this last 3 years.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 12:24:35 am by NewK »

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 04, 2013, 12:03:51 am »
but the situation I'm talking about was in the morning(GMT+1) you weren't there, it was when there was like 5 or 6 blues only, so you didn't see what I'm referring to. And no they weren't AFKing to wait for other blues, they were talking in the chat while they were on the spawn screen, you didn't see that, it was really a "strategy" of them to not lose points.
I was one of the 6 blues. I do get your point tho'.

ulkaki

• Likes to post
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 04, 2013, 12:11:38 am »
Final score: 4040 Blue - 2973 Red

Even if Red team had better planning, more players, or anything - even if server didn't crash so often, even if Blue team played in a way that Red team deems "fair" etc etc...

Even if...

There is no denying that Blue would have won anyway. 1067 kills lead - A clear and decisive victory for the Blue team.

Congratulations Blue, and good game Red!
Agree Agree x 3 Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

PaGlia

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2013, 12:13:11 am »
Final score: 4040 Blue - 2973 Red

Even if Red team had better planning, more players, or anything - even if server didn't crash so often, even if Blue team played in a way that Red team deems "fair" etc etc...

Even if...

There is no denying that Blue would have won anyway. 1067 kills lead is a clear and decisive victory for the Blue team.

Congratulations Blue, and good game Red!
Yeah! :)

Special Thanks to: Ethan, MrParadoX, & aki*.