Rob the Vehicle
10 (15.9%)
Polski Serwer
1 (1.6%)
China VC:MP Server
3 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Voting closed: February 15, 2020, 01:28:55 am

Author Topic: Category - Best Unofficial Server  (Read 1260 times)

mairee

• Moderatorz0r
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Category - Best Unofficial Server
« on: January 31, 2020, 07:52:29 pm »
Server of the Year - Best Unofficial Server

Nominees:
  • Daydream RP
  • Vice City Cops & Robbers
  • Brasil Real RPG
  • American Roleplay
  • Grand Theft Auto European City
  • Evolution Attack Defense
  • VKs Official Server
  • ViceLand
  • Evolution Deathmatch
  • Liberty City Stories
  • Rob the Vehicle
  • Polski Serwer
  • China VC:MP Server
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:16:23 am by Xmair »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VU Full Member | VCDC 6 Coordinator & Scripter | EG A/D Contributor | Developer of VCCNR | Developer of KTB | Ex-Scripter of EAD

Hazard

• Crazy Man
  • RELAX!
    • View Profile
Re: Category - Best Unofficial Server
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 07:10:34 am »
This choice is a little bit hard, it has a lot of servers who I used to play daily but sadly there's only one choice so I'd love to vote for Grand Theft Auto European City for creating a best, moderated and lag-free deathmatch server for every player. I guess there are no players who haven't atleast heard the name of EC.

I'll always keep supporting all of the servers in the list and appreciate them too! :)
Funny Funny x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 11:21:57 am »
E-A/D

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

Saim

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Crazy Man
  • Life is Torment
    • View Profile

"All hope is gone"

Credits to me

Roystang

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • rerere
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 10:45:43 am »
vccnr dab

VCDC 6 Admin/Designer, VW8 Designer, VW9 Mod/Designer, VCDM Developer, VCCNR Admin, EG-A.D Moderator, RTV/TDW Admin

Drakola

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Crazy Man
  • Do good have good.
    • View Profile

Credit: [VU]RoyStang

VU Rookie | VC:MP Player Since 2016

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 11:17:30 am »
The case of official - unofficial has always made me think. Servers that are unique or implement unique solutions should be official.

Why is VCCNR, the only maintained Cops and Robbers server in VCMP not an official server? But...
...what is this PTP on the Official list if not another eternally empty variant of an A/D gamemode?

Why is Liberty Unleashed, a total conversion server an official one but LCS-DM which accomplishes the same isn't?

Why is EAD not an official server when it's the only active A/D one with community-wide events? CTF is an official server, and apparently the only reason is because Murdock is in a leadership role.

I know the conditions required for a server to become official, it's just that I don't believe they're correct.
Code: [Select]
If the server was listed as official in 2011 and earlier, it'll remain official today.
If the server is actively maintained and headed or developed by a VC:MP / LU developer or VC:MP / LU beta tester, the server will be promoted to official status.

Anyway my vote goes for VCCNR. If you're a dinosaur, playing it makes you feel like you're in 2013 again: young community and new faces (or people with 99 nicks) showing up on a weekly / monthly basis.
Agree Agree x 2 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 11:36:31 am »
Yeah, I mean, I think that the whole idea of 'official' servers is suspect. It's a strange way to categorise servers, because the flip side of it is that it designates a bunch of servers as 'unofficial'.

I understand the desire for devs to promote well-administrated, well-scripted and secure servers, to act as a showcase for what VC:MP can be, and to reward servers that drive the mod forward, but the terminology seems off.

Perhaps a better word would be 'Sponsored' servers, or 'Endorsed' servers.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 08:57:16 pm »

Code: [Select]
If the server was listed as official in 2011 and earlier, it'll remain official today.
If the server is actively maintained and headed or developed by a VC:MP / LU developer or VC:MP / LU beta tester, the server will be promoted to official status.

Interesting, I did not know this. All these years I always thought it was due to the merits of the server itself. If that's all there really is to it then I agree, official is a horrible categorization. All that does is offer a free lesson in politics
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

MarshM

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 07:56:11 pm »
Evolution A/D

Image Credits [ULK]Gulk

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2020, 10:21:09 pm »
Give a beta tester status of a developer of your server and your server will be official. Administration don't matter at all. It could be full of cheaters and status wouldn't change (lw for an example).

Anyway, although I wasn't there much, vccnr is the most deserving of this title.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:27:23 pm by Milko »