May 02, 2024, 05:06:15 pm

Author Topic: Tournament predictions  (Read 2485 times)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
Re: Tournament predictions
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2020, 11:41:00 am »
Fulton getting knocked way too early.
Tim making it to top 8.
Riddier going in top 16.
Siezer and Marty getting knocked before top 8.
Hazard & LumberJack going all the way in strongly.

This VCDC is giving quite good surprises.
Funny Funny x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2020, 03:11:42 pm »
All in for FrailyV, vas a ganar esto hermano  8)
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

FrailyV

• Regular
  • Soy la respuesta por si preguntas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2020, 02:16:33 am »
All in for FrailyV, vas a ganar esto hermano  8)

dare lo mejor hermano!
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2020, 07:13:56 pm »
So there are only 4 left in the game.

Good luck to everyone, but my vote for Fercho, I hope you win.
Agree Agree x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2020, 12:01:36 pm »
Since no SS members are left i would like someone to break the Asian( India and Pakistan mostly) dominance on VCDC since the event was created 11 years ago, that leaves Gynla and Fercho but i would like to see a spanish speaking player from america such as Fercho to become VCDC champion. However thats what i would like to happen but i think the champ will most likely come out from Lumberjack vs Hazard semifinal, these two MD guys are really good.
Agree Agree x 3 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2020, 07:32:21 pm »
Gynla
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2020, 03:59:36 am »
Fercho, 1000000ecd in

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2020, 06:50:28 am »
This VCDC is a tale of underdogs.

Fercho is a straight-up long-term underdog. Season 4 semi-finalist, season 5 finalist. Now he waltzes in from semi-retirement and clears a clean path through every opponent he faces.

Like I said in VU private boards, even if he doesn't win the next match, he's been confirmed as one of VC:MP's all-time greats. The data speaks for itself - he's up there on the VC:MP duelling Mount Rushmore with Hanney, Kingkong, Prontera and GaLL. The fact that he's still rarely mentioned when people talk about best duellers in VC:MP history makes him a true underdog.

Hazard, Lumber and Gynla are three new underdogs; strong-ass players who have turned people's expectations on their heads. Exceptional. Keep it up, guys!
Agree Agree x 3 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2020, 07:21:10 am »
This VCDC is a tale of underdogs.

Fercho is a straight-up long-term underdog. Season 4 semi-finalist, season 5 finalist. Now he waltzes in from semi-retirement and clears a clean path through every opponent he faces.

Like I said in VU private boards, even if he doesn't win the next match, he's been confirmed as one of VC:MP's all-time greats. The data speaks for itself - he's up there on the VC:MP duelling Mount Rushmore with Hanney, Kingkong, Prontera and GaLL. The fact that he's still rarely mentioned when people talk about best duellers in VC:MP history makes him a true underdog.

Hazard, Lumber and Gynla are three new underdogs; strong-ass players who have turned people's expectations on their heads. Exceptional. Keep it up, guys!
HI there charley i also fought those guys and gotta say GaLL/[RN]Ermin the polish guy was above all of them, but come on KingKong lost in both VCDC1/2 and he couldnt even reach the quarter finals, also hanney never dared to participate in any VCDC season so yea they were so good but with this i mean we all know this is not an eSports game but come on its not the same randomly fighting a guy on CTF or EAD than doing it in a VCDC cage even if you dont care you can feel the shakes, with this said i would like to demand some reward to the ones who dared to fight other top-notch players and succesfully won like ashay, ajeet, koray, noori and freak, especially [SS]Freak who showed some major dominance on all of his matches.

Hanney has been one of the best players in VC:MP history but he has never participated on VCDC because he knew he could lose and that fact automatically situates any VCDC winner above him.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Piterus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2020, 01:24:16 pm »
It's very hard to compare players from different eras, we don't know how they would perform today. Possibly many of today's players were not even in the world yet, or they were very small in the 0.1d/0.3 times. It is difficult to answer the question whether there was more competition - in the past or today. For example what Abdi or 210W did a few years ago with M4 was beyond the reach of many, today every second player specializes in this weapon (more or less legal, debatable).

We all have a tendency to embellish the past and have a picture of the great masters of vcmp in mind, many of them really were. On the other hand, we have players who keep at least a satisfactory level regardless of the version, and for good reason some nicknames appear more often than others.

It seems to me that the most important thing we can do is be competitive for a long time and achieve our own peak, regardless of whether it is a local tournament (yes, vcmp is also for example tournaments in Poland, which were/are really competitive, on smaller communities or just on less popular servers), an events, leagues, dunno, Vice War, being the master of one server or VCDC.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 01:55:25 pm by Piterus »
Agree Agree x 4 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

VC:MP since 2012, LU-DM Team Owner, some other things also in the past.

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2020, 08:38:31 am »
Yeah I mean I think this debate is better placed in another topic, but I agree with what you guys said.

Leaving KingKong aside, the reason I put Fercho on Mount Rushmore with the others is because they're the only players I've met who can drop in any time, sometimes with months or even years-long gaps between playing, and pwn pretty much anyone they come across in a duel without needing to train. They have a sense for the game, its mechanics and dynamics, that surpasses 99.9% of us. It's not for any of their single peaks, but rather their consistent ability to drop in and show even the most well-trained players how things are done.

I just wanted to big-up my man Fercho, cos I think he deserves some praise and we're all wicked proud of him here in VU.
Agree Agree x 1 Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts