April 27, 2024, 07:38:42 pm

Author Topic: Why VCMP Should NOT Exist  (Read 3329 times)

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Why VCMP Should NOT Exist
« on: March 26, 2020, 12:12:16 pm »
Hello kids,

There have been many topics praising the existence of this mod, its freedom when it comes to dming and etc. During my VCMP journey, I have witnessed plenty of memorable times, moments that when you somehow intend to leave the game force you to go back and open the VCMP browser.

I was just playing some duels with some random guy (it's not hard to admit I getting rekt ((as many say)) I am not even a half of what I was) whose name I will of course not mention, and while I was playing I just started thinking why this mod should not definitely exist anymore

Saying the community of this wonderful game is highly toxic sounds cliche nowadays, and even though it is, it's not definitely a reason for leaving a game.

The 1st reason to admit that having this game alive is a sin, is hosts, in fact, this is the reason itself of why this game should not exist anymore. Believe it or not, low pingers (mostly European players, as hosts are often in Paris or Berlin) are always on disadvantage, but as most members of the community are high pinger users, they tend to hide themselves among each other to create the false belief that playing with people that has over 150 ping is fair, but in no way is it fair.

Back in 2017, there was a match on VCDC finals, jUan (who I don't get along well with) vs Freak (a very close friend of mine) and it doesn't hurt admitting that jUan was in clear disadvantage, as a low-pinger, he was forced to OVER-lead aim to reach Freak, of course, I am not saying that without lag, jUan would have won, but, realizing he was in disadvantage is a point to be made. For laggers like me (LA player) it's easy to get used to playing under laggy conditions and eventually you'll consider yourself a pro because you are untouchable, but, this is not due to your mighty skills, but to your lag and to me, it looks like lagging has turned into an "ego-booster", as the more unhittable you are due to lag, the more you brag.

The 2nd reason, and the most despicable one, is the normalization of these behaviors on the game, that have eventually made of VC an "unplayable" game for many. Yes, what I mean by normalizing these behaviors, I mean that we have normalized the "high pingers" are fair players is one of them and this is something that in other games is completely impossible, you won't find it normal in games like Fortnite or Apex Legends, and going stages down, not even games like CS:GO or similar ones, will allow that. Probably around 80% of the VCMP players are Asian or American people that play in European servers, funny, huh.

Just to close this shit, I'd like to say, that in no way I am directly encouraging to the closure of this mod, as it's just a part of being critical towards something; also, many friends of mine and of yours, are here, and this is certainly the only thing that unites both parts, isn't it? It's normal, many people are attached to the game due to friendships, memories or even factions, many people love scripting for VCMP, many others love just chilling online in Vice City, and that's where RPG and other alternatives appear, but I ain't going that deep.

Of course, this is just my point of view and in no way am I intending to encourage you to leave nor close the game, I'm just seeing the other face of the whole thing and viewing it from a critical point, but well, I don't expect you all to understand.

.....____________________ , ,__
....../ `---___________----_____|] - - - - - - - - ░ ▒▓▓█D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

This gun above, is to protect yourself from retarded repliers/replies, use it in case of:

1. Butthurting
2. Provoking
3. Useless replies 
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 12:14:41 pm by lederhos »
Winner Winner x 1 Friendly Friendly x 4 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

[0] [VU]BliTz: lederhoes sounds like trump

credits to ponky ponky

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
Re: Why VCMP Should NOT Exist
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 01:08:57 pm »

hi retard, vc-mp made me what i'm today, well it did influence me to some part of my life. so shut the fuck up 

:D have a nice daaaaaaaaaye and t.c
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

Thomas

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 01:09:25 pm »
x

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009

Dr.Shawn

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 03:33:10 pm »

hi retard, vc-mp made me what i'm today, well it did influence me to some part of my life. so shut the fuck up 

why so pissed
Agree Agree x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 2 (list)

Thomas

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 03:45:14 pm »
-image-

why so pissed

Quarantine side effects bro.
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009

Jack_Noodle

• Fanatic
  • Allah <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 04:48:25 pm »
you don't know manys play with single player
Funny Funny x 2 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

Castagna

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Veteran. EA Server Owner, ex-VU Co-Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 07:31:11 pm »
This is most likely to be the kind of post that makes me log-in and put my two cents, especially at the time during quarentine.

To clear up a little bit: VC:MP was and is an unnofficial mod, there aren't or weren't companies like R* behind the development and constant moderation. There wasn't money behind or such any type of interests. Just a few GTA amateur lovers and eventually programmers, decided to get into the adventure by their own. And since that moment, a community takes the lead of it by contributing through playing, and essentially bringing servers and gamemodes to feed the options. As well as the same people that created the mod, all the servers were conceptually created (gamemode) and codded (scripts) and served to the community (independently hosted & paid from their pockets) to just play by a click and brought to reallity some of the many legendary servers that existed.

This is a community unnofficial mod standing by the pass of the time and modernity as it can. Comparisons with Fortnite, Apex, CS:GO won't never ever fit in the same box as VC:MP. Not even speaking about those are modern games, but the main reason is that those games were created and moderated by companies. There are other type of interests, and the money that game companies invest are proportional to their popularity & playercount.

The difference I point out is clear and huge. That's not a reason in my opinion, every unnofficial mod from certain official game start as a community project from the day zero. Fortnite or CS:GO players don't suffer ping issues or "unfair" advantages over laggers: yes, that's the role from their companies, because they can. Because they have the budget the project size and the team to set up match-making sessions in "South-American" "North-American" "European" or "Asian" and so on servers. And to speak the truth, there are a few official multiplayer games that just the half of match-making options I listed there just to cut the budget a bit... 

So if we expect match-making sessions to have equality, let me tell you something: you have been playing the wrong game for a long time. This has always been like that. Along the time I'm in touch with this mod I have seen mostly European Servers due to the fact that a big number of game-servers and players started it from there. There were American servers as well but a few and they didn't do well.

Yes, you can judge maybe the fact that you don't find many location-based servers variety but that are pure facts too: there isn't a significant demand of (for example) American players to have a official server hub version from there. And like I mentioned before, the hosting expenses are still covered by the same people like you could be, but with dedication and a touch of nostalic I personally feel.

You can't just be that demanding if you have my points in mind, except if you are willing to invest in more server hosts in Asia or America. The ethos of a community are contributions in the first place, everyone could have easily claimed the same thing way before after getting raged by ping issues. This is old story and it is just about having the dimensions of what VC:MP really is.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 07:37:23 pm by Castagna »
Agree Agree x 6 Informative Informative x 5 (list)

VC:MP Veteran. Extreme Addicts Owner, ex-VU Co-Leader.

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 07:41:22 pm »
lederhos crybaby go play fortnite
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 3 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 08:44:24 pm »
This is most likely to be the kind of post that makes me log-in and put my two cents, especially at the time during quarentine.

To clear up a little bit: VC:MP was and is an unnofficial mod, there aren't or weren't companies like R* behind the development and constant moderation. There wasn't money behind or such any type of interests. Just a few GTA amateur lovers and eventually programmers, decided to get into the adventure by their own. And since that moment, a community takes the lead of it by contributing through playing, and essentially bringing servers and gamemodes to feed the options. As well as the same people that created the mod, all the servers were conceptually created (gamemode) and codded (scripts) and served to the community (independently hosted & paid from their pockets) to just play by a click and brought to reallity some of the many legendary servers that existed.

This is a community unnofficial mod standing by the pass of the time and modernity as it can. Comparisons with Fortnite, Apex, CS:GO won't never ever fit in the same box as VC:MP. Not even speaking about those are modern games, but the main reason is that those games were created and moderated by companies. There are other type of interests, and the money that game companies invest are proportional to their popularity & playercount.

The difference I point out is clear and huge. That's not a reason in my opinion, every unnofficial mod from certain official game start as a community project from the day zero. Fortnite or CS:GO players don't suffer ping issues or "unfair" advantages over laggers: yes, that's the role from their companies, because they can. Because they have the budget the project size and the team to set up match-making sessions in "South-American" "North-American" "European" or "Asian" and so on servers. And to speak the truth, there are a few official multiplayer games that just the half of match-making options I listed there just to cut the budget a bit... 

So if we expect match-making sessions to have equality, let me tell you something: you have been playing the wrong game for a long time. This has always been like that. Along the time I'm in touch with this mod I have seen mostly European Servers due to the fact that a big number of game-servers and players started it from there. There were American servers as well but a few and they didn't do well.

Yes, you can judge maybe the fact that you don't find many location-based servers variety but that are pure facts too: there isn't a significant demand of (for example) American players to have a official server hub version from there. And like I mentioned before, the hosting expenses are still covered by the same people like you could be, but with dedication and a touch of nostalic I personally feel.

You can't just be that demanding if you have my points in mind, except if you are willing to invest in more server hosts in Asia or America. The ethos of a community are contributions in the first place, everyone could have easily claimed the same thing way before after getting raged by ping issues. This is old story and it is just about having the dimensions of what VC:MP really is.

You got a point in the part of budget, I am pretty self-aware of this, but that means that you are indirectly accepting the existence of this unfairness in-game due to the lack of budget, isn't it? Point A

Second part, why are you saying that I am demanding things? Did you ever ser me saying, we should do this, we should get this or this? Hmmm no, I just pointed out the negative side of the game and you completely mistook my point, also by adding the clause that " You have been playing the wrong game all time" but, where was I demanding something? Where was I regretting from playing VCMP? Did I say that? Hmmm, no, those are just random thoughts that came across my mind, and my arguments are backed by many, of course, you won't see high-pingers ever agreeing with me.

Now, to finish my response to your quote, yeah you definitely got a good point (no budget = partially poor results) this means you are accepting this, having poor results due to the lack of investment means that it is worth-existing although the unfairness and the presence of huge flaws while playing? Hmm no, and that's the point of my question that I hope you understand this time if you ever read.

PD: I know I can't expect much from VCMP, does that avoid me from being critical? Nah, I think such thing is missing in this community.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:46:48 pm by lederhos »

credits to ponky ponky

Thomas

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 09:40:44 pm »
If you can't buy a modern game from steam library, don't cry on VC-MP being unstable piece of shit.

There's a big majority of players who cannot afford a legally bought online multiplayer game so they look for free unofficial free mods.
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 6 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009

Drakola

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Crazy Man
  • Do good have good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 09:53:11 pm »
Bruh, wasted my thusday.

Credit: [VU]RoyStang

VU Rookie | VC:MP Player Since 2016

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 10:47:16 pm »
If you can't buy a modern game from steam library, don't cry on VC-MP being unstable piece of shit.

There's a big majority of players who cannot afford a legally bought online multiplayer game so they look for free unofficial free mods.

So, am I supposed to allow you to treat me like that when I haven't even insulted nor adressed you, nor talked not anything so far? Also, in case you are joking, I don't remember having such closeness with you.
Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

credits to ponky ponky

Thomas

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 11:35:40 pm »
Press F, it's a public topic. No one addressed you by your name afaik.

I'll add, 'majority'

Let me be very clear, this wasn't a personal attack to your ego, the only intention was to show the reality of major players who cannot afford a legally bought game so they look for free alternatives, and if you don't like the free alternative because you can have a better platform then at least do not complain about how a free alternative is bad as compared to paid one,. Because it's free, it's true that developers have given up their time to provide a free alternative to those who cannot have fun without this. So in summary,  VCMP along with other kids such as SAMP or GTA IV mod, the new mod GTA Connected might be based on a bad game engine but at least it's playable and people just keep coming back to it for a reason.

Rate brain donor plz
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 11:43:09 pm by Thomas »
Funny Funny x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009

Fercho

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 09:25:54 pm »
Thomas, I think you have posted enough here, stay away from this topic already. Your hostile behaviour against Lederhos for no reason is something that has brought my attention and maybe others'.

About the topic itself, I kinda find out what your point is Led. However, that doesn't mean most of community will get it the same way. The main reason is because most of VCMP players are Asians; they might feel a little uncomortable with your thoughts and so they may be offended with that said.

Clarifying that, everything lies in what Castagna mentions, this is a mod created by fans who were not looking for a lucrative purpose and who did not have the necessary equipment either. What has been done to this day is thanks to the will and initiative of members of this community who have volunteered to keep this game alive with what is possible.  Nevertheless, I can't hide my agreement to your thoughts. People might start to say 'ey but you lag yourself, 10 fps bla bla' and that shit, and I don't really care about it anymore. I acknowledge the way I used to lag, and still do and it's completely different unlike before. I'm just trying to clear out facts and give my opinion.

In the same way that for the Europeans it is more difficult to play with us (Americans), and Asians. For us it is to play with Asians since it is a fact that our pings are generally within 150-200, we put ourselves in a similar situation with those of 200+ ping. Our own ping and theirs makes everything more complicated. And the problem isn't that at all, it is:
eventually you'll consider yourself a pro because you are untouchable, but, this is not due to your mighty skills, but to your lag and to me, it looks like lagging has turned into an "ego-booster", as the more unhittable you are due to lag, the more you brag.
I've seen it a ton of times, and maybe I've done it myself a few times to those who brag out even more about themselves. Well yeah, that's the way this game has settled to be, and unfortunately there's no other thing to that can be done so far. That's one of the main reasons I've stopped playing this game so often; I tried to come back a few months ago but due to nowadays players I left again. And as I said before, this isn't a complain, here we are trying to have a polite conversation about the topic.

Where I'm trying go is, we all have learnt to deal with how this game is. It has became relatively normal, and the things we have now, is what it's going to be until the final day. That being said it is undeniable, that many have somehow enjoyed the game, including all those flaws, which to tell the truth, are innocent, the creators of the mod used the resources they had and thereby succeeded in doing a good job.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 10:15:34 pm »
Thomas, I think you have posted enough here, stay away from this topic already. Your hostile behaviour against Lederhos for no reason is something that has brought my attention and maybe others'.

About the topic itself, I kinda find out what your point is Led. However, that doesn't mean most of community will get it the same way. The main reason is because most of VCMP players are Asians; they might feel a little uncomortable with your thoughts and so they may be offended with that said.

Clarifying that, everything lies in what Castagna mentions, this is a mod created by fans who were not looking for a lucrative purpose and who did not have the necessary equipment either. What has been done to this day is thanks to the will and initiative of members of this community who have volunteered to keep this game alive with what is possible.  Nevertheless, I can't hide my agreement to your thoughts. People might start to say 'ey but you lag yourself, 10 fps bla bla' and that shit, and I don't really care about it anymore. I acknowledge the way I used to lag, and still do and it's completely different unlike before. I'm just trying to clear out facts and give my opinion.

In the same way that for the Europeans it is more difficult to play with us (Americans), and Asians. For us it is to play with Asians since it is a fact that our pings are generally within 150-200, we put ourselves in a similar situation with those of 200+ ping. Our own ping and theirs makes everything more complicated. And the problem isn't that at all, it is:
eventually you'll consider yourself a pro because you are untouchable, but, this is not due to your mighty skills, but to your lag and to me, it looks like lagging has turned into an "ego-booster", as the more unhittable you are due to lag, the more you brag.
I've seen it a ton of times, and maybe I've done it myself a few times to those who brag out even more about themselves. Well yeah, that's the way this game has settled to be, and unfortunately there's no other thing to that can be done so far. That's one of the main reasons I've stopped playing this game so often; I tried to come back a few months ago but due to nowadays players I left again. And as I said before, this isn't a complain, here we are trying to have a polite conversation about the topic.

Where I'm trying go is, we all have learnt to deal with how this game is. It has became relatively normal, and the things we have now, is what it's going to be until the final day. That being said it is undeniable, that many have somehow enjoyed the game, including all those flaws, which to tell the truth, are innocent, the creators of the mod used the resources they had and thereby succeeded in doing a good job.

yeah man you got it the way it is, nevertheless I talked to Castagna personally about this in EA few days back and yeah, it was nothing heated just some exchange of opinions and that's it.

I told aXXo man that just after 7 years of playing this mod I'm just now starting to assimilate how it actually works and etc and to be honest I don't intend either on leaving this game at short term hehe fuck it, thanks for sharing your thoughts as it was the plan of it.

credits to ponky ponky