April 27, 2024, 05:26:31 am

Author Topic: The Best VW ?  (Read 950 times)

Silent

• Fanatic
  • Chainsaw and Spaz better than Any Explosives
    • View Profile
The Best VW ?
« on: June 29, 2022, 11:05:46 am »
Well guys, we have had 9 Vice Wars and there is sadly the fear that we may not reach double digits  :-\

With that said I thought i would get a little discussion going with both old and new players, Which VW was the most fun for you guys. This could be great teamwork, The competitiveness, The map and also The development/staff team

For me, I enjoyed VW 7 the biker brawl the most, I loved fighting in the DT area and the multiple teams just made it feel more massive and there was bigger chances for high K/D Ratio's. I also liked the locations the capture points were in with my favourite being on top of the VAJ building as you had to watch out for constant heliblades and getting knocked off the building. I only played 6 to 9 so I may of missed some of the early ones that may of been good, post your guys opinions below, would love to hear them
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
Re: The Best VW ?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 01:22:46 pm »
One of the things that I was not able to appreciate from this community were Vice-Wars. I was often away at the time these events were organised.

However, out of the three Vice-Wars I participated in (VW3, VW7 & VW9), I prefer Vice War 3 because of my age at that moment. Everything is magic when you are 11 years old in this kind of games, you feel it different.
Agree Agree x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 10:19:04 am »
Vice War 2 is still my absolute favourite but as Calhoun said, things feel way different when you're younger. That was my first ever VW and man did I love the chaos. I was young back then and the uppers thought between VW2 and VW3 that the Sea Sparrow is something you can't balance and better we take it out, didn't like that cuz that's what made VW2 so fun at the Junkyard.

I agree with you Silent on Vice War 7, that's my second fav. Multiple teams really made that Vice War tense in a good way. You might swoop in and eliminate an enemy team and capture the base but there's another team watching you all ready to make their strike on you, you couldn't drop your guard with that VW.

VW5/6 are equally third favourite. I don't remember who it was but I remember being trapped as shit at Cherry Poppers base in VW6 because someone took the roof near bank and was RPG sniping us real damn good. And since that base was so close to enemy home base it was a constant hell defending ourselves till backup finally arrived and we loaded up on some helis and scatter. Then I remember taking the enemy heli which were colour coded and everytime the Russians would pin us down I just helibladed the entire entrance clearing up the home base for us lol. Good times.

In terms of management/development, there are seasons to it. I missed VW4 but I heard it sucked so bad, and that's how I got into development cuz we ran out of ideas. VW5 was such a good concept to aXXo, without hesitation he just scripted it and voila, Vice War 5: Escobar Escapade. While I directed the gamemode concepts from 5 to 8, by the time we hit VW8, it was that time again like VW4 to switch things up i.e. my season was over. VW8 became more of a proof of concept when it comes to aerial warfare than a favourite among many. The only favourite I truly hear from 8 is the Bomber Planes  :D

VW9 brought back the classical style (which bored the hell out of me personally) but really showed me that there were a lot of old folks in the back wanting back that nostalgia of the 0.3z days and maybe even that's season is back again.

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 10:29:19 am »
Well guys, we have had 9 Vice Wars and there is sadly the fear that we may not reach double digits  :-\

Gonna double post on this point. Things have changed a lot worldwide and its affecting many of us unfortunately. Everyone's in a "survival mode", myself included. Majority of the development team are at a point where we're starting families or trying to set that foundation in our lives to be truly comfortable in the adult world. I've stepped down after VW8 and don't really have the time to even step back in seeing the stagnation. So, VW10 is going down a bad road

Shadow.Jack^

• Fanatic
  • Polar Bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 04:57:24 pm »
I have started from Vice War 6 which is Nostalgic. I will go with Vice War 9 because that is the only VW I have played for longer and been #OneManArmy most of the time.

MD619

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VU4LiFe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 11:35:00 pm »
Vice War 6 When you experience something new with younger mind it gets printed in your heart forever same happened with me when I played vice war 6, it was my first vice war <3

Roystang's art

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2022, 03:39:00 am »
VW10 is going down a bad road

If there are any active scripters and/or organisers who wanna step up, holla! All our events have involved passing the baton down to new generations of VC:MP players, seems like the time is ripe to do it again with VW.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

Saim

• Vice Underdog Rookie
  • Crazy Man
  • Life is Torment
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2022, 08:56:27 am »
I liked Vice War VI & VII. both scripted well, but Vice War VI gameplay was amazing.

"All hope is gone"

Credits to me

Gohan

• Vice War Contributor
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2022, 11:15:40 pm »
The Escobar Escapade by far the best.

Biker Brawl was something different, but mostly the teamwork that my team developed was very well.

Lost in Liberty, good performance from both teams, but unfortunately the activity from the Portland Union were lack on the start of the event. I do remember this one as the last one of Secret Slayers, where SS made the 40% of the points of our team.
Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Quote from: NewK
First of all, amazing work Berkley, we need more people like you in this community, people who are willing to go the extra mile to catch these cunts.

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2022, 03:48:51 am »
It has to be Vicewar VI and VII. I loved both of them. However, I have to say that Vicewar VI was my favorite amongst all. It had the simplest of the concepts (Haitians vs Cubans), yet it was lots of non-stop fun in my opinion. You knew you wouldn't have to wander around for minutes and minutes looking for somebody, because the opponent was either raiding your base or at the very front of your spawnpoint. Car-surfing was on-point and both teams were equally balanced, I'd say it was the most balanced I have played from what I remember.

No doubt I'd love to be a part of another Vicewar soon!

[0] [VU]BliTz: lederhoes sounds like trump

credits to ponky ponky

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2022, 03:14:54 pm »
The Escobar Escapade by far the best.

Biker Brawl was something different, but mostly the teamwork that my team developed was very well.

Lost in Liberty, good performance from both teams, but unfortunately the activity from the Portland Union were lack on the start of the event. I do remember this one as the last one of Secret Slayers, where SS made the 40% of the points of our team.

sexiest sluts conveyoring in vcmp since ancient times

Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

lol55

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2022, 01:13:51 am »
[SS]Plun.
Nice name.