April 26, 2024, 07:48:14 am

Author Topic: Anyone with GTX 1060  (Read 738 times)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
Anyone with GTX 1060
« on: February 19, 2017, 10:56:27 pm »
Hello, a friend needs to buy new PC components and asked me to help with it.

These are his options:

i5 6600 + GTX 1060 - around 450$
i5 6600 + RX 480 - around 420$

or waiting for AM4 motherboard + processor Ryzen + X Videocard (depending on ryzen price, rx 460/470).

Does anybody have tested rx 480 or 1060 gtx? I have seen a lot of videos but i'm not still sure. They are fine for 6600?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 11:02:00 pm by CarterR7 »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
Re: Anyone with GTX 1060
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 11:15:21 pm »
I'd suggest him not to ever use an AMD product.
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

darkMatter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 03:28:34 am »
You may want to wait for Ryzen to come out. :)
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:18:11 am »
Nope, AMD products are made to disappoint. I think also any current existing i7 would thrash Ryzen.

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 09:07:45 am »
For the CPU line of things, I do agree that you should wait. Now is not the time for your friend to be wasting money if he could potentially have gotten something way out of the ballpark in performance for the price because for many years now Intel has been ripping their customers off in this regard. Not a single Intel chip is worth the money they're selling at.

For the GPU line of things, if you don't want to know what it feels like to buy a product only to regret it because the competitor has some nice features that are handy to you, then I suggest you buy the 1060 and forget AMD. When your friend is tired of FRAPS or DXTory messing up his framerate to record, or a slow CPU to convert video or do any 3D rendering work, believe you me you will regret buying the 480. Even if he doesn't use these now, it's better to have everything and not use versus not having everything when you need it, better value for the dollar. It's not like the 1060 has a price premium over the 480 and they're both the same more or less in gaming performance.

And yes the 6600 is enough for either 480 and 1060 but again, wait to see how Ryzen turns out cuz he could potentially get more for the money
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:16:01 am by GangstaRas »

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 08:59:56 pm »
I myself got a i5 660K and a MSI 1060 and I'm happy with it.

Be sure to wait for Ryzen though. It's definitely looking promising.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"