March 29, 2024, 01:52:34 am

Author Topic: Lucid Dreaming  (Read 8143 times)

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Lucid Dreaming
« on: March 12, 2012, 07:01:00 pm »

So yeah, I've been lucid dreaming for about 2 months now, and it's seriously awesome.
While Lucid dreaming you can do pretty much everything you want. Even sex, yes. But sometimes that turns into too much excitment and you eventually wake up.

But how do you lucid dream? Here are some tips:
MILD
Mnemonic Induced Lucid Dream

This method is familiar under the name MILD and has been invented by LaBerge.
According to LaBerge this method should be used when you have just awoken from an ordinary dream and you go back to sleep. The most important thing is your intent. You really have to believe what you say to yourself.

It is important to not want it too much. Try to let it come to you. If it doesn't work today, it will another time. Be patient.   
MILD in 3 easy steps:

1 - Remember
Tell yourself that you will awake from a dream and you will recall that dream upon awakening. When awakening from a dream, try and remember as much as you can.

2 - Set your intent
While drifting back to sleep, concentrate on your intent to be aware that you are dreaming. Repeat the following text, or one you write yourself:

I'm going to dream now. I'm in a dream. I'm aware of my dream.

If you find your thoughts wandering, bring them back softly, and keep repeating the words.

3 - Visualise
Now imagine yourself becoming lucid in your dream. Go back to the dream you had before you woke up and imagine you realize it is a dream. (If you couldn't remember any dreams when waking up, use another dream you previously recalled). See yourself realising you are dreaming. Visualise what you are going to do once you are lucid. (for example flying)

Repeat
Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you fall asleep.

The dream
If you are successful you will be inside a dream and you will suddenly realize that you are dreaming.

WILD
Wake Induced Lucid Dream

When using the WILD technique, you go from being awake, directly into the dreaming state. That's why it is called Wake Induced Lucid Dream
The trick is to recognize the hypnagogic state and stay conscious while it develops in dream images. You will then be able to literaly step into your own dream world.
The hypnagogic state occurs on the border between waking and sleeping. It can be anything from colored dots to flashes of color or complete images. As you keep paying attention to it they will develop into more detailed images and if you stay aware you will find yourself inside your dream.

WILD in 3 easy steps
The below steps are interwoven. I separated them to make the process clearer.

1 - Relax
The hypnagogic stage occurs when you are relaxed. So first you do a relaxation exersise.

Feel yourself breathing in and out. Breathe in and tense the muscles of your feet. Breathe out and relax the muscles of your feet. Breathe in and tense the muscles in your lower legs. Breathe out and relax them again. Go on until you have come to your head.

2 - Be aware
The next step is staying conscious, and not drifting off. Ways to do that are:

Counting 1 - I'm dreaming, 2 - I'm dreaming, 3 - I'm dreaming, etc.
Paying attention to yourself breathing, while counting every breath in and out.

Imagining yourself walking down stairs, counting every step.
A combination of all of the above.

3 - Enter your dream
If you succeed in staying aware your hypnagogic images will become clearer. You will suddenly have a feeling you can now step into your dream. This is very hard to describe. The word that comes close is "knowingness"

With this knowingness you can grab an object you see before you or zoom in on an image. This will pull you into the dream.

Keep practising
The hardest thing is to stay aware and not drifting off to sleep. If you don't succeed, keep trying. WILD can take some time to master but it is worth it.

Experienced WILDers can reach this state without the counting - they just relax, keep paying attention to the hypnagogic images and then consciously enter the dreaming state.

Discuss your lucid dreams mates!
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

GRAND

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP Polish Player
    • View Profile
Re: Lucid Dreaming
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 07:18:30 pm »
Yea i have tried that already, but it doesnt come, it worked maybe 2 or 3 times, i was logging my dreams into the notebook and nothing :( which type of method did u use for LD, Knucis?
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

asd

Deso

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 08:02:29 pm »
I don't have a bed large enough for me to spread my hands.  :(

Sephiroth

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:30:57 pm »
I don't have a bed large enough for me to spread my hands.  :(

LOLOLOLOLOLO
Cannot rate own posts

Zeke

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP and LU beta tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 08:44:32 pm »
So yeah, I've been lucid dreaming for about 2 months now, and it's seriously awesome.

And u share this with us NOW!?!?!?!?!?

InstallHook(0x405AC0,(DWORD)CantFindFuckingAnim,0x405A95,
CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode,sizeof(CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode));
-------------------------------------------------
[00:41:12] <~Murdock> actually just transfering files
[00:41:16] <~Murdock> sounds, clientscripts etc
[00:42:05] <heekzs> what transfer method you uses
[00:43:03] <~Murdock> speed of light

Verz

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 08:51:19 pm »
While Lucid dreaming you can do pretty much everything you want. Even sex, yes.

I'm definitely gonna try this tonight.

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 09:26:25 pm »
Yea i have tried that already, but it doesnt come, it worked maybe 2 or 3 times, i was logging my dreams into the notebook and nothing :( which type of method did u use for LD, Knucis?
Mostly MILDs

But I've been having more WILDs now. It's just better!

XGamer

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2012, 05:27:43 am »
I want it i get it  ;D

I dreamed sex, shit you don't want to know with who  :D

Playing VC:MP since September 2008.

Crossfire|OutlawZ

• Crazy Man
  • Wubba Lubba DUBB DUBBB BIAAAAATCH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2012, 07:01:17 am »
happened with me more than a hundred times, it felt like there's a demon in my room because i used to get weirdly ghostish dreams, specially the time when i go to sleep after watching and playing horror movies and games

i still don't get what it is but i am just describing my part of dreams
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:05:31 am by Crossfire|OutlawZ »

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 07:28:16 am »
didn't work, screw you guys.

Verz

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2012, 08:43:24 am »

Zeke

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP and LU beta tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 09:53:24 am »
It doesnt happen from the first time you know "fuckas"

Anyways it worked. Was dreaming about me winning the MMA title hhhhhhhhhh

InstallHook(0x405AC0,(DWORD)CantFindFuckingAnim,0x405A95,
CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode,sizeof(CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode));
-------------------------------------------------
[00:41:12] <~Murdock> actually just transfering files
[00:41:16] <~Murdock> sounds, clientscripts etc
[00:42:05] <heekzs> what transfer method you uses
[00:43:03] <~Murdock> speed of light

buda

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 10:01:07 am »
it kind of worked for me today, i dream that i was in barcelona warching Barcelona vs Real Madrid, and real won 0-5 aftewards a bunch of real radicals went to Barcelona's stadium and planted a bomb with all the Barça fans still there

<33 epic shit man i love it
Cannot rate own posts

Verz

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 10:45:01 am »
it kind of worked for me today, i dream that i was in barcelona warching Barcelona vs Real Madrid, and real won 0-5 aftewards a bunch of real radicals went to Barcelona's stadium and planted a bomb with all the Barça fans still there

<33 epic shit man i love it
Haha, nice one  :) .

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2012, 11:24:35 am »
the thing that sounds scariest to me is the "sleep paralysis" thing. :v