April 19, 2024, 12:37:08 am

Author Topic: Cooling FX 8350  (Read 576 times)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
Cooling FX 8350
« on: December 21, 2018, 03:59:28 pm »
Sup dudes, my brother has gifted me a FX 8350 along with a Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ motherboard and 8gb ram, and certainly is not something I'd decline looking forward to update my old PC and have two, say, 'competitive' ones;

This FX 8350 monster gets high temperatures, due to which I am not sure of what to buy for cooling it; with the lowest budget possible

It's either a Cooler Master Hyper-H410r or a Hyper 212 Evo;

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-733001005-fan-cooler-cpu-hyper-h410r-led-red-cooler-master-intel-amd-_JM

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/MLA-756343701-cooler-master-hyper-212-led-turbo-intel-1151-y-am4-overdrive-_JM?quantity=1

In terms of price, the 1st hyper is the lowest one. Does anyone have it? Does it keep the temperatures working efficiently?

The another one is a bit more expensive and takes a high amount of space, due to which I'd have to change my old PC case too. Is it worth it? Is there such a big difference with the h410r?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 05:58:08 pm by Calhoun »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
Re: Cooling FX 8350
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 08:06:01 pm »
if you want to game, go water cooling or intel stock coolers are good enough to the cooling.

checkout "inus tech tips" channel on youtube.

Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

Thijn

• Forum Administrator
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 09:05:46 pm »
I've got that 212 EVO, and like you said it's massive. But it cools like a beast. My 6600K doesn't go above 60 degrees Celcius under full load.

I doubt once you get a 212 EVO, you'd ever have to buy another one.

I'm not totally useless,
I can be used as an bad example ;)

"Never do Today, What you can do Tomorrow"

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 06:29:52 am »
I've got that 212 EVO, and like you said it's massive. But it cools like a beast. My 6600K doesn't go above 60 degrees Celcius under full load.

I doubt once you get a 212 EVO, you'd ever have to buy another one.
Hey Teechen!

Fair; my brother also had an old 212 Plus, and I'd definitely consider buying the new Evo. But here another option has appeared:

Cooler Master T2 Blizzard;

Have you heard about it? Is it a good option too?; 212 Evo seems way too expensive right now in Argentina :S

Quote from: Thomas
if you want to game, go water cooling or intel stock coolers are good enough to the cooling.

checkout "inus tech tips" channel on youtube.
Thank you Thomas, but water cooling is not even an option since I do not know how to work with that kinda things, as well as they're way more expensive than a 212 Evo (the cheapest of them) and wouldn't be a good option. Using intel coolers is not recommended for this kind of proccessors either.

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.