login
April 27, 2024, 09:50:01 pm

Author Topic: Why VCMP Should NOT Exist  (Read 3330 times)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Re: Why VCMP Should NOT Exist
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2020, 12:04:26 am »
I was asked to respond to this thread thoroughly so here I am responding to it thoroughly

though I probably have much more relevant things I need to attend to but whatever it's my 1800th post

Hello kids,

still seeing a bit of snot on your nose there so it's probably too early for greetings like that

There have been many topics praising the existence of this mod, its freedom when it comes to dming and etc. During my VCMP journey, I have witnessed plenty of memorable times, moments that when you somehow intend to leave the game force you to go back and open the VCMP browser.

cannot and will not argue there, I've been sharing this sentiment for the last 9 years and 3 months (and counting)

I was just playing some duels with some random guy (it's not hard to admit I getting rekt ((as many say)) I am not even a half of what I was) whose name I will of course not mention, and while I was playing I just started thinking why this mod should not definitely exist anymore

now being personally shit at deathmatching should probably not give you reason to declare the worthlessness of a multiplayer modification loved by many

it is unfitting and quite selfish if I dare say so myself  :o

Saying the community of this wonderful game is highly toxic sounds cliche nowadays, and even though it is, it's not definitely a reason for leaving a game.

objectively speaking, the game always stays the game

with the plethora of possibilities we have been given with the release of 0.4, I could quite honestly say there is literally something for everyone these days

latching on to the worst part (toxicity) is subjective, masochistic and exclusively personal preference

so yes, it is not a reason for leaving the game

The 1st reason to admit that having this game alive is a sin, is hosts, in fact, this is the reason itself of why this game should not exist anymore. Believe it or not, low pingers (mostly European players, as hosts are often in Paris or Berlin) are always on disadvantage, but as most members of the community are high pinger users, they tend to hide themselves among each other to create the false belief that playing with people that has over 150 ping is fair, but in no way is it fair.

honestly -

• nobody is forcing or [amendment:(or even asking) (ok, fine. offering to play - maybe, but in no way...)] imploring the high pingers to play on servers designated for low pingers
  • the aforementioned happening creates discrepancies not only in the aspect of latency, but also in the ethnical, cultural and linguistic departments
  • I don't see the issue in, and at the same time see a solution for, everyone being able to play at low pings
  • to bring this list to a logical conclusion - high pingers play on far away servers solely out of personal preference, to which I, as a member of management of a European-hosted server do not object to by any means

Back in 2017, there was a match on VCDC finals, jUan (who I don't get along well with) vs Freak (a very close friend of mine) and it doesn't hurt admitting that jUan was in clear disadvantage, as a low-pinger, he was forced to OVER-lead aim to reach Freak, of course, I am not saying that without lag, jUan would have won, but, realizing he was in disadvantage is a point to be made. For laggers like me (LA player) it's easy to get used to playing under laggy conditions and eventually you'll consider yourself a pro because you are untouchable, but, this is not due to your mighty skills, but to your lag and to me, it looks like lagging has turned into an "ego-booster", as the more unhittable you are due to lag, the more you brag.

what?

we are in the second decade of the second millennium, VC:MP has been around for 15 years (if not more), and you are suddenly bringing up (and exaggerating the fact of) lead-aiming?

what in the world is "OVER-lead aiming"?

• laggy VC:MP players have been playing the mod since it's very inception
  • there have ALWAYS been low-pingers far less capable than jUan and there have ALWAYS been laggers with a much greater asspull than Freak and both sides have ALWAYS successfully prevailed over one another in their battles.
  • the real ones rarely ever complain about anyone lagging because 'lag' is such a miserable excuse these days, and it honestly always has been a miserable excuse. there is nobody that lead-aim cannot solve in VC:MP

amendment: refrained from including (or in this case excluding) hackers from the last point because they are not worth, or the point of discussion here

The 2nd reason, and the most despicable one, is the normalization of these behaviors on the game, that have eventually made of VC an "unplayable" game for many. Yes, what I mean by normalizing these behaviors, I mean that we have normalized the "high pingers" are fair players is one of them and this is something that in other games is completely impossible, you won't find it normal in games like Fortnite or Apex Legends, and going stages down, not even games like CS:GO or similar ones, will allow that. Probably around 80% of the VCMP players are Asian or American people that play in European servers, funny, huh.

as I wrote earlier, this 'normalization' you speak of is purely personal preference and it can be improved if somebody will want to take care of it in a way to actually improve it.

another actual reason (and another reason why your Fortnite/Apex Legends/CS:GO analogy is complete fucking bullshit) is because all the platforms you mentioned give players the possibility to disperse themselves in such a way that nobody lags at the end of the day.

Just to close this shit, I'd like to say, that in no way I am directly encouraging to the closure of this mod, as it's just a part of being critical towards something; also, many friends of mine and of yours, are here, and this is certainly the only thing that unites both parts, isn't it? It's normal, many people are attached to the game due to friendships, memories or even factions, many people love scripting for VCMP, many others love just chilling online in Vice City, and that's where RPG and other alternatives appear, but I ain't going that deep.

yeah sure why not

Of course, this is just my point of view and in no way am I intending to encourage you to leave nor close the game, I'm just seeing the other face of the whole thing and viewing it from a critical point, but well, I don't expect you all to understand.

no, just no.

amendment: to me, this looks like a hate speech from a guy that can't confess his incompetence in having his ass whopped on a 20-kill streak by someone better than him

which, by the way, you pretty much admitted to in the very beginning of your text

.....____________________ , ,__
....../ `---___________----_____|] - - - - - - - - ░ ▒▓▓█D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

This gun above, is to protect yourself from retarded repliers/replies, use it in case of:

1. Butthurting
2. Provoking
3. Useless replies 

honestly Lederhos, with all due respect, keep the gun to yourself because this post has clearly reflected on you all the 3 qualities you wrote above.

honestly I don't even want to respond to the rest, which is why I'm not going to comment on how Thomas never comes up with anything constructive in the big boy topics and I will not ask him to stay in his lane, and I will also not congratulate him on his demotion.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:28:04 am by morphine »
Agree Agree x 4 Disagree Disagree x 7 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Informative Informative x 2 Optimistic Optimistic x 2 Artistic Artistic x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2020, 03:49:56 am »
I was asked to respond to this thread thoroughly so here I am responding to it thoroughly

though I probably have much more relevant things I need to attend to but whatever it's my 1800th post

Hello kids,

still seeing a bit of snot on your nose there so it's probably too early for greetings like that

There have been many topics praising the existence of this mod, its freedom when it comes to dming and etc. During my VCMP journey, I have witnessed plenty of memorable times, moments that when you somehow intend to leave the game force you to go back and open the VCMP browser.

cannot and will not argue there, I've been sharing this sentiment for the last 9 years and 3 months (and counting)

I was just playing some duels with some random guy (it's not hard to admit I getting rekt ((as many say)) I am not even a half of what I was) whose name I will of course not mention, and while I was playing I just started thinking why this mod should not definitely exist anymore

now being personally shit at deathmatching should probably not give you reason to declare the worthlessness of a multiplayer modification loved by many

it is unfitting and quite selfish if I dare say so myself  :o

Saying the community of this wonderful game is highly toxic sounds cliche nowadays, and even though it is, it's not definitely a reason for leaving a game.

objectively speaking, the game always stays the game

with the plethora of possibilities we have been given with the release of 0.4, I could quite honestly say there is literally something for everyone these days

latching on to the worst part (toxicity) is subjective, masochistic and exclusively personal preference

so yes, it is not a reason for leaving the game

The 1st reason to admit that having this game alive is a sin, is hosts, in fact, this is the reason itself of why this game should not exist anymore. Believe it or not, low pingers (mostly European players, as hosts are often in Paris or Berlin) are always on disadvantage, but as most members of the community are high pinger users, they tend to hide themselves among each other to create the false belief that playing with people that has over 150 ping is fair, but in no way is it fair.

honestly -

• nobody is forcing or [amendment:(or even asking) (ok, fine. offering to play - maybe, but in no way...)] imploring the high pingers to play on servers designated for low pingers
  • the aforementioned happening creates discrepancies not only in the aspect of latency, but also in the ethnical, cultural and linguistic departments
  • I don't see the issue in, and at the same time see a solution for, everyone being able to play at low pings
  • to bring this list to a logical conclusion - high pingers play on far away servers solely out of personal preference, to which I, as a member of management of a European-hosted server do not object to by any means

Back in 2017, there was a match on VCDC finals, jUan (who I don't get along well with) vs Freak (a very close friend of mine) and it doesn't hurt admitting that jUan was in clear disadvantage, as a low-pinger, he was forced to OVER-lead aim to reach Freak, of course, I am not saying that without lag, jUan would have won, but, realizing he was in disadvantage is a point to be made. For laggers like me (LA player) it's easy to get used to playing under laggy conditions and eventually you'll consider yourself a pro because you are untouchable, but, this is not due to your mighty skills, but to your lag and to me, it looks like lagging has turned into an "ego-booster", as the more unhittable you are due to lag, the more you brag.

what?

we are in the second decade of the second millennium, VC:MP has been around for 15 years (if not more), and you are suddenly bringing up (and exaggerating the fact of) lead-aiming?

what in the world is "OVER-lead aiming"?

• laggy VC:MP players have been playing the mod since it's very inception
  • there have ALWAYS been low-pingers far less capable than jUan and there have ALWAYS been laggers with a much greater asspull than Freak and both sides have ALWAYS successfully prevailed over one another in their battles.
  • the real ones rarely ever complain about anyone lagging because 'lag' is such a miserable excuse these days, and it honestly always has been a miserable excuse. there is nobody that lead-aim cannot solve in VC:MP

amendment: refrained from including (or in this case excluding) hackers from the last point because they are not worth, or the point of discussion here

The 2nd reason, and the most despicable one, is the normalization of these behaviors on the game, that have eventually made of VC an "unplayable" game for many. Yes, what I mean by normalizing these behaviors, I mean that we have normalized the "high pingers" are fair players is one of them and this is something that in other games is completely impossible, you won't find it normal in games like Fortnite or Apex Legends, and going stages down, not even games like CS:GO or similar ones, will allow that. Probably around 80% of the VCMP players are Asian or American people that play in European servers, funny, huh.

as I wrote earlier, this 'normalization' you speak of is purely personal preference and it can be improved if somebody will want to take care of it in a way to actually improve it.

another actual reason (and another reason why your Fortnite/Apex Legends/CS:GO analogy is complete fucking bullshit) is because all the platforms you mentioned give players the possibility to disperse themselves in such a way that nobody lags at the end of the day.

Just to close this shit, I'd like to say, that in no way I am directly encouraging to the closure of this mod, as it's just a part of being critical towards something; also, many friends of mine and of yours, are here, and this is certainly the only thing that unites both parts, isn't it? It's normal, many people are attached to the game due to friendships, memories or even factions, many people love scripting for VCMP, many others love just chilling online in Vice City, and that's where RPG and other alternatives appear, but I ain't going that deep.

yeah sure why not

Of course, this is just my point of view and in no way am I intending to encourage you to leave nor close the game, I'm just seeing the other face of the whole thing and viewing it from a critical point, but well, I don't expect you all to understand.

no, just no.

amendment: to me, this looks like a hate speech from a guy that can't confess his incompetence in having his ass whopped on a 20-kill streak by someone better than him

which, by the way, you pretty much admitted to in the very beginning of your text

.....____________________ , ,__
....../ `---___________----_____|] - - - - - - - - ░ ▒▓▓█D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

This gun above, is to protect yourself from retarded repliers/replies, use it in case of:

1. Butthurting
2. Provoking
3. Useless replies 

honestly Lederhos, with all due respect, keep the gun to yourself because this post has clearly reflected on you all the 3 qualities you wrote above.

honestly I don't even want to respond to the rest, which is why I'm not going to comment on how Thomas never comes up with anything constructive in the big boy topics and I will not ask him to stay in his lane, and I will also not congratulate him on his demotion.

bro you left me speechless really never seen that much non-sense not even with panzer i just made a meme for this because really this ahahaha

morphine while replying:

Funny Funny x 19 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 3 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

[0] [VU]BliTz: lederhoes sounds like trump

credits to ponky ponky

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2020, 08:53:27 am »
wow that response was ass, and extremely underwhelming

I really was expecting you to continue the discussion because I actually brought forward some good arguments but that's where my high expectations usually lead me

Funny Funny x 5 Pwnt Pwnt x 2 (list)

Sezar

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2020, 09:17:08 am »
Guys I am selling popcorn and pepsi! 50ARDs combo!

Have a seat and enjoy the epic drama series of 'Why vcmp shouldn't EXIST'

p.s :- axxo ek ticket counter khol lo forum pe, boht profit milega ;D
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2020, 10:43:10 am »
Have a seat and enjoy the epic drama series of 'Why vcmp shouldn't EXIST'

nothing worth enjoying because this is my last post and because it would mostly be me making rational and constructive comments and lederhos replying with ass quality memes

I'm going to follow my own advice and stay away from this toxicity because it's not worth it with fuckwits like this
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 11:45:03 am by morphine »
Agree Agree x 5 (list)

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2020, 01:51:53 pm »
Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2020, 03:03:31 pm »
In my opinion, some points of both thoughts are valid. Lederhos has a point saying that low pingers have some disadvantages against high pingers (in reality, ping spikers). But, as does morphine, I don't think that's really much of a big problem, or better said a reason for which the game should not exist.

Synchronization / this kind of disadvantages have been a problem since VC:MP origins (although, nowadays in 0.4 it's much, much better). It's however something that players have managed to trespass using lead aim, a technique that everyone knows how to use, enjoying the game and having fun despite these differences - even creating events which is much. People chose to adapt rather than leaving in their own; and imo it makes the game being quite of most interesting to be honest.

laggy VC:MP players have been playing the mod since it's very inception
there have ALWAYS been low-pingers far less capable than jUan and there have ALWAYS been laggers with a much greater asspull than Freak and both sides have ALWAYS successfully prevailed over one another in their battles.

the real ones rarely ever complain about anyone lagging because 'lag' is such a miserable excuse these days, and it honestly always has been a miserable excuse.

There is nobody that lead-aim cannot solve in VC:MP

If you wanna go through a more efficient solution (in case you think lead aim isn't enough); it's just about having more players, more american servers and asian servers, which is impossible. But as I said, adapting is not much of a problem.

On an additional note, I believe that this impossibility of having american servers, that makes everyone around the world the need of playing in an european one, gives us the chance of learning about other cultures, and connecting much more than you do with people in any other game with these divisions. This is in my opinion, one of the points that makes us stay in VC-MP no matter what.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:16:50 pm by Calhoun »
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 2 Artistic Artistic x 1 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2020, 09:04:52 pm »
In my opinion, some points of both thoughts are valid. Lederhos has a point saying that low pingers have some disadvantages against high pingers (in reality, ping spikers). But, as does morphine, I don't think that's really much of a big problem, or better said a reason for which the game should not exist.

Synchronization / this kind of disadvantages have been a problem since VC:MP origins (although, nowadays in 0.4 it's much, much better). It's however something that players have managed to trespass using lead aim, a technique that everyone knows how to use, enjoying the game and having fun despite these differences - even creating events which is much. People chose to adapt rather than leaving in their own; and imo it makes the game being quite of most interesting to be honest.

laggy VC:MP players have been playing the mod since it's very inception
there have ALWAYS been low-pingers far less capable than jUan and there have ALWAYS been laggers with a much greater asspull than Freak and both sides have ALWAYS successfully prevailed over one another in their battles.

the real ones rarely ever complain about anyone lagging because 'lag' is such a miserable excuse these days, and it honestly always has been a miserable excuse.

There is nobody that lead-aim cannot solve in VC:MP

If you wanna go through a more efficient solution (in case you think lead aim isn't enough); it's just about having more players, more american servers and asian servers, which is impossible. But as I said, adapting is not much of a problem.

On an additional note, I believe that this impossibility of having american servers, that makes everyone around the world the need of playing in an european one, gives us the chance of learning about other cultures, and connecting much more than you do with people in any other game with these divisions. This is in my opinion, one of the points that makes us stay in VC-MP no matter what.

I agree with most of what you said man, though as I said we are reduced to play in servers where low-pingers belong to only one region (Europe) so players must preferibly be there. That's not happening as I consider this an utopic scenario considering our player count. But one thing that I am pretty sure game creators think when making a game, mod, whatever, is to make it:

1. fun
2. fair

I know I've been comparing VC with other games that are known worldwide, but for example, PunkNoodle gave me an example a while ago:

Doom Multiplayer which is also probably an older game than VCMP (and more dead) has a system where you don't need to lead aim, you damage people where you shoot them, giving fairness to people that doesn't have lag in general. As a curious fact, this system is in Apex as well, so now you can imagine how a system that was implemented more than 10 years ago, is still in use and seems efficient. I don't know anything about scripting and VCMP mechanics, but if it was possible to get this feature added it'd compensate most things related to those delay problems, at least for people that lives near hosts.

Though your solution sounds really optimistic, I think that's what most VCMP players would like to see (including me).
Thanks for your comment, made me think more!  :thumbsup:

Agree Agree x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

[0] [VU]BliTz: lederhoes sounds like trump

credits to ponky ponky

Deadmau5

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Real Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2020, 09:40:41 pm »
me right now

Funny Funny x 1 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

If you didnt receive an invite yet, means they don't want you. :-X By aXXo

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2020, 09:46:28 pm »
Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2020, 10:09:29 pm »
Though your solution sounds really optimistic, I think that's what most VCMP players would like to see (including me).
Thanks for your comment, made me think more!  :thumbsup:

all of that is literally what I suggested you goof

kid's smart, he's been doing the reading unlike some dumbfucks on this thread (yes lederhos I am talking about you, you assclown)

kid's smart yet again, albeit the alternative interpretation (which I also respect very much) in the end.

this is literally what I was hinting at in my first response - the solutions I was writing about - worldwide servers / location diversity, call it whatever you want.. "the possibility for everyone to play with low pings"

and I was expecting OP to take the hint and do some actual critical fucking thinking that he claims he's been doing instead of wasting time on these shit looking memes I wouldn't even want to wipe the fucking floor with

anyway my hat goes off to Calhoun on this one
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:12:20 pm by morphine »
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2020, 10:32:32 pm »
I think that the response got by Lederhos (the long meme) was more a reply to your way of treating him in your comment, than a reply towards the interpretation and points that you put off. Because as you said, they are similar to mine.

1. Butthurting
2. Provoking
3. Useless replies

I mean, I don't really think it was needed if the intention was to receive a nice response, but who am I to judge. Anyway, the points are showed off more clearly now anyway.

@leder, I haven't heard about what you wrote about DOOM Multiplayer and its system. But I would consider it an utopia too, taking into account the activity status of VC-MP developers. Let's have hope that some day it will be possible.

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

morphine

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2020, 10:35:48 pm »

1. Butthurting
2. Provoking
3. Useless replies

I was merely referencing what he himself wrote

the only person that really insulted lederhos is lederhos himself
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:40:13 pm by morphine »

Thomas

• Crazy Man
  • Death awaits you always
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2020, 10:54:26 pm »
don't take it personal this time.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 10:56:01 pm by Thomas »
Brain Donor Brain Donor x 2 (list)

Vice War 8 Developer
Vice War 8 Web Master
Playing VC-MP Since 2009
Representing Miami Killers.
T4iVi3R | HeisenBerg | Thomas | Tom4S

Deadmau5

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Real Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2020, 11:21:12 pm »
don't take it personal this time.

Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

If you didnt receive an invite yet, means they don't want you. :-X By aXXo