login
April 27, 2024, 07:25:20 pm

Author Topic: Best CW/Match/VCDC/Vicewar you have seen or played  (Read 1172 times)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Best CW/Match/VCDC/Vicewar you have seen or played
« on: August 06, 2020, 01:25:08 am »
since we have all these topics about the best "player" best "clan" best " whatever gamemode player" etc

I would like to ask you for the best team-play/1v1 perfomance you have ever seen in this game it doesnt matter the event, even if its individual like VCDC or Collective perfomance, with this said i have been playing VC:MP since may 2008 with a few absent times like from 2012 to 2016 and 2017 to 2020 and the best and most intense match i have ever seen in this game was the VCCT2 Final ULK 9-8 VU.

Many of you may not remember since this happened 8 years ago, around 2012, it was literally david vs goliat i remember we ( Eddy, Metalord, Me, Veteran and Gudio were the main team back then) lost to ULK in the group stage by 7-1 or smth, every member from VU clan helped us like aXXo, gangstaras, ferrari, wilson, charley, desfire, charley, thijn... i remember we had to go through the group stage then we defeated a tough EAF clan on semi-finals.

ULK went through agaisnt MK with some controversy because ULK.Zegro was using ghost world to snipe from there, it was probably an unfair outcome for that match, with all of this said we got veteran's leadership skills and gudio's sniping skills and myself, metalord and eddy for 1v1 encounters, well ULK was so sure they would overstomp VU like they did they in the group stage, they were wrong even though they got guys like ULK.Hazz, ULK,j.king, ULK.Olvido, ULK.KingKong, ULK.zegro, ULK.heAD, ULK.Tical, ULK.Kino, ULK.Morphine and many more but honestly they didnt expect us to do what we did, with gudio canceling zegro's sniping skills in many rounds we could make it 4-6 and 6-8, after 4-5 hours of playing when ULK was used to get rid of their opponents in less than 1 hour we made them go nervous and doubt about their skills even though they were so confident about winning but ULK was ULK and they ended up winning 9-8 with an LMS tie-breaker after 4-5 hours of intense gameplay, there were a few non-regular actions from ULK but couldnt be proven as it was 0.3 r2 version ,but in normal conditions VU would have won that final match.

Keep in mind that ULK was the most dominant clan out there since 2009 it may be shitty right now but they were so powerful that i would even say they have been the most dominant clan on VC:MP's history some may say DnA was good yea or even SS because those EAD leagues or CTF events, even WK of course WK was very good but guess where they took their attitude and skills? yea it was from ULK.

With all of this said this match between ULK and VU back in the old days was the best match to me by far by the time i got know this wasnt a loss but a win, just because of two things VU lost the first match at the first stage by 7-1 and second ULK was unbeatable and was undoubtedly the most dominant clan with no real opponent.

I would like to know your opinions
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:46:32 am by JuaN. »
Agree Agree x 4 Informative Informative x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Sevrin

• Crazy Man
  • Peace please
    • View Profile
Re: Best CW/Match/VCDC/Vicewar you have seen or played
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 06:09:53 am »
Best CW Played: TRC vs Virtuso Underdogs (EAD League 2)
Best VCDC Match Played: =TRC=sevrin vs [VU_R]Siezer - VCDC 5
Best Vicewar Played: Vicewar 6 & 7 both
Pwnt Pwnt x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Question to Stormeus: Where is TRC forums? We didn't even had a proper farewell because of you. :( :( :(

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 09:02:07 am »
I agree with Juan, VCCT 2 was the shit. It was back when VU truly were the underdogs, picking up newbies and creating talent. It was definitely the most skilled crew I ever got to play with.

Vice War 2 was my first event as a VU, and I don't think anything can ever top that. It was Phil's place vs Film studio, I remember losing to a small margin and then teaming up with like 20 VU's for a raid on the enemy base. You had aXXo, Charley, Veteran, SanDisk, Nicoarin, Ulrichzuko, shadow.. Basically VU's best cuts.
It ended in a narrow win for blue team (ulk) because they ended up refusing to spawn in order to stop points going to us.

Good fucking times

Also shout out to IT clan, the weirdest bunch of misfits out there. Back then it was a lesser known clan, but nowadays it sounds too damn legendary. A clan comprising of Morphine, Marcell (Reaper), Stormeus, Zeke, Shadow/heekzs and me.. All fucking legends
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 09:06:04 am by ferrari32 »
Agree Agree x 2 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

MD619

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • VU4LiFe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 10:48:33 am »
Best CW played: Pak vs India (EAD)
Best Vicewar played: Vicewar 6 Cubans vs Haitians
Best VCDC match played:[VU_T]MD619 vs [VU_R]SMD vcdc 5
Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Roystang's art

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 11:08:35 am »
Why am I not remembering VCCT lol, I think back then I just didn't pay attention too much, just hopped in and played. I remember all the names just not the events lol

But Vice War 2, maybe because of nostalgia but its still my fav Vice War. It made me appreciate chaos. I was at the Junkyard and man the mayhem at that localized spot. For some reason I don't remember nades, but I do remember Sea Sparrow and RPG. And Junkyard just has that dynamic terrain that made it all balance itself out idk. RPG spamming the interior, Sea Sparrow spraying the place, duck and cover to fight people on the ground and Sea Sparrow in the air it was exhilarating. It was my first Vice War and it got me so hooked I stayed up all night playing it. I remember raging when my game crashed cuz back then it was just 48 player slots and it was always full. If back then had the 100 slots of now, I know that Vice War would've had a much higher player count that would rival these latter Vice Wars.

I tried emulating it and bringing it back with Vice War 8, bringing aerial warfare back to the table was so refreshing, infact I want it back in the next Vice War whoever's doing it, but the weakness was the map, I don't think my map design captured what I got out of Vice War 2. That kinda thing takes a lot more terrain detail. Vice War 2, only people 100 ms or less in ping could use Sea Sparrow, i.e. only Europeans could use Sea Sparrow. Didn't like that one bit but Vice War 8 set the precedent on how to handle that and can still be improved upon. Vice War 7 the thrill was there, knowing you just eliminated one wave of enemies but another team was in the distance watching, waiting to make their own move on you, or even already were, sniping from a distance before they swoop in, no time to truly relax as it would be if it was just two teams fighting but Vice War 7 should've had Vice War 8's spawn protection system for one and the idea of more than 2 teams fighting it out should've come in an earlier Vice War, say Vice War 4 where all the clans of VC:MP had an equal body and presence.

Clan wars, I more have bad memories than good ones lol
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 11:11:02 am by GangstaRas »
Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 01:19:12 pm »
The first ever clan war we played was sooo jokes. I don't remember who was in our squad, I think it might have been me, Thijn, Knucis and one or two others, maybe aXXo. We were playing CG (a nightmare fail-clan headed by HaLL aka Amenine).

Back then we knew shit about scripting and hosting, or clan wars. I think we had a server organised, but it failed for some reason, so we switched to a public server. I don't remember exactly which one but I think it was either XE or UG (was it called UG?).

We played on the stadium roof, just straight up tdm. We were sure we were gonna win, no doubt, these CG guys were mugs. But when we started playing suddenly they had pro skills. We were like 'what the fuck is happening here'?

Turns out we were actually playing ULK.Gulk (one of the best players at the time) and one or two other ULKs under alias. We were so pissed, but after a while found it hilarious.

Besides that, I still have a lot of love for Vice War 1 and 2. I'd been playing for about 3 years, and in that time had witnessed groundbreaking moment after groundbreaking moment. Everything we did back then had people saying 'that will never work in VC:MP' or 'you can't do that' - from VU, to XE, to SvM, to VCDC, to Vice Ladder. We were insanely ambitious, and 90% of our projects worked out beautifully (RIP Wildstyle TDM, haha).

Vice War, for me, took things to a new level. The idea of a large-scale brawl was, up until that point, just a dream. There was no obvious sign that it would be possible given the state of the community and the mod. But we tried anyway, and it was fucking glorious.

I think there is beauty in simplicity. Vice War back then was very, very simple. Two bases, two pickups. The closer you killed an opponent to his base, the more points you got. If you killed an opponent close to your base, you got defending bonus. If you stood in the opposite team's pickup for 10 seconds, you got 5 points. That's it.

When you leave things that simple, you allow the players themselves to come up with creative ways to play. It's like giving a kid a set of lego without instructions. The gameplay was so varied, so diverse, and so spread out. You could be cruising around any part of the map and feel tense, because you had no idea who might be around the corner or what they might be doing. A couple of people might have set up an ambush, or a roadblock, or they might just be cruising around. People's intentions were unclear. It was thrilling.
Agree Agree x 3 Useful Useful x 1 (list)

Writer of excessively long posts

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 05:34:35 pm »
My first event was XAD League along with VUs and we had best squad out there, Me, Veteran, Madkiller, mDz, Deso, Heekzs and more I don't remember I think that time VU had decent A/D players those who had love for just A/D and nothing else. Vice War 1, 2 and 9 were the best ViceWar I ever played.

Also there are too many clan wars to be remembered for me, EAD League 2016, 2018 and EAD Championships, no matter how bad/good things get in this era of VCMP but for me 2010-2013 were best year for me the best journey I ever had.

I would love to see 0.3z era once more maybe not in 0.3z but I hope the ending be like 0.3z era.
Informative Informative x 2 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 08:31:56 pm »
Vice War 2 was my first event as a VU, and I don't think anything can ever top that. It was Phil's place vs Film studio, I remember losing to a small margin and then teaming up with like 20 VU's for a raid on the enemy base. You had aXXo, Charley, Veteran, SanDisk, Nicoarin, Ulrichzuko, shadow.. Basically VU's best cuts.
It ended in a narrow win for blue team (ulk) because they ended up refusing to spawn in order to stop points going to us.
Bro, you have your shit mixed up. VU won Vice War 2(aka VW Summer 2011).  ;D

It was quite one-sided, with ULK,VU,DU vs MK,DZ,Clan-Less. I think it was Junkyard vs Film Studios. My most vivid memories are [MK]NewK and [MK]anty_army fighting the whole world...ratting in junkyard with molotovs and spaz. Even though we won with quite a high margin, Community MVP votes went to NewK coz of respect++.

The one where ULK refused to spawn was Vicewar 3. It is also a favorite among a lot of people, but I was personally pissed to hell with VCMP 0.3z at that time.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2020, 09:37:52 pm »
I'll refrain from naming my favorite Vice War, because like a mother, I love all my babies equally no matter how ugly they are.

Favorite clanwar:
Yes, that one was tight. We played it 2 times and both were tied 4-4.
Pakistan has a very big squad and it's not easy to pick a best 5 side. Wilson handpicked most from VUs and EAD regulars. There were some absentees - notably: MD clan, Noori.

Indian squad was relatively easy to pick. We had me/Tony combo, Blitz/Karan for RPG, Fox/V2X/Beatz/Amal for M4, Shawn/Sean for sniping. It was not the best team in the world, but can compete. We had good coordination, used voice chat regularly, followed the plans and my instructions. Pakistan had a lot better players, but we had a good chance since nobody listens to Wilson and SMD doesn't read a sentence with more than 5 words...haha smd gay kid not gonna read this ahaha.

So, the match started. Our plans were working like clockwork, we did not even need to pull off any extreme skills to win. Easily cruising through the rounds. There was one base which was impossble to defend, so both teams won attacking. The score was 4-1 and we needed just one win to secure victory.
We were playing the Docks/Airport Jetty base and Karan was supposed blast them all with RPG when we rush the base together. We rushed the base on countdown and at GOGOGO Karan had a powercut. Apparently there was a thunderstorm in his city. The rushing team got slaughtered, 4-2.

No problems, we had 2 rounds Att/Def in Vercetti mansion remaining. That was our base and we were good at it, so expected to win at least one round. That time I did not know the VCDC 6 Champion Fulton_619. I thought he's some random paki noob. The molotov glitch was also unknown to me. I need not explain what happens in an interior base like Vercetti Mansion with a molo cheating lagger like Fulton. So, we tied 4-4.

Good times!
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 4 Informative Informative x 1 (list)

Klaus

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Argonath RPG
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2020, 03:52:10 am »
the best and most intense match i have ever seen in this game was the VCCT2 Final ULK 9-8 VU.
Indeed, that final was probably one of the closest A/D matches I've ever witnessed. Although we lost that Semi-final, I remember it being quite close thanks mainly to Denlow and Avenger but VU took a deserved victory. Both the final teams were top notch but ULK were undefeated champions at the time. From what I remember, youself and Gudio joined VU for the sole purpose of wanting to beat ULK, and when ULK eventually won there was a lot of drama afterwards where I seem to remember you saying you were going to leave VCMP forever after losing that final.... lol

For myself, I think winning the XAD League is probably my sweetest memory. Partly because it was my first A/D title, but mainly for it being such an achievement to win against top quality opposition such as TRC (Morphine, MetaLord, etc), VU (Veteran, Eddy, etc), and of course the toughest being DnA (Gudio, Avenger, etc). There were also MK, TZ, and others. That EAF squad of myself, Kessu, Marcell, Rapture, Alarba, Brian, and Tony was probably EAF at it's peak.

Other than that I've had many great A/D matches over the many years. The EAD League was probably the longest tournament in VCMP history, and extremely controversial for all the wrong reasons. That being said it hosted some brilliant matches that will live long in the memory, for example the match against SWAT (the one of only two matches that team ever played). The victories in both EAD championship finals are also highlights, shoutout to Kody, Silent, Alarba, Krys, Blitz, and Gynla.

But Vice War 2, maybe because of nostalgia but its still my fav Vice War. It made me appreciate chaos. I was at the Junkyard and man the mayhem at that localized spot. For some reason I don't remember nades, but I do remember Sea Sparrow and RPG.
I think you're getting your memories mixed up mate. Vice War 2, although very chaotic, didn't have the Sea Sparrow. That was first introduced in Vice War 3. I agree though that the Junkyard being the only 1 of 2 bases made it increasingly hectic having around 30 players fighting within such a small space. My fondest memory of that scene being setting people on fire with a flame thrower. 

With regards to Vice War though, a lot of them have their ups and downs. Havana Hazard and Lost in Liberty are probably my favorites. 1 was good but the script had bugs and the CP checkpoint didn't always work. 2 was good but there was some lag issue at the Movie Studio because someone decided to spawn six trucks all on top of each other which caused some desync fuckery to happen. 3 was good but felt a little too spaced out and lacked that chaotic feel, hence I managed to get 100 kills and 10 deaths. 4 was good at the beginning, but then it became boring quickly. HH was good because it kept my attention for most of the day and I felt the teams were a little more balanced than the previous two, as well as the money extortion feature. LIL was very entertaining as well with it's map and new boss feature.

Also shout out to IT clan, the weirdest bunch of misfits out there. Back then it was a lesser known clan, but nowadays it sounds too damn legendary. A clan comprising of Morphine, Marcell (Reaper), Stormeus, Zeke, Shadow/heekzs and me.. All fucking legends
How could you miss out Huntsman from that list? ;D
Agree Agree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 09:55:57 pm »
the best and most intense match i have ever seen in this game was the VCCT2 Final ULK 9-8 VU.
Indeed, that final was probably one of the closest A/D matches I've ever witnessed. Although we lost that Semi-final, I remember it being quite close thanks mainly to Denlow and Avenger but VU took a deserved victory. Both the final teams were top notch but ULK were undefeated champions at the time. From what I remember, youself and Gudio joined VU for the sole purpose of wanting to beat ULK, and when ULK eventually won there was a lot of drama afterwards where I seem to remember you saying you were going to leave VCMP forever after losing that final.... lol

Well i still think that ULK cheated in that match, they didnt expect VU to play the way VU did and they did a few lets call them "non-legit" kills like that old 0.3z BUG when the opponent couldnt shoot and just slide around without shooting, ULK couldnt stand loosing agaisnt VU after bragging how much they would rape us like they did on the group stage match.

Like i said above they got nervous and started to play dirty, we had gudio to counter zegro's ghost world sniping skills and they killed metalord on a key round that would have meant +3 lead (4-7) for VU and the win, it was 1v1 ULK.OLvidO and Metalord at WK chariots hotel and even though they knew metalord was bugged to olvido, they told Olvido to keep it going on and kill Metalord because ULK.Kino confessed it to me some years later since he was on their team-speak server.

so yea ULK would have won maybe 8 out of 10 matches agaisnt us but in that match they deserved to lose and their ego couldnt let them play clean so they had to cheat in order to win, thats something to be mad but we all know the way ULK worked the would even sell their souls to the devil rather than losing to a "minor" clan like VU so they did it.

so yea i left VC:MP that summer i dont remember it very wel but i remember i was playing VCDC3 at the same time i trained and practiced a lot for both VCCT2 and VCDC3, reached both finals in both events and lost both i decided to move on, even thought on that VCDC3 final agaisnt koray we went 3-3 in both rounds (VCDC worked somewhat different back then) and he killed me in both with a certain luck, one by some lucky punch ( i know i should be the least to moan about punching after the way i reached finals on VCDC5) and the other one because of me using ingramls with koray on 5-10hp to get rid of him easily but one of those double-shots that rarely happen when shooting agaisnt ing happened and knocked me down, imo i deserved to win or at least to play the tie breaker but it was 4-3,4-3 so i left vu and yea so i rejoined ULK they gave me the TLK rank as punishment and went inactive till DnA died around 2016
Informative Informative x 2 (list)

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 11:46:33 pm »
I'll refrain from naming my favorite Vice War, because like a mother, I love all my babies equally no matter how ugly they are.

Favorite clanwar:
Yes, that one was tight. We played it 2 times and both were tied 4-4.
Pakistan has a very big squad and it's not easy to pick a best 5 side. Wilson handpicked most from VUs and EAD regulars. There were some absentees - notably: MD clan, Noori.

Indian squad was relatively easy to pick. We had me/Tony combo, Blitz/Karan for RPG, Fox/V2X/Beatz/Amal for M4, Shawn/Sean for sniping. It was not the best team in the world, but can compete. We had good coordination, used voice chat regularly, followed the plans and my instructions. Pakistan had a lot better players, but we had a good chance since nobody listens to Wilson and SMD doesn't read a sentence with more than 5 words...haha smd gay kid not gonna read this ahaha.

So, the match started. Our plans were working like clockwork, we did not even need to pull off any extreme skills to win. Easily cruising through the rounds. There was one base which was impossble to defend, so both teams won attacking. The score was 4-1 and we needed just one win to secure victory.
We were playing the Docks/Airport Jetty base and Karan was supposed blast them all with RPG when we rush the base together. We rushed the base on countdown and at GOGOGO Karan had a powercut. Apparently there was a thunderstorm in his city. The rushing team got slaughtered, 4-2.

No problems, we had 2 rounds Att/Def in Vercetti mansion remaining. That was our base and we were good at it, so expected to win at least one round. That time I did not know the VCDC 6 Champion Fulton_619. I thought he's some random paki noob. The molotov glitch was also unknown to me. I need not explain what happens in an interior base like Vercetti Mansion with a molo cheating lagger like Fulton. So, we tied 4-4.

Good times!
Trying not to....

Funny Funny x 3 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Anonusertrack

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2020, 07:15:24 am »

India had hackers like v2x and didnt win? Impossible

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2020, 08:01:49 am »
SMD doesn't read a sentence with more than 5 words...haha smd gay kid not gonna read this ahaha.

ahah Deadshot pm'ed to this post or else i would be reading this in some months, and ye that was really a cool match I would love to do Pak vs Ind again in EAD same teams.
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

Credits : KocKex

Kelvin

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • Miami Killers
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2020, 09:03:45 am »
even thought on that VCDC3 final agaisnt koray we went 3-3 in both rounds (VCDC worked somewhat different back then) and he killed me in both with a certain luck, one by some lucky punch ( i know i should be the least to moan about punching after the way i reached finals on VCDC5) and the other one because of me using ingramls with koray on 5-10hp to get rid of him easily but one of those double-shots that rarely happen when shooting agaisnt ing happened and knocked me down, imo i deserved to win or at least to play the tie breaker but it was

You made strategic mistakes. Everyone watching that match knows that. You making strategic mistakes doesnt mean Koray went lucky. He cant go lucky 2 rounds in a row. Koray got to the finals with pyschologic disadvantage because of the drama caused by Sam, which my brother was completely right, and still managed to beat you fair and square. It is too bad to see you still disrespecting my brother this way. Give the champ the respect he deserves.
Agree Agree x 3 Disagree Disagree x 1 Winner Winner x 1 Informative Informative x 2 (list)