March 29, 2024, 02:15:36 pm

Author Topic: About VW7 and You  (Read 2312 times)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
About VW7 and You
« on: June 28, 2018, 11:05:04 am »
Vice War 7 has been successfully resurrected and it's finally around the corner! As such, on behalf of the Vice War Staff, the time is ripe to discuss among our participants on some pertinent issues to ensure that this Vice War is fun and fair for all.

UID Mismatch

UID mismatch was mainly implemented as a means to prevent ban evasion as within the community it is a rampant issue where you will ban an account and he/she does their trickery and rejoin the server couple minutes later, free to spawn and disrupt the rest of us having fun. However, because of the strictness of this system, we have hindered quite a few of our legitimate fan base as the months progressed. Some of our staff members have agreed that the ruling is too strict. Today, I am in a good mood so this is what will happen to the currently afflicted:

• Those that are currently banned twice for UID mismatch, as of today June 28, 2018, we will unban those accounts.
  • Those that have been banned once already, as of today, your record is reset.

HOWEVER

The rules stipulated here and here are still in effect. That means, everyone still only has ONE UID unban chance and we will NOT unban anyone on the day of the event. This is the last week and a half left until Vice War commences and we would like for everyone that have waited patiently throughout the seasonal drought to get a chance, but this isn't any free for all, the system must and will remain intact for ban evaders. If you still get yourself struck twice for UID mismatch after this, you will definitely miss Vice War without remorse. Again, let me go over what will lock your account for UID mismatch:

• You register your account on one installation of Windows but rejoin the server on another installation of Windows. Even if the Windows are the same versions, it can still strike a UID mismatch.

• You register your account on one PC but rejoin the server on another PC. The PC you register from should be the PC you play from.

• You upgraded the Windows system you used to register on the server (upgrade to a entirely different version of Windows or service pack upgrades such as Windows XP to SP1 > SP2 > SP3, or Windows 8 to Windows 8.1)

So, upgrade what you need to now, fix what you need to now, get the PC you plan on playing Vice War on now and register. If you get banned on the day of the event, even if you still have one UID unban chance, we will not unban you.

Hackers

Many folks have expressed their anxiety about what's going to happen regarding Vice War 7 and hackers, some have even expressed loss of hope and are now holding a position refusing to participate in this year's Vice War as despair in the community is now at an all sky high limit. Today, I am announcing that we will be doing an undisclosed cleanup of every gang and every member that has been accepted to participate in Vice War. This is the one of the last barriers we've made to ensure that Vice War is as hacker free as possible.

Some have already been barred and did not make it past registration while others, we have allowed them beyond registration willingly. Be not discouraged, this didn't mean hackers will be able to play. Some have even been good during the registration period and hacked immediately after the period, some have been secretly hacking all this time under alias, keeping their main accounts clean.

The Vice War Staff has not rest, carefully watching the community for near 7 months now, watching them do as they please around us. So, everyone that has hacked since 2018 started, i.e. January 1, 2018 to today, and till the very day of the event, will be banned from participating in Vice War without remorse or chance. Decisions made on some individuals in 2017 have not been relinquished, they are special cases and they know who they are. The rest however were silently given a second chance the starting of the new year to this day.

All bans have been attested, freely assessed and validated by the entirety of the VW Staff. Bans were given to individuals that:

• Distributed hacks and were active conspirators
  • Aimlocked within the period, whether caught or detected
  • HP hacked within the period, whether caught or detected
  • Used trainers within the period, whether caught or detected
  • Speed hacked within the period, whether caught or detected
  • Used teleport hacks within the period, whether caught or detected

Aliases and UID changers were also tracked and will be banned as well.

This ban is not permanent however, participants that got banned from VW7 can still apply for VW8 coming December. With the rise of developer activity, we hope robust solutions are found and will be implemented by the time VW8 is scheduled to arrive.

Away from hacks, we will also be banning double accounts. We have documented sibling relationship some of the double accounts but the undocumented ones will be banned and banned immediately unlike the hack list. If you are wrongfully banned in these cases, you need to provide the following information:

• Nick of sibling
  • Official server(s) he/she plays on

We will handle the rest from there. You will remain banned if we have deduced that you're lying.

We hope to see you all July 7th! Remember the event starts 00:00 GMT, please work out the time and date according to your specific timezone but as a general idea of when to check the server:

• US, Caribbean, South America - Friday 6:00 PM
  • Europe - Friday 11:00 PM
  • Africa - Saturday - 1:00 AM
  • Asia - Saturday - 2:30 AM
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 07:39:53 pm by GangstaRas »
Agree Agree x 3 Winner Winner x 2 Informative Informative x 4 Friendly Friendly x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

ZAiM

• Fanatic
  • I came, I saw, I conquered.
    • View Profile
Re: About VW7 and You
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 09:46:23 pm »
1 question , i got banned for UID mismatch twice , you mean that people like me who had 2 uid mismatch ban will get unbanned?

- Those that are currently banned twice for UID mismatch, as of today June 28, 2018, we will unban those accounts.
- Those that have been banned once already, as of today, your record is reset.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:03:05 pm by ZAiM »
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

PunkNoodle

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 10:15:03 pm »
1 question , i got banned for UID mismatch twice , you mean that people like me who had 2 uid mismatch ban will get unbanned?

- Those that are currently banned twice for UID mismatch, as of today June 28, 2018, we will unban those accounts.
Yes lucky boy, now try to maintain the same until VW7 because chances like that won't happen again  ;)
Informative Informative x 2 Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 11:46:06 pm »
Just to be clear, does this mean that every player who has been caught with cheats such as aimlock are banned from participating in this VW?

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

Vedder

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Romancero gitano
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2018, 12:32:09 am »
Just to be clear, does this mean that every player who has been caught with cheats such as aimlock are banned from participating in this VW?
from january 1 to the day of the event, yes it does - they are banned from participating in this edition.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 12:34:57 am by biozcalhoun »
Informative Informative x 1 (list)

VC:MP player since 2011. A part of VU. Bearer of a restless desire to understand the world. Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Mariano Moreno, Gazeta de Buenos Ayres. 12 de junio de 1810.

Milko

• Crazy Man
  • <message removed by RajPut>
    • View Profile
    • Dark Negative Anti-Social
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 09:32:35 am »

You've gotten caught cheating this year already. You're banned either way.
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 3 (list)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2018, 11:56:04 am »

You've gotten caught cheating this year already. You're banned either way.

This is correct. It came to my attention that you have been banned for aimlock. So I didnt bother unban your account effectively. Everyone else that had UID mismatch issues have been unbanned (they didn't hack AFAIK)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2018, 09:00:24 pm »
Also, please note the new rule change here

We will be auto-banning ANY and EVERYONE who runs ANY type of modifications detectable by the server. You will not be unbanned if you're caught by the server.

Please we urge our participants:

• Do not load any graphical mods
  • Do not load any mouse fixes
  • Do not load any ASI files at all

The server will ban every single one of them without remorse.

krystianoo

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2018, 09:03:00 pm »
Do not load any graphical mods
Do not load any mouse fixes
Do not load any ASI files at all

Does this mean usage of VCVE is disallowed?

Even the texture replacements?

Does this mean I cannot use the .dll that makes the mouse not stop when I click the pause button?

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2018, 09:25:21 pm »
Do not load any graphical mods
Do not load any mouse fixes
Do not load any ASI files at all

Does this mean usage of VCVE is disallowed?

Even the texture replacements?

Does this mean I cannot use the .dll that makes the mouse not stop when I click the pause button?

Any modification that can be detected will get you banned. I won't specify what can and can't, defeats the purpose. So the safest bet is to run an original clean version of GTA Vice City.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:35:10 pm by GangstaRas »

Sora_Blue

• Crazy Man
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2018, 10:32:18 pm »
Not going through that trouble.

Quote from: Tical
All I know is you're a polack glitcher. Why are you pretending to be not a polack glitcher? Admin probably saw marcell the polack glitcher fucking around with RPG at close range, he did the right thing and banned you before you could polack glitch. Not actually being a polack glitcher could probably help

lederhos

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2018, 12:18:30 am »
Not greenless GangsTaras?
Agree Agree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

[0] [VU]BliTz: lederhoes sounds like trump

credits to ponky ponky

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2018, 01:26:22 am »
Not greenless GangsTaras?

I've never done that no greenless mod before, don't know what it requires. So to be on the safe side, I'm gonna say best you do without than with

EDIT:

There will be a 3 kick chance to alert you if anything is up
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 09:09:21 am by GangstaRas »

Zkq

• Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2018, 03:01:15 pm »
Can we get a chance to get in the server for once and test our game if it works well or not?

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2018, 03:57:39 pm »
Can we get a chance to get in the server for once and test our game if it works well or not?

There will be a 3 kick chance to alert you if anything is up

This is it. At best, we only expect people to have 1 strike but if you want to selectively take out some mods until you see what works, burning out your chances, that's on you.

As we have advised, we recommend an unmodified install of GTA Vice City.