March 28, 2024, 03:50:59 pm

Author Topic: Killing friends in VC:MP  (Read 9352 times)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
Killing friends in VC:MP
« on: May 17, 2017, 10:00:39 pm »
So I just had a very enjoyable hour on the VKs server, where I teamed with Zatch and Signal near the Washington Beach police station (thanks Zatch and Signal). The ability to turn your radar off changes the experience a lot, it's fun. Every time I go to that server there's a good fight in that area actually.

Anyway, as we were fighting, I noticed that frequently I'd be close-combatting someone, and either Zatch of Signal would either just watch or would run away, not give me cover fire. I asked them why, and they said that some of the people I was fighting were clanmates, and some were friends.

This is a debate that's been had occasionally since I started VC:MP - is this okay? I said to Zatch and Signal that friends don't matter in DM - if they're not on your team, you should kill them. I stand by this opinion. In my view, if friends or clanmates don't want you to kill them, then they should join your team. To me, there's little point in even being in a clan if you play on separate teams.

However, I do understand Zatch and Signal's view, and I can see that their friends might be pissed off or upset if they killed them. Is that their friends' problem, or theirs?

If you are on a team, and you see someone is fighting one of your teammates, but then you see it's a friend of yours, do you shoot?
Agree Agree x 2 Disagree Disagree x 1 Funny Funny x 1 Informative Informative x 1 Useful Useful x 1 (list)
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Writer of excessively long posts

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
Re: Killing friends in VC:MP
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:16:01 pm »
I will let them fight as long as it's 1 vs 1, if it's 2 vs 1, i'd gladly step in then. :p
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

aXXo

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 02:40:59 am »
It depends.
When Vicewar is approaching, I usually sugercoat my attitude towards neutral players hoping for an alliance. Otherwise, fuck them all.
Funny Funny x 12 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 1 (list)

Thomas

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 06:35:00 am »
The reason i change nicks. people normally befriend me to survive more.
Change nick to pwn them all.
Agree Agree x 2 Brain Donor Brain Donor x 4 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

SMD

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Don't teach Father how to make children!Lol Movies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 07:33:38 am »
I think i too start playing with Charley's view because 60% of vcmp players are my friends amd 40% not.
Before a year i got 18k kills in lw now in 1 and a half year i only got 6k.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 07:35:35 am by SMD »
Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

Credits : KocKex

Riders

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2017, 08:00:53 am »
Go undercover and kill them.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:06:03 am by Riders »
Agree Agree x 5 Funny Funny x 1 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2017, 08:04:38 am »
So this is what puzzles me. If you're their 'friends' why do you have to go undercover and hide things from them? If they're friends they should understand that you're playing a DM game, and if they're on the other side, they're gonna get killed.

For me, fighting my friends is even more enjoyable than fighting random nubs, because they're usually challenging, and we can help each other learn to fight better.

The number 1 priority for me is my own life, and number 2 is my teammates. If they die, the team loses.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Freak

• Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Secret Slayers
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2017, 08:59:17 am »
What most of the VC:MP players think when we kill them is that we're no longer friends and that is why I'm killing him.
If none of the players took the same skin as me and I'm the only one using that skin and if a friend comes then I wouldn't kill them however if my clanmates or friends are in the same team as me and my friend (which is in the opponent team) trying to kill my clanmate or friend then I'll attack my friend (which is in the opponent team) and save my clanmate. If that guy (my friend which is in the opponent team) doesn't wants to get killed then he should switch team and take the same team as me to make the game fair and square and that's what TDM is about.
Agree Agree x 3 (list)

Amal

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2017, 09:07:21 am »
thats the reason i rarely play nowadays in dm servers, no enemies to kill

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 09:53:38 am »
I kill all
Agree Agree x 1 Pwnt Pwnt x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

Signal

• Regular
  • al mallu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2017, 11:31:19 am »
I can see that their friends might be pissed off or upset if they killed them. Is that their friends' problem, or theirs?

I usually get a bunch of PM ingame when I accidentally kill any of my friends O0
Agree Agree x 2 Funny Funny x 5 (list)

Charley

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2017, 09:23:55 am »
I usually get a bunch of PM ingame when I accidentally kill any of my friends O0

And how do you reply?

I used to get this too, and I would simply reply something like 'You're on the other team dude, deal with it'
Agree Agree x 1 Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

JuaN.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2017, 12:21:08 pm »
i always respect 1v1 fights as im an old school 1v1 player, but if someone that i dont like is fighting in that 1v1 i always step in and annoy the shit out of him/her, when it happens agaisnt me i just try to cover myself behind trees and corners and i usually get some of them by playing dirty like that lol since i cant afford fighting 2v1 in 0.4 and having hopes/high chances of winning it like i did in 0.3
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 12:23:53 pm by JuaN. »
Agree Agree x 1 (list)

lilly

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2017, 01:07:49 pm »
No matter Who , When or How, Just go there and kick their asses
Funny Funny x 2 Winner Winner x 1 (list)
Cannot rate own posts

klein.

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 08:06:08 pm »
From Freak;
If that guy doesn't wants to get killed then he should switch team and take the same team as me to make the game fair and square and that's what TDM (Team Death-Match) is about.

Was,talking about DM?  :angel: ........