May 01, 2024, 08:21:48 am

Author Topic: leaving  (Read 2040 times)

Foxtrot

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
leaving
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:37:03 am »
After our little incident I waited a few days to see in which direction are things going and I must say I am not happy with the result. Seems like the respect here has become a past thing and I am not willing to stay here and pretend nothing happened and that I'm ok with it. I understood that no actions ought to be taken so I decided I would take actions myself. I would be grateful if someone could remove my member status from the forum asap. Thank you.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

Zeke

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP and LU beta tester
    • View Profile
Re: leaving
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 08:03:14 am »
fuck no

Do u know how many times this has happened with me and the other members? But in the end everything is okay.
I suggest you rethink this. I know that some of the member can be shitbags ( not gonna mention names ) but thats just not a proper reason to leave, why cant you just ignore them, or even better fix whatever problems you have with them.
Agree Disagree Funny Winner Pwnt Informative Friendly Useful Optimistic Artistic Late Brain Donor

InstallHook(0x405AC0,(DWORD)CantFindFuckingAnim,0x405A95,
CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode,sizeof(CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode));
-------------------------------------------------
[00:41:12] <~Murdock> actually just transfering files
[00:41:16] <~Murdock> sounds, clientscripts etc
[00:42:05] <heekzs> what transfer method you uses
[00:43:03] <~Murdock> speed of light

Midiox

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:20:38 am »
Come on Fox! Be patient. If you have a problem with a member or too and you're not happy, doesn't mean that is the end of your career with us, don't care, there is many member will gives you the respect that you want. Please, think carefully.

WiLsOn

• Crazy Man
  • First in battle last in retreat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2012, 09:50:14 am »
Holy man cmon you can't leave for that reason like Zeke said ignore them.

7echn0

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 10:20:38 am »
what the fuck ? if you had sorted your problems with m[D]z and XGamer it wouldn't have come to this, but there were some clashing egos that wouldn't be able to exist with each other here
Insulting and lying to Foxtrot was wrong and disrespectful and I am sorry for doing it and I have already apologized at him.
quote by mDz
so come the fuck on, all problems aside and don't make the clan a drama stage and ruin it's pride with shit like this
imho

Foxtrot

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 10:32:53 am »
what the fuck ? if you had sorted your problems with m[D]z and XGamer it wouldn't have come to this, but there were some clashing egos that wouldn't be able to exist with each other here
Insulting and lying to Foxtrot was wrong and disrespectful and I am sorry for doing it and I have already apologized at him.
quote by mDz
so come the fuck on, all problems aside and don't make the clan a drama stage and ruin it's pride with shit like this
imho

I am not sure you are fully aware of the situations so please refrain from posting until you get your facts right. I'm sorry if you think this is all because of mdz because it isn't. And also, i don't think i ruined the clan's pride given the fact that I only posted in the private section and no one knows what is really happening. But anyway, thank you for your thoughts :)

Zeke

• Crazy Man
  • VC:MP and LU beta tester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 10:43:06 am »
You are not going anywhere Mister.
Till this is sorted.

InstallHook(0x405AC0,(DWORD)CantFindFuckingAnim,0x405A95,
CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode,sizeof(CantFindFuckingAnim_HookJmpCode));
-------------------------------------------------
[00:41:12] <~Murdock> actually just transfering files
[00:41:16] <~Murdock> sounds, clientscripts etc
[00:42:05] <heekzs> what transfer method you uses
[00:43:03] <~Murdock> speed of light

ferrari32

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 11:49:51 am »
Come on fox, it's a bit too early to rush things like this. One incident like this doesn't have to represent the clan as a whole. You know very much that a lot of us here care about you, and would always stand up for you.

-Proud member of VU since August 18 2011, SvM server Admin, Vice Legends server Admin, Playing VCMP for way too long to remember

habla

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 02:04:36 pm »
What kind of result were you hoping for? Just asking.

I truly hope you'll reconsider.

son_of_habla VCMP sucks
habla ey, that's how I met your mother

Lazee

• Vice Underdog Rookie (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
  • Mess with the Best, die like the Rest.
    • View Profile
    • "(^_^)"
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 02:34:49 pm »
Come on fox, it's a bit too early to rush things like this. One incident like this doesn't have to represent the clan as a whole. You know very much that a lot of us here care about you, and would always stand up for you.

Veteran

• Vice Underdogs (Inactive)
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 03:33:18 pm »
After spending a lot of time talking to Foxtrot and XGamer, I've tried to understand the story of both sides to be able to judge the situation objectively and threat all members equally. The remark I got to was- yes, XGamer's rage was completely unacceptable and incorrect (and in my conversation with him he admitted it), but knowing the people involved- it was understandable.

What I got from talking to you both is that, XGamer and Foxtrot never had a friendly relationship between them, so Gamer's rage did not come out of nothing- personally, if the following situation happened to me, I really wouldn't care much, since I take everything what's happening in this game easy, but a few days before the incident between them two, Foxtrot had muted XGamer in SvM for, as he said- just for lulz, basically- for nothing. And so, XGamer got kicked from the server, and I repeat, knowing the involved people, Gamer took it seriously and personally.
In our conversation, Foxtrot told me that this admin abuse was not directed to XGamer personally, but to him as just a PLAYER. Well, in that case, we can assume that XGamer flamed not towards Foxtrot but to an ADMIN.
No. I see these two things very related, and I am not saying that it was the fire starter, but it certainly didn't do any good. + Muting/kicking your clanmate for nothing... I wouldn't call that showing respect either.

So, what I'm trying to say here is that what happened between Gamer and Foxtrot the other day was strictly personal, between them two, and that's how in my opinion it should have been solved- through talking, between them two, not involving the whole clan (like 55 members), and definitely not calling it a tendency in VU.

It's a shame that Foxtrot had to leave the pc on Monday when we were solving this- he had to leave a minute before I was about to make a chatroom for Gamer and Fox to make peace. Therefore, yesterday I told him to wait until that conversation happens (when they're both online) and only then we can discuss if the so wanted "actions" are even needed.

Some members today have tried a lot to persuade Foxtrot to stay, but his "decision remains," he's gonna leave a clan that does nothing. Well, I do believe that with reasonable people (and I consider all VUs to be that), talking is the effective and grown-up way to solve problems, but Foxtrot is so, I'll allow myself to say, blinded by the idea of demoting XGamer, he won't even accept Gamer's apologies. And yes, they did come late, and in forum Gamer acted pretty immature as well, but Fox, what kind of loyalty are you trying to show towards VU, by leaving the clan because of this incident? Telling that "either you do that or I will leave" is not helping the team as u think, but it is called bitching. A truly stable and loyal member wouldn't let, as you yourself just said
a little incident
be a reason to leave.

And to all our other members- I would kindly ask you to not take Foxtrot's diagnosis about "respect here has become a past thing" seriously. VU has and always will be based on unity and respect between one another. And we respect everyone equally, and so we respect their decisions.
I'm disappointed to see you leave for this, Foxtrot, and you are still welcome to change your mind, but either way I wish you good luck in whatever you do.

My mother-in-law said to me at dinner last week that I overreact too much to criticism.
So I shot her.

Knucis

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 03:35:12 pm »
Couldn't agree more with Veteran.

Skirmant

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Ignorance is bliss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2012, 03:55:36 pm »
I for one think that this topic is childish, stupid and shouldn't have been posted.

So what? You two trolled and raged at each other a bit and suddenly shit got real?
For love of god. Get over your petty differences and cut the bullshit.

These kind of topics only show how vulnerable and egotistical people truly are.

"C++ is a horrible language" - Linus Torvalds, creator of Linux

<SLC> nope. changed my mind. squirrel still sux dix
<SLC> it's just a piece of sh!t
* SLC has quit (Connection closed)

GangstaRas

• Vice Underdog
  • Crazy Man
  • Representing VU for Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2012, 03:59:27 pm »
After spending a lot of time talking to Foxtrot and XGamer, I've tried to understand the story of both sides to be able to judge the situation objectively and threat all members equally. The remark I got to was- yes, XGamer's rage was completely unacceptable and incorrect (and in my conversation with him he admitted it), but knowing the people involved- it was understandable.

What I got from talking to you both is that, XGamer and Foxtrot never had a friendly relationship between them, so Gamer's rage did not come out of nothing- personally, if the following situation happened to me, I really wouldn't care much, since I take everything what's happening in this game easy, but a few days before the incident between them two, Foxtrot had muted XGamer in SvM for, as he said- just for lulz, basically- for nothing. And so, XGamer got kicked from the server, and I repeat, knowing the involved people, Gamer took it seriously and personally.
In our conversation, Foxtrot told me that this admin abuse was not directed to XGamer personally, but to him as just a PLAYER. Well, in that case, we can assume that XGamer flamed not towards Foxtrot but to an ADMIN.
No. I see these two things very related, and I am not saying that it was the fire starter, but it certainly didn't do any good. + Muting/kicking your clanmate for nothing... I wouldn't call that showing respect either.

So, what I'm trying to say here is that what happened between Gamer and Foxtrot the other day was strictly personal, between them two, and that's how in my opinion it should have been solved- through talking, between them two, not involving the whole clan (like 55 members), and definitely not calling it a tendency in VU.

It's a shame that Foxtrot had to leave the pc on Monday when we were solving this- he had to leave a minute before I was about to make a chatroom for Gamer and Fox to make peace. Therefore, yesterday I told him to wait until that conversation happens (when they're both online) and only then we can discuss if the so wanted "actions" are even needed.

Some members today have tried a lot to persuade Foxtrot to stay, but his "decision remains," he's gonna leave a clan that does nothing. Well, I do believe that with reasonable people (and I consider all VUs to be that), talking is the effective and grown-up way to solve problems, but Foxtrot is so, I'll allow myself to say, blinded by the idea of demoting XGamer, he won't even accept Gamer's apologies. And yes, they did come late, and in forum Gamer acted pretty immature as well, but Fox, what kind of loyalty are you trying to show towards VU, by leaving the clan because of this incident? Telling that "either you do that or I will leave" is not helping the team as u think, but it is called bitching. A truly stable and loyal member wouldn't let, as you yourself just said
a little incident
be a reason to leave.

And to all our other members- I would kindly ask you to not take Foxtrot's diagnosis about "respect here has become a past thing" seriously. VU has and always will be based on unity and respect between one another. And we respect everyone equally, and so we respect their decisions.
I'm disappointed to see you leave for this, Foxtrot, and you are still welcome to change your mind, but either way I wish you good luck in whatever you do.

an interesting story. nicely explained

Inferno

• Crazy Man
  • Frontline-battles! :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2012, 04:03:15 pm »
Seriously i am totally fed up with this drama.